Adventist Online

Can anyone tell me whether E.G White wrote about spending a Sabbath in the Orion when Jesus takes us to Heaven?

Views: 7930

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brother Myron,

I'm of the same belief that the Sabbath was during the week of travel and not at the beginning or end, but I've never read those details in Ellen White's writings.  I'd sure like to!  Do you have any more specific ideas where I could find out more?

I believe that Jesus will take us to each of the 7 stars of Orion on the way to the sea of glass (the Nebula), and in so doing He will show us the wonderful lessons of character that can be found in the stars He created.  I think we will appreciate those lessons very much because we will have had to learn them here on earth to be able to share that journey with Him in the first place!

We will be studying the plan of salvation throughout eternity.

Thank you for this discussion!

Well my brothers have never heard of this message before...The Bible does not speak of A Sabbath on route to heaven, and well does EGW ?

From Gabriels journey to earth took  only 15 minutes or so, for Daniel in prayer, God could take us back to heaven as fast, but like the journey of Israel to promised land, He took His time....

The 144,000 are found with no guile, and will all keep Sabbath on earth many times before going with Jesus, even those in other folds will know this truth and practice it. its a global test...

Personally I love the daily coming of Jesus, and not worry about matters too high for me....

Ps 131:1 ¶ A Song of degrees of David.>> LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.
 2 Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child.

Shalom

Rob, you sound like you aren't even excited about leaving this planet!  If Jesus wants to teach us on our journey en route to heaven, then it makes sense that we would stop at each star for a day, making the journey 7 days instead of 15 minutes.  It's the scenic route!  It's our first trip through space!  Why rush!?  :)  "Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein." (Luke 18:17)

Really great to have a comment from your brother Robert...welcome to AO...yes I would love Jesus to give us a guided tour of His creation along the way....and yes there is no rush.....

I am content with Jesus in my heart each day....that is enough joy for me to contemplate right now....but I did catch your joy for the future as well...thanks for the post!!

May God bless your ministry, please add more posts....

Happy Sabbath

'Shalom

We all entered the cloud together, and were seven days ascending to the sea of glass, when Jesus brought the crowns, and with His own right hand placed them on our heads. He gave us harps of gold and palms of victory. Here on the sea of glass the 144,000 stood in a perfect square. Some of them had very bright crowns, others not so bright. Some crowns appeared heavy with stars, while others had but few. All wereperfectly satisfied with their crowns. And they were all clothed with a glorious white mantle from their shouldersto their feet. Angels were all about us as we marched over the sea of glass to the gate of the city. Jesus raised His mighty, glorious arm, laid hold of the pearly gate, swung it back on its glittering hinges, and said tous, “You have washed your robes in My blood, stood stiffly for My truth, enter in.” We all marched in and felt that we had a perfect right in the city. {EW 16.2}

Thanks brother Jason--I know that quote, but I'd sure like to know the ones that led brother Myron to say that the Sabbath won't be at the beginning or end of that journey!

You should read some of brother Myron's post.  He does not believe that Ellen White was a prophet or that SDAs are the remnant people. He thinks that God created the evil angels evil deliberately, and many other bizarre beliefs which he holds. 

Brother Robert I was re-reading your passage journey through the stars on the way to Orion....bouncing left and right...yes I see a connection here....

In the sanctuary were mirrors of gold, parallel, so light would bounce left and right down the walls of a passage similar to how you describe this journey.....

Could we simply be travelling into the heavenly sanctuary on our way to the holy of holies, where GOD reigns....the Bible does not tell us how big the outer parts of the heavenly sanctuary are...

Happy Sabbath'

Shalom

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com