Adventist Online

Are Adventists in danger of being deceived in exactly the same way as the Jews were deceived when Jesus came the first time?  They didn't recognise Him as Son of the living God.  They were masters at keeping the law, but did they really know who they worshipped?

Adventists are very good at Sabbath keeping, but the Sabbath is a sign, it's not the destination.   Do we really know who we worship?  Might we be in serious danger of receiving the mark of the beast while we concentrate on when we worship and not who?

Please watch the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUQgLKkaVVM

Views: 1106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ephesians Says that believers are SEALED. Ephesians 1: "4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:  5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,  6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.  7In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;  8Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;  9Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:  10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:  11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:  12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.  13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,  14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory." The holy spirit of promise is our seal, the earnest, which is a good faith down payment to that which will be accomplished. The word for earnest above is the Greek word arrabon, which is a down payment for that which is to come, to show good faith, holy spirit is the seal. II Corinthians 21-22, "         21Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;  22Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts."    

Yes James

We are sealed with the Holy Spirit, the which is the seal of God.

Leon

How do you know what spirit you follow?  Devil worshipers can speak in tongues and angels can appear as beings of light. Benny Hinn and Kenneth Copeland are sealed?  How can the Holy Spirit seal you if you are disobedient to the Holy Spirit? 

Praise The Lord Leon, someone here understands grace, and is not out to have God put everyone they don't think are worthy or done enough works into the lake of fire.

Bart, ask yourself the same question and more? How do you know what spirit you have? Are you really saved? How do you know? Why do almost all of you point to the counterfeit when I mention anything about the holy spirit, the manifestations of holy spirit, my testimonies, backed up with countless scriptures, Greek, Hebrew etc., and the hate and anger and the injustice I see here, and the discrimination and exclusion and looking down the nose at those that you think don't measure up.

Some of you people would not believe Jesus or Paul, nor Peter. You would say they were of the Devil. 

If in any way I speak the truth of God's Word, and speak by the spirit of God in any manner at any time, and you reject it because of your attitude and unwilling to listen and consider and reason, then you have rejected God's Word and agency.

judge not lest though be judged, in other words be careful, very careful how you judge.

Many people here only understand Law, they do not understand grace, love, redemption. The hard heartedness here is astounding at times.

James your utter self deception is astounding how can you know grace when you lie, brag about how God is blessing you. Do you know that God does not bless wrongdoers. The blessings you have is coming from someone other than God. 

I see you talking about judging and you do not see the whole post of yours here is full of judgement 

There is quite the discussion going on but as a convert I am very happy to see things as new and fresh. I think some of the trouble is that some get bored with the message and do not see how extraordinary it is because they did not get shaken in but are being shaken out.   Sabbath is quite obvious and the truth is progressive, one truth is dependent upon another.  One of the false teachings that is assumed or taught by some denominations is that Jesus has some advantage over sin from birth.  I have been struggling with my sister who is very ill and she takes every opportunity to rail on me for being a legalist and out of respect, I sit and listen to her, but when I was able to share with her Hebrews 4:15 

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin."   

She was quiet and very still and listened to every word and I was able to share why we must out of love, obey the laws of God because by example, Jesus suffered everything we have and did it with no advantage because the Bible clearly says he suffered all the problems of humanity but yet did not sin and by his example we can have victory and live a sanctified life.  Jesus is a true leader to lead by example.   Yes, the Sabbath is important because it teaches us to take the time to spend learning and being with Jesus but being progressive we must go much further.  Jesus is not coming back for a good people he is coming back for a Holy people.  So if that is true, we must be doing more than just keep the 7th day. We must crucify the "old man" and I think that this type of work towards a sanctified life is not what some would like to be taught.  

Hello Bart

You quote Ellen White by stating "I think some of the trouble is that some get bored with the message and do not see how extraordinary it is because they did not get shaken in but are being shaken out."

I would plainly like to state that the kingdom of God is not about weeding people out, but it is about bringing them in.

Leon

Sorry, but the God of heaven is not buying into the liberal theology of inclusiveness. If you read closer Jesus came to divide.   There are many texts in the Bible saying this.  God is a big enough God that he is about drawing each individual.  Not groups. What did God do with the people at the tower of Babel.  He divided them with language because he gave the direct command to go out into the whole world, not group together and make a name (self worship). I cannot help if you have been shaken out and "I think some of the trouble is that some get bored with the message and do not see how extraordinary it is because they did not get shaken in but are being shaken out"  my own words but the "shaking" teaching is both from the Bible and from Ellen White.  You know the sifting or winnowing wheat.  Jesus did not say he was going to gather the wheat and the chaff together to bring into the kingdom.  Maybe a closer study of the Bible would help you. You have an issue with Ellen White and also what the Bible teaches?

If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost."

And as he sat at dinner in Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were also sitting with Jesus and his disciples—for there were many who followed him. When the scribes of the Pharisees saw that he was eating with sinners and tax collectors, they said to his disciples, “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?” When Jesus heard this, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick; I have come to call not the righteous but sinners

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Bart, the shaking is unique to Ellen White. Making Ellen fit the bible, is not sound Christian practice. The weeds and the tares grow together, with Christ constant mercy at work. He does not need us to do his job.

Leon

the shaking is unique to Ellen White.

You must be a city boy. I watch the grain harvest off my front porch and it is not chaff they they harvest but the grain.  

Just Ellen White?

There are 68 Bible verses with the word Harvest.

There are 33 references to Chaff. 

There are 43 reference to Reap. 

There are 8 reference to Winnow. 

Isa 27:12

At that time, the LORD will winnow grain from the Euphrates River channel to the Wadi of Egypt, and you will be gathered in one by one, O people of Israel.

Isa 30:24
and oxen and donkeys that work the ground will eat seasoned fodder that workers will winnow with shovels and forks.

Jer 4:11
At that time it will be said to this people and to Jerusalem, "A searing wind [blows] from the barren heights in the wilderness on the way to My dear people. [It comes] not to winnow or to sift;

Jer 15:7
I'll winnow them with a winnowing fork in the gates of the land. I'll make them childless. I'll destroy my people, for they didn't change their ways.

Jer 51:2
I'll send foreigners to Babylon, and they'll winnow her, and devastate her land. They'll come against her from every side on the day of her disaster.

Matt 21:44
And whoever falls on this Stone will be broken to pieces, but he on whom It falls will be crushed to powder [and It will winnow him, scattering him like dust].

Luk 20:18
Everyone who falls on that Stone will be broken [in pieces]; but upon whomever It falls, It will crush him [winnow him and scatter him as dust].

Ellen White? Are you being dishonest or are you having trouble understand what these Bible scripture means?  Are these scriptures inclusive or exclusive.  Do you know how winnowing is done?  Whether by hand or by machine the grain is separated from the chaff and the weed seed from the wheat.  Every harvest I am reminded of Jesus not Ellen White.  

Those references are for God's end time judgement, not the Adventist internal shaking.You are stretching to make the verse fit EG White.

It is kind of funny how you have switched gears. First you say the shaking is unique to Ellen White and now you admit that it is for God's end time judgement in your belief.  You sound kind of mixed up.   So what you are saying is the Holy Spirit does not work in peoples lives (shake them up so to speak) to bring them out of error, or that people do not reject God, the truth or the prompting of the Holy Spirit and are thus shaken out?  Seems like a common occurrence, like an everyday thing.  Events happen that draw people closer to Jesus or they choose not to follow.  So you reject the parable Christ gives about the sower and the seed in Mathew 13?  I know that country and farm parables are difficult for an intellectual city person as yourself, but it seems easy enough to understand for hillbilly like me. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service