Adventist Online

No Description

Views: 3135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what are you saying Leslie ?

@Leslie Ann

These verses are talking about eating meat with the blood in it, not kosher meat which has been drained of the blood... Don't get me wrong I am vegan due to my convictions, but I just don't see how you can apply these verses in context as a broad brush remark about all meat.. That being said I would have to agree with Eddie-Lee.. A man is judged by the light he has, not the light you or I have..

Mark you believe eating meat is sin ?

Mark

Amen my brother so to speak!!

Hello Mark,

You repeated what I said in a different way - maybe I wasn't clear enough. Sorry.

If there is no genuine conviction, God will judge on what we know, but if we know that meat eating is bad and continue to do so (rebellion) we will be judged.

Amen!   We also need to be reminded that it is not our job to "make them" where we think we are spiritually either.

@Sarah

No one here is trying to do that. Please quit making it personal, everyone is discussing their view points, because it is the purpose of this post.. Just because a person has a strong stance about their point does not mean they are forcing it on you, any more than you are forcing it on us, by being persistent on your point.

The fact that both sides of this discussion are so passionate is a good sign! It means that we all care about our brothers and sisters enough to keep going, no matter which position any given person may hold. God want's us to have passion behind our faith.

I am not making it "personal"....I'm a vegetarian so it definitely is not.  

@Sarah

Then why would you say something like that?

Ac 3:21
Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Gen 1:29-30
29 Then God said, "Look! I have given you every seed-bearing plant throughout the earth and all the fruit trees for your food. 30 And I have given every green plant as food for all the wild animals, the birds in the sky, and the small animals that scurry along the ground—everything that has life." And that is what happened.
Holy Bible, New Living 

The original diet was fruits, grains, and nuts, vegetables was not in the original diet.  Vegetables were for the animals, it is only after sin that vegetables was introduced 

Why are you eating vegetables ?

vegetables are given after sin

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com