Adventist Online

I have been looking at supposed SDA online sites. Unfortunately I am getting more and more confused with who is who..now I find this guy teaching a 2520 prophecy..and yep..by all accounts he is an SDA layman.

How many more are amongst us? Do you ever think you are reading an SDA site when in fact it's not of our teaching?

A Review of Jeff Pippenger’s teachings - Norman McNulty, M.D.

*** Adventist Online Admin Note ***
Since this discussion is the top search result on Google for the term "Jeff Pippenger", we have seen a 'round up the troops' movement of Pippenger supporters.  They come here to defend beliefs which the Seventh-day Adventist Church has found to be baseless.  Beliefs which have lead these same supporters of Jeff Pippenger to leave the Seventh-day Adventist Church.  This is a web site for Seventh-day Adventists by Seventh-day Adventists.  Each new member must answer "Yes" to the following question to create a profile here:  "Do you agree to uphold the principles and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist church in your conduct on this site and follow the Site Rules & Guidelines?"

Our Site Rules & Guidelines includes the following rule:

12. This is a site by Seventh-day Adventists for Seventh-day Adventists.  We welcome all seekers of God's truth here.  We believe that God will continue to reveal His truth to His people as time progresses.  Thus we are constantly seeking a better understanding of God and His word.  We welcome all that are doing the same. That said, if it becomes apparent that your purpose in being a member of this site is to promote a different agenda and/or sow discord among the brethren, your ability to interact with this site may be restricted.

We ask that all members uphold the pledge they made when joining this site.

Views: 33057

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Adventists do not belong to the true church because of James White or the 1863 chart. The Seventh-day Adventist Church is the truth because it is God's organization. It is God who called His church into existence.

During the Millerite era, there were many false doctrines taught (eg 2520) and there was much light for God's people to know (eg Sabbath, trinity, sanctuary). God blessed His people with His truth during those years and then organised them as Seventh-day Adventists.

Today, the Seventh-day Adventist Church is God's true denomination and it is His agent for light and truth in a dark world. The church is standing on a sure system of truth which includes the trinity doctrine and the rejecting of 2520.

As I study the history of our church, I can see God working for His people, taking them from one stage to another - from light unto light.

I am proud to be a Seventh-day Adventist and I will continue to defend this denomination and its system of truth.

Ironically, the one prophecy that most strong proves that the SDA Church is indeed God's denominated people was rejected in the very year we became God's denominated people. We are repeating the history of ancient Israel.

how can a doctrine that is based on fanciful jewish interpretations prove that the SDA church is God's denominated people?

Theodore, maybe you belong to a different SDA church. The SDA church i belong to does not hold to teachings based on jewish fables

Abdool, What you are ignoring is the logic that commentators use to arrive at the 677 BC date. They do not merely accept that the Seder Olam Rabbah is correct but accept the reasoning that places Manasseh's captivity in his 22nd year. Prideaux outlines the arguments well.

Prideaux's arguments are based on the Seder Olam. There is no other "proof" for Manasseh being in Babylon in 677 other than from a book of jewish ideas and interpretations.

Ussher also admiited to using the Seder to state that Manasseh was taken captive in his 22nd year, in 677BC

We have been discussing this point for a few days, and all you have quoted come from one source, namely the Seder

Why don't you who follow the 2520 error respect the site administrator and stop promoting your errors?

Defender, the last time I posted was July 16th. I am not promoting my views but simply answering questions in a discussion. 

Lisa, what was the last and longest prophetic period proclaimed by Miller and his associates? Was Sister White trying to mislead her readers?

Theodore why ask the same question?  You are going to get the same answer, the 2300 day prophecy!  I gave you the whole quote exactly as she said it. You are filling in what you think she was saying based on an error that you refuse to let go of!  If you read the whole chapter in context there is no way you can say that is the 2520 she is referring to!

The fulfillment of the 2300 day prophecy was Miller's focus also, not the 2520!

Lisa what are the two desolations of Zion which she said are past, and the past scattering time period and the present gathering time period she mentioned?

Sister Lisa please come to where we discussing and answer there please why are you people going back to drive away where we are?

My Last words to you people are Thank YOU but God is not Mocked!

I have just read the GC quote. Where are those guys seeing 2520? I am seeing Ellen White making mention of the 2300 day prophecy a few times in that chapter. In fact, the 2300 day prophecy is the context of the prophetic period being discussed.

The 2300 day prophecy is the longest prophetic time period according to that statement in GC.

I have read it over and over but I just cannot see 2520

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by