Adventist Online

After participating in this blog for some time I have been in communication with SDA;s who seem to believe that Sunday Keeping Christians are currently lost. This is not the position of the current SDA church, but I was wondering what people think in this forum.

Traditionally, Adventists have taught there will be a time before the Second Advent in which the message of the Ten Commandments and in particular the keeping of the seventh day of the week, Saturday, as Sabbath will be conveyed to the whole world. Protestants and Catholics will unite to enforce legislation requiring the observance of Sunday worship. In reference to the creation of an Image to the Beast Revelation 13-17, Ellen G. White stated:

"When the leading churches of the United States, uniting on such points of doctrines as are held by them in common, shall influence the state to enforce their decrees and to sustain their institutions; then Protestant America will have formed an image of the Roman hierarchy, and the infliction of civil penalties upon dissenters will inevitably result." -Great Controversy p. 445

Since there is currently no Sunday Law, are Sunday keepers in our day lost?

Views: 844

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Today we had a wonderful message where the speaker classified two groups of adventists : seventh day adventists and seventh day adventist Christians... There's a verse in Matthew where Jesus says 'other sheep I have which are not of this fold' John 10:16 so in answer to your question no, unless they have had the truth of sabbath revealed and then rejected it but we are judged according to the light we have.

Today is Friday here. Is it Sabbath where you are?

Keith 

Cindy lives almost as a close as you can to the dateline and she is the first to celebrate Sabbath as opposed to you who live in California who are nearly the last to have the Sabbath. 

Cindy 

Yes that is quite right we can only live to the Light we have. And we will be judged accordingly, but woe to the one who has seen the truth and do not live up to it.  

Amen Lazarus so true

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by