Adventist Online

I am wondering if we are not suppose to put on wedding rings since it is part of Jewelry? 

Views: 8105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't.. My only contention was that you claimed nothing says we shouldn't...

I was just contending that it was not entirely accurate.

Bryan

The Bible speaks against wearing rings, period. You come along and  add your own personal qualifying statements  just like homosexuals do.

You simply reject the Bible and the SOP both.  [Struck by admin as breaking our Site Rules & Guidelines.]

Compare to 1 Corinthians 10:32, " Do not cause anyone to stumble,whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— 33 even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved."

So, in a society where there is an obvious relationship, where there are children, and it is common to cohabit without the benefit of marriage, does not then, the absence of one put forward that you are indeed part of the world that lives in a sinful relationship.  And by presenting the impression of sin, do you not bring shame to the Church, while giving the impression of sin, and then attempting to advocate the faith to others?

This is why Mrs. White said it SHOULD be worn in Europe, as it was assumed that this type of sinful relationship was happening in the absence of a ring.

Now, that perception exists here.  In much the same way the bicycle has been  transmogrified to the Escalade, Mercedes, Porsche, Dodge Viper, Lambrogini? 

Bryan,

A ring is jewelry and adorn means "to make (someone or something) more attractive by adding something beautiful".

Are you not wanting to take off your ring?  I hope you are not seeking to take what you do and try and find support in God's Word.

Bryan,

Did you miss this post of Jason?

“I will therefore ... that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; but (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.” Here the Lord, through His apostle, speaks expressly against the wearing of gold. Let those who have had experience see to it that they do not lead others astray on this point by their example. That ring encircling your finger may be very plain, but it is useless, and the wearing of it has a wrong influence upon others. {4T 630.1}

Definition of adorn is

adorn

transitive verb \ə-ˈdrn\

: to make (someone or something) more attractive by adding something beautiful

Wearing anything Gold or another material including rings no matter how simple as SOP clarifies is not acceptable.

Definition of adorn is

adorn

transitive verb \ə-ˈdrn\

: to make (someone or something) more attractive by adding something beautiful

Wearing anything Gold or another material including rings no matter how simple as SOP clarifies is not acceptable.

Julie,

You honestly think everyone who wears a ring does so to adorn themselves as you have shown it is defined?  Please don't judge others based on the reason you would wear jewelry.  Your reason is not someone else's.  To subject everyone to the negative/evil thoughts in your heart without knowledge or proof leads to wrongful judgement.  And I can honestly tell you I do not wear my ring to adorn myself.

If you and your spouse agreed to it, yes.  If you both agreed not to, no.  I don't recall any mandate from God that would say otherwise.

Therefore, I want men to pray everywhere by lifting up hands that are holy, without anger or argument. In the same way, I want women to enhance their appearance with clothing that is modest and sensible, not with elaborate hairstyles, gold, pearls, or expensive clothes. 10 They should make themselves attractive by doing good, which is appropriate for women who claim to honor God.

why do we not  follow the first part? its our culture or what is convenient -

its interesting what is ignored by peeps that run to the other parts

hmmmm...

and you notice that the admonition is more about the ladies character - the inside! not to dwell on the outside

its interesting to note that the people emphasizing the outside and not the inside in these threads

its all about the inside of the cup -not the outside to GOD

its all about the outside of the cup not the inside to many people in church

hmmmmm....

1 Peter 3:3 even more so emphasizes that

After all, they will have observed the reverent and holy manner of your lives. Don’t try to make yourselves beautiful on the outside, with stylish hair or by wearing gold jewelry or fine clothes. Instead, make yourselves beautiful on the inside, in your hearts, with the enduring quality of a gentle, peaceful spirit. This type of beauty is very precious in God’s eyes.

the focus is on the inside and ofcourse will show itself on the outside

but nec the way you think :)

God bless you all!

I strongly believe that all married Women should wear wedding rings.Two reason for my answers are:

1. It shows that you are off the single market

2. A wedding ring symbolizes a never ending love between spouses 

If a married woman does not wear a wedding ring , persons may regard the person as being unmarried.

A wedding ring serves as a warning "HEY BACK OFF, I'M ALREADY TAKEN"  .

You said you 'strongly believe...' Are you basing your belief or opinion on the Word of God or are you going to believe or place your own opinion above the word of God?  

what does the word of the Lord said? 

Jason M. !

hi GOD BLESS YOU!

if you would look up i shared THE WORD

the WORD is clear

the interpretation is different  for each of us as we are convicted the weight of evidence presented

ipresented some weight

u presented your weight

but it always comes down to the HOLY SPIRIT and speaking in our own lives

esp. when it comes to something so personal on what we wear

GOD bless you!

if you were a pretty girl and always being hit on you might appreciate Stephanie Nash thoughts

The marriage bed is Sacred and this is one of many ways to keep it so!

i am sure you can appreciate that

THE WORD STANDS

...........................................................................................................................................................

Delete

Therefore, I want men to pray everywhere by lifting up hands that are holy, without anger or argument. In the same way, I want women to enhance their appearance with clothing that is modest and sensible, not with elaborate hairstyles, gold, pearls, or expensive clothes. 10 They should make themselves attractive by doing good, which is appropriate for women who claim to honor God.

why do we not  follow the first part? its our culture or what is convenient -

its interesting what is ignored by peeps that run to the other parts

hmmmm...

and you notice that the admonition is more about the ladies character - the inside! not to dwell on the outside

its interesting to note that the people emphasizing the outside and not the inside in these threads

its all about the inside of the cup -not the outside to GOD

its all about the outside of the cup not the inside to many people in church

hmmmmm....

1 Peter 3:3 even more so emphasizes that

After all, they will have observed the reverent and holy manner of your lives. Don’t try to make yourselves beautiful on the outside, with stylish hair or by wearing gold jewelry or fine clothes. Instead, make yourselves beautiful on the inside, in your hearts, with the enduring quality of a gentle, peaceful spirit. This type of beauty is very precious in God’s eyes.

the focus is on the inside and ofcourse will show itself on the outside

but nec the way you think :)

God bless you all!

I strongly believe that all married Women should wear wedding rings.Two reason for my answers are:

1. It shows that you are off the single market

2. A wedding ring symbolizes a never ending love between spouses 

If a married woman does not wear a wedding ring , persons may regard the person as being unmarried.

A wedding ring serves as a warning "HEY BACK OFF, I'M ALREADY TAKEN"  .

You said you 'strongly believe...' Are you basing your belief or opinion on the Word of God or are you going to believe or place your own opinion above the word of God?  

what does the word of the say? 

LOL what kind of holy spirit is this; this holy spirit tells me don't wear jewelry and this same holy spirit tells you it's OK to wear jewelry ? The Holy Spirit Never contradicts the Word of God (bible). The HS is not confused like many of us. The Holy Spirit is consistent. The HS is a person...  

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service