Adventist Online

im new but not that new

im naive but not that naive

from the start i came into the AO chatroom i met the nicest people from all over and learned very quickly the people here are from all cultures

there was moments of sweet fellowship there and i look forward to more of the same

in a room where english is primarily the language there have been times when more than one person started speaking in different tongues

and someone has referred them to speak privately please between each other if not gonna talk english in main room

i thought that made alot of sense

it happened recently and i suggested for them to privately talk

thinking thats how the matter to be addressed so not to alienate the english speaking

i think it was taken i was out of line and knocking the language or culture

i can only speak for myself..

if its a foriegn language there i wont come in there

Did I hear wrongly on what to do?

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OH BTW!

when i was talking on a topic with someone and a third person didnt care for it anymore .. told me to stop

i took that as rude

and very kindly please  told her please dont be like that

then a fourth person dropped out of the blue to tell me i was wrong and i told him he was rude

pretending he was a peacemaker about it

actually using it to attack me

if folks are talking a topic and u dont like it u either ignore it or bring up  something else!

its not christian to LORD OVER OTHERS on what to talk about

an adult dont tell another adult what and when and the time duration of a topic

thats so rude

and using JESUS to be bossy

is evil!  anyhoo.. any thoughts?

HI MFG

I HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME A COUPLE OF TIMES TOO - YES IT IS RUDE FOR EXAMPLE YOU COULD BE TALKING TO A FRIEND ABOUT HOW THEY ARE DOING ETC - AND SOMEONE INSISTS WE MUST TALK RELIGIOUS THINGS AS ITS SDA SITE. WELL!! BEING AN SDA CHRISTIAN - MEANS OFCOURSE - GOD comes first!!! - but we show our love for others also by asking how they are doing, about their family, work, interests, etc...

HONESTLY!! DON'T BE SO STRICT HERE PEOPLE - AND TELL OTHERS WHAT THEY SHOULD OR SHOULDN'T TALK ABOUT! OFCOURSE, ITS DIFFERENT IF YOU ARE TELLING SOMEONE NOT TO USE BAD LANGUAGE OR TO STOP ABUSE TO OTHERS BUT PLEASE DO NOT TELL US WE CAN'T TALK ABOUAT THINGS IN GENERAL LIKE I MENTIONED ABOVE. I AGREE WITH MFG - STOP TELLING OTHERS WHAT TO TALK ABOUT!! '

thanks all! lets be kind to all! if we disagree or not like a topic - listen to MFJ's comment - ignore it or bring up something else. but don't tell them to stop talking about it - someone elses topic esp if you are the 3rd person etc...

LETS ME GOOD TO EVERYONE AND RESPECT ALL

TAKE CARE

AND HAVE A GOOD WEEK EVERYONE

IRENE :)

:)

to use an example if someone is going on and on about their classess at school

i never dreamed of telling that person to change the topic cause its boring

why do peeps think they can treat people like that?

when i say peeps i mean the whole room dont stand up when someone is  dismisses  others

by their silence they act like its ok

hi brother, you're so quite sensitive.  Be patient and understand some sequences sometimes.  We're in different cultures and different attitudes and different moods.  You should have to know that.  People in chatroom are kind.  they do it in their language its because no body talks and to catch some attentions of others to make the room jolly and alive any ways. Then if any one comes in then its the time to talk in english.  Hope you get me. Thanks brother for being understanding. I love you with the love of the Lord. Amen

:)

I feel the same sometimes. Sometimes topics are boring but you cant say it right on their faces ,Just go with the flow. Its much better in here, no swearing,and other obscene languages are to be heard or seen.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service