Adventist Online

Can anyone tell me whether E.G White wrote about spending a Sabbath in the Orion when Jesus takes us to Heaven?

Views: 7923

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I will find where the reference is and give it to you.

But she says that "all must keep the Sabbath before they enter into Heavens gates". We will stop off on a planet and worship God before we enter into the city. Because there will be those saved who have never kept the Sabbath. It will be a seven day journey from earth to heaven, and on the seventh day, we will stop and rest and keep the Sabbath.

Any BIBLICAL references?

This is a question about what Ellen G. White says. But yes there is a Biblical reference.

*Revelation 8:1---"And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

...This "space of half an hour" in prophetic time (day=year principle) comes out to Seven Days. This is the opening of the "seventh seal" which means that Jesus has come to take His children home and it will be a SEVEN DAY JOURNEY.

*Isaiah 66:23---"And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD."

...So here we are told that we will worship before the Lord in heaven. And we know that the Lord's worship day is the seventh day sabbath. So if our journey to heaven is a seven day journey, it is Biblical that all who enter into heaven must keep ALL of God's commandments. The conclusion must be that the saved will keep Sabbath and worship God BEFORE entrance into the kingdom.

Ellen White agrees and she explains it further in Early Writings. I will find the statement and post it.

Your interpretation of Isaiah 66:23 , and using it along with Revelations 8:1 to support the idea that Christ will take us on a seven day journey and rest in the Orion for the sabbath seems quite odd,even if we ignore other verses from Revelations.  .

Isaiah 66:23 says all flesh will worship yet we know after Revelations 8:1 there are still people on earth,then in Isaiah 66:24 the very same people taken on the "7 day journey to orion and heaven" can see the corpses of men who were not His children..etc..

Isaiah 66:18-24

18 “For I know their works and their thoughts. It shall be that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come and see My glory.

19 I will set a sign among them; and those among them who escape I will send to the nations: to Tarshish and Pul[a] and Lud, who draw the bow, and Tubal and Javan, to the coastlands afar off who have not heard My fame nor seen My glory. And they shall declare My glory among the Gentiles.

20 Then they shall bring all your brethren for an offering to the LORD out of all nations, on horses and in chariots and in litters, on mules and on camels, to My holy mountain Jerusalem,” says the LORD, “as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.

21 And I will also take some of them for priests and Levites,” says the LORD.
22 “ For as the new heavens and the new earth
Which I will make shall remain before Me,” says the LORD,

“ So shall your descendants and your name remain.

23 And it shall come to pass
That from one New Moon to another,
And from one Sabbath to another,
All flesh shall come to worship before Me,” says the LORD.

24 “ And they shall go forth and look
Upon the corpses of the men
Who have transgressed against Me.
For their worm does not die,
And their fire is not quenched.
They shall be an abhorrence to all flesh

Here is the SOP quote about the seven day journey to heaven.

"We all entered the cloud together, and were seven days ascending to the sea of glass, when Jesus brought the crowns, and with His own right hand placed them on our heads." {Early Writings pg. 16}

Dear Brothers,

Thank you indeed for all your helps. I asked this because there is a confusion going here among the members about this.

There is confusion because there is no Biblical support.

Hi Barek,

The idea that the journey to the New Jerusalem will take 7 days has been taught in the SDA church for many years now, certainly as long as I have been a SDA.

Ellen White backs up what can be logically deduced from Rev.8. In brief, the censer being thrown down in verse 5 symbolises the close of access to heaven. The prayers of the saints no longer ascend (as symbolised by the censer being thrown down). The incense [Holy Spirit] is no longer mingling with (interpreting) the prayers of the saints. As verse 1 says, now there is silence in heaven. The reason for the silence is the fact that Jesus has now taken off the High Priests robes and put on the vestments of the King of Kings - he has departed the heavenly Sanctuary and is returning to earth with His retinue of angels.

This also corresponds with EGW's statement that everyone who enters heaven will be a sabbath-keeper. Those Sunday-keepers who died in Christ will have the opportunity to keep the Sabbath on the way to the New Jerusalem so that the redeemed will truly be those who keep [all 10 of] the commandments of God.

This also helps to understand the hows and whys of the 144,000 standing without an intercessor. They have to be sealed in Christ's righteousness because if they had sinned after Christ left the heavenly Sanctuary there would be no forgiveness for that sin and they would be lost.

I hope this helps. Personally, I found this aspect quite amazing and proves to me that the Bible never ceases to impress me as to the depth of information which is contained therein and the hidden gems that can be mined from this incredible book.

The quote from Early Writings, page 16, mentions of 7 days' ascending to the sea of glass, and when we read the journey of the redeemed, in a giant chariot, with wings and wheels of angels, (Great Controversy, chapter "God's People Delivered"), can easily take place within 7 days of 24 hours in our reckoning.  The circumstances surrounding the final hours of our planet mentions that it is the day designated by the Death Decree.  Within hours, those who are bent on killing and destroying the Sabbath keepers, will be stopped by a display of violent winds, clouds opening and closing, a brilliant star appearing in the sky, the words "IT IS DONE." is heard, then two hands appear in the sky to show the Ten Commandments being opened by two hands, in the sky, in full view of all those who have received the mark of the beast, and are suffering the effects of the seven plagues on them, urged by Satan appearing as Christ, (So much takes place), and finally the appearing of a cloud the size of a hand in the east, the Second Coming, followed by the resurrection of the redeemed from Adam to the end of the world, the resurrected saints ascending first into the giant chariot, to be followed by those living, who are all changed, that giant chariot will begin the journey mentioned in Early Writings.  All the multiple activities, and finally the start of the journey, start on a Sabbath day, followed by the seven days' journey to the sea of glass, there is no mention whatsoever of a stop over in between.  It all takes place from one Sabbath to the next Sabbath, thus no stopover is needed.  This is how I believe that journey will take place.  MAY WE ALL FIND OURSELVES IN THAT RIDE, whether alive at His coming, or among those resurrected.  MARANATHA!!!!.

Orion is a constellation...and not a planet, but It might be some suns...we know the different names. We are going to spend a sabbath on our way to heaven..but I won't say that the planet will be in the Orion...Orion is seen as the gateway to heaven..There can be planets before reaching the constalation Orion and after passing the Orion...I don't worry where..as long I'm in the group travelling home (for 7 days)..

CFM

nice one brother

On the website EGW Writings https://egwwritings.org/singleframe.php you can input search terms and search all of her published writings plus a few official biographies.  Searching for orion yields 13 hits, 12 from her writings and one from one of her biographies.  The vast majority of these are simply repetitions of a statement she makes in Early Writings, page 41, and which does NOT claim that we will spend a sabbath there. 

Dark, heavy clouds came up and clashed against each other. The atmosphere parted and rolled back; then we could look up through the open space in Orion, whence came the voice of God. The Holy City will come down through that open space. I saw that the powers of earth are now being shaken and that events come in order. War, and rumors of war, sword, famine, and pestilence are first to shake the powers of earth, then the voice of God will shake the sun, moon, and stars, and this earth also. I saw that the shaking of the powers in Europe is not, as some teach, the shaking of the powers of heaven, but it is the shaking of the angry nations.

She does make reference somewhere to spending the Sabbath of the week traveling to heaven with the inhabitants of some planet somewhere along the way.  I do not recall if that is also in Early Writings, in Great Controversy, or in one of the other places where she makes reference to this journey.  Her belief is that the journey will end in the Orion Nebula, and that the Journey will not begin or end on a Sabbath, so I have no idea why so many SDAs have chosen to believe this erroneous view other than simple refusal to study and verify anything they think they believe.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service