Adventist Online

I am wondering if we are not suppose to put on wedding rings since it is part of Jewelry? 

Views: 8105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is so cool that you were a grifter Daughter, I'm jealous.

Nothing cool about it.. I'm not proud of what I did.. I took advantage of weak minded men.. 

@Admin

Seriously? It's pretty clear here that I was only saying he was not aware of those laws.. Frankly almost no one is aware of those laws..

Though to be fair I was in a hurry and spell check went with being instead of been.

That's what he word ignorant means.. 

ig·no·rant

[ig-ner-uhnt]  Show IPA
adjective
1.lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2.lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject orfact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3.uninformed; unaware.
4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorantstatement.
Are we not permitted to state that a person does not know something?
This is the kind of thing that has me removing my profile and leaving this site in a few weeks.. Things that are relatively innocent are punished, while clear issues of abuse go completely addressed..

Daughter of God,

We wish you would choose to stay among us.  Many are blessed by your words.  But you must do what is best for yourself.

We wish nothing more than to see you in the Kingdom.

That said, this post is off topic and against our Site Rules & Guidelines.  

11. Listen to, and cooperate with, moderators. Challenging the decisions/actions/inaction of moderator/s in the open forum is not acceptable behavior.  Use the "Report an Issue" link located at the bottom of every page to address issues.

We have been in communication with you privately many times.  We have talked with you about the behavior of others as well as your own behavior.  As you know, we have stated that each person is responsible for their own behavior.  Each person is responsible to keep their own behavior within our rules no matter how others around them act.  We will not be able to point to the sins of others on the judgment day as a justification for our own sin.  So it is on Adventist Online.  No member can point to the poor behavior of other members as an excuse for their own poor behavior.

We have counseled you and others on their behavior, removed egregious posts, and struck out posts where that strike-through could be a learning experience for others.

Your definition for "ignorant" is correct.  But calling someone ignorant can also be an affront.  We thought your post slipped into that territory as a personal attack.  If that was not your intent, we apologize.  The words written appear to be a negative attack.

Are we not permitted to state that a person does not know something?

Yes, you can delicately state that.  But do so while following our first rule:  Be loving.  Remember that we only know the outward appearance.  Only God knows the heart.  You must be sure that you statement is not a negative personal judgment.  Claiming one knows the heart (or depth of their knowledge) is often disturbing to the person being judged... usually because that claim is wrong because as humans we cannot know the heart as God does.

You had just said to this same member "Honestly there are times your hatred and ignorance astound me."  We did not feel that your pointing out his lack of knowledge was being done with the visible love of Christ in your words.

This is the kind of thing that has me removing my profile and leaving this site in a few weeks.. Things that are relatively innocent are punished, while clear issues of abuse go completely addressed.

We address all instances where we see abuse of our rules or reports are made of others abusing our rules.  All members are counseled about their behavior when we see the rules broken.  We do this privately (as you know).  Just because our counsel of other members happens in private, does not mean the issues are not addressed.  They are.  Just because we do not take your prescribed action does not indicate that nothing happened.

God bless,

Adventist Online

@AO

I do not have an issue with these matters being handled privately, but the fact is you no longer give assurance that the issue will be handled, but rather point the finger back and state that you see no cause for action.

While I am glad to see you are stepping up your game again in regard to dealing with issues on this site, it was sadly not until a few including my self publicly called you on it. Asking that you go back to the way things once were here when you still paid attention.

Your assertions here are false and inappropriate for this public discussion.  We will continue this discussion in private.

God bless

Back on topic, would a ring prove that they were married ?

Should you not wear and give the impression of sin?

No one gets the impression of sin, especially since most of the world (with apparently the acceptation of many in this church) knows SDA's don't wear jewelry..

I don't think that is a valid argument as most people confuse us with Mormons and Jehova Witnesses, I really don't think that works.

Somewhat valid point.. This is why most of us take a few safe guards..

Take me and my husband for example..

1.) We don't believe in public displays of affection, so no one has anything to look at in the first place.

2.) No one assumes when they see a man or woman with their kids and no rings, that they are living in sin, because there are a great deal of widows, widowers in this world.. 

When there are no displays of public affection and no ring the worst most assume is that you are your kids aunt or uncle. Or that your spouse is a relative.. Simply put, people are not quick to sinful assumptions as you believe..

Though if one is doing things in public with their spouse that by any Christian standard aught to be reserved for private moments, I can see where that may happen.

Well, I put my faith in the Bible, not someones opinion. This is not something that came in a vision, it's just an opinion. The reason we wear gold is because other metals can harm you, gold doesn't. But like I said, you can also use stainless steel, or there is also silver.

The Bible does NOT say anything about wedding rings but it's clear about jewelry, "do not adorn yourself in jewelry", so, if your not adorning yourself in jewelry, you're not doing wrong.

Then, from what you quoted, "Not one penny should be spent for a circlet of gold to testify that we are married". What about people like me whose parents handed down a ring that was their grandmothers and she got it from her grand parents? Non one penny was spent? 

If you think it's wrong, then don't wear it but do NOT judge someone else, that's Gods job.

This is not a salvation issue, it's just legalistic or self righteous people that have a problem with it.

I see the biggest problem here is too many people don't put the Bible first!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service