Adventist Online

http://www.adventistonline.com/forum/topics/mind-mapping-the-imagin...

@ Adventistonline.
I could have done better.
I apologise.
Wow, i broke so many rules in one post. It won't happen again.

@ Teresa. Sorry. I'll quote you next time.

@ Mark. Sorry for getting you into trouble.

@ All. I'm sorry if i was not sensitive to your feelings.
I really do love everyone. I mean it. We are all brothers in christ. We might spend eternity together!

Views: 302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, he had many things to apologize for.  He did and his apology is accepted without reservation.  We appreciate his recognition that rules were broken and his humble acceptance of our correction.  Thank you Paul.

The fact that he acted contrary to our Site Rules and Guidelines was determined by multiple moderators.  Our rules are put in place to assist our members in treating other sinners in a Christ-like manner.  We will continue to improve them as suggestions are made here.

You say he "spoke the truth" yet not once did he quote the position he was rebutting.  He only put his words in another members mouth and did not represent their position accurately.  This is against the rules and is not the truth.

Which of our rules do you disagree with?  Which of our basis quotes do you take issue with?  If none, then there should be no reason to promote behavior that is not Christ-like.

God bless!

"If a brother differs with you on some points of truth, do not stoop to ridicule, do not place him in a false light or misconstrue his words, making sport of them; do not misinterpret his words and wrest them of their true meaning.  This is not conscientious argument  Do not present him before others as a heretic, when you have not with him investigated his positions, taking the Scriptures text-by-text in the Spirit of Christ to show him what is truth.  You do not yourself really know the evidence he has for his faith, and you cannot clearly define your own position.  Take your Bible, and in a kindly spirit weigh every argument that he presents, and show him by the Scripture if he is in error.  When you do this without unkind feelings, you will do only that which is your duty and the duty of every minister of Christ."  (EGW to G.I. Butler, Letter 21, 1888 [October 14], The Ellen G. White 1888 Materials 1:98)

"With hearts melted in tenderness let the word of truth be spoken. Let all who are in error be treated with the gentleness of Christ. If those for whom you labor do not immediately grasp the truth, do not censure, do not criticize or condemn. Remember that you are to represent Christ in His meekness and gentleness and love. We must expect to meet unbelief and opposition. The truth has always had to meet these elements. But though you should meet the bitterest opposition, do not denounce your opponents. They may think, as did Paul, that they are doing God's service, and to such we must manifest patience, meekness, and long-suffering." {6T 120.1}

Paul, grace and peace.

I appreciate your humble attitude, it reflects Christ and brings honor and glory to God.

However, Christ was not backward in coming forward when it came to blatant sin. I fail to see where rules have been broken, as the statements you made were questions. Even if rules from this site were broken....

Isa 58:1  Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins. 

Act 5:29  Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. 

Blessings.

Scripture has been quoted selectively to justify the breaking of our rules.  The texts quoted do not instruct us to do anything that would be counter to our rules as is being implied.  Please see the basis quotes for our Site Rules and Guidelines to get a true picture of how God would have us treat other sinners.

Adventist Online, grace and peace.

While I make it my intention to uphold site rules and even more so to love and live at peace with every man, as instructed by God to do, I still fail to see where your site rules were broken by Brother Paul. The Scripture quoted was not selected to justify anything, in fact, to say so would be a breach of your own rules.

Now, while I understand and respect, that order must be kept, and therefore rules are in place for everyones benefit, they simply cannot be placed (in their individual interpretation, for I agree with the site rules in general) above the Word of God. The Word of God is very clear and is of no private interpretation. I cannot say the same for the site rules, for it would appear they only ever apply when it suits.

Measured by Gods Word, there are people who time and time again, knowingly and intentionally, cast down Gods Word, even after they have been lovingly and carefully brought to the Truth shown from Scripture and SOP. Then when even mention is made in the slightest incline, that they are in error, BANG, along comes the site rules.

God gave discernment, as a gift, to understand right from wrong, but its use is automatically labelled as being judgmental. I agreed with what Paul said about the Sister, because I discerned it as true.

SOP tells me that in order to rebuke a Brother or Sister, I must be willing to die for them, if need be. Now that is love. The Bible says "those that I love I rebuke and chasten". Also that if I see a Brother in error and tell him not, then from my hands will his blood be demanded. How are your site rules (that I still agree with) going to give me any truer picture of how God would have us treat other sinners, when they deny rebuke ??

But overtly, I still fail to see where Paul has broken your rules. I do not agree with your interpretation.

Respectfully.

Adventist Online, grace and peace.

May I correct myself.

Of course I can see where rules have been broken. I find it just overwhelmingly frustrating that it would appear that a select few are using the rules to hide behind. I do not think Paul was wrong in his judgment, but the site rules appear to be protecting errors, that they go un-rebuked. I do not believe that it is your intention to do so. I do not support Paul in his rule-breaking, but I do share and support his discerning.

Blessings.

I understand your frustration.  The site rules are not protecting error or falsehood in any way.  You are free to confront anything you see as falsehood.  Our rules protect members from being treated in a way that is not Christ-like.

Paul may have been right or wrong in his judgement.  But we do know he was completely wrong in the way he treated another member.  His treatment of another member went against scripture and SOP counsel for dealing with those who do not believe as we do.  They also broke our rules based on that scripture and SOP.

I seriously hope ALL members "hide behind" our rules as well as live by the rules.  That means that they would all be treating each other in a Christ-like way.  That is our goal.  Our rules are never placed above the word of God.  They are fully supported by Scripture and the Spirit of Prophecy.  Show us where you think our rules are not supported in this discussion thread specifically created to improve our rules:    http://www.adventistonline.com/forum/topics/forum-rules-and-guidelines

You said: "...Even if rules from this site were broken..."  If you are suggesting that this behavior is Christ-like behavior and it is your right to act this way, we could not disagree more.  This behavior is not tolerated here.  But don't worry, I'm sure you can find many sites where it is tolerated.  :-)  

God bless

Adventistonline.
I have spoken so well in times past of this site. I recommend it to students of the university. I have helped many people join in order to learn about current events. But its so sad when you send people to a well, and they come back with mud. Many people of value in church had to stop logging in to the site because they tell me they get corrupted by whats going on. I just wish that all of us can realise that all the words we have ever spoken, we'll have to give an account for. I hope when you created this site it was for the sole purpose of evangelism. And why that is not part of the rules not to be broken i wonder... We have lost many people of value here who were standing up for truth.
I believe we are all here to learn, we learn how to deal with each other. You say: "I'm sure you can find many sites where this is tolerated." this to me sounds like a threat! Please don't abuse power...

There is no abuse of power.  To suggest such is unseemly and uninformed.  Discipline for breaking long-standing rules is not abuse of power.  If you have an issue with any of the rules, we would love to hear from you.  As noted, we have an entire discussion set up for the improvement of our rules:  Link to that discussion   So please, help us improve our rules.  But do not suggest we are abusing power by helping members keep those rules.  All members have agreed to abide by those rules.

By pointing out there are other sites, we are merely acknowledging that some members cannot find it within themselves to treat others in a Christ-like manner and live within our rules.  We understand and still love them.  But Adventist Online is not the place for that behavior.  But they can still find a home.  There ARE other sites where such behavior is tolerated.  This is not one of them.

"We have lost many people of value here who were standing up for truth."

No where do we say you cannot rebut falsehood.  We want ALL falsehood rebutted completely!  We encourage that you do that.  So please continue to rebut falsehood every time you see it.  Just treat all other sinners with Christ-like love while you do so.

"its so sad when you send people to a well, and they come back with mud. Many people of value in church had to stop logging in to the site because they tell me they get corrupted by whats going on.

Are you talking about Adventist Online?  Because falsehood is CONSTANTLY rebutted here.  We know of no falsehood on AO that has been allowed to stand as "the truth".  Do you?  If people are "corrupted" by what is going on, then it is because of the poor treatment of others that they see here.  We HATE that too.  That's why our rules prohibit that behavior.  But it is not because they find falsehood here that has been allowed to stand.  That has never happened.  People are NOT finding "mud" theology here.  If they will not study for themselves and have a basis for their faith and only rely on the opinions of others... we pray for them to be able to stand for their beliefs and prove them from the Bible.  That requires study.  The study promoted by the discussions here have helped many (us included) have a clearer understanding of the basis of our faith.  This study helps us keep our tools sharp.  The defenses of our beliefs here are nothing compared to what we will have to defend to others in the future.  Let us all be prepared for that day.

God bless.

I'm really tempted to respond to this, but i'll keep quite...
I don't remember anyone asking for help. But thanks anyway.
Guys let us not complecate things, whenever some1 does somethng wrong to God, dt person by saying he is sorry, God always 4giv and 4get wit no saying or holding on what he have transgres, he syd sorry because he knows he is a sinner to God.to me i thnk it wil be wise if we do likewise.(4giv and 4get)

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service