Adventist Online

I am wondering if we are not suppose to put on wedding rings since it is part of Jewelry? 

Views: 8134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes your opinion is noted, but shouldn't we follow the bible ? 

The Bible doesn't specifically address the topic of wedding rings because it wasn't part of the culture at that time.  It addresses the topic of adornment or jewelry, but something with a purely functional use shouldn't be confused with adornment.  Watches would not be classified as adornment or jewelry for the same reason- although they can be quite adorned, etc. depending on what type you wear.  (So again, it's the principle of the matter that we need to preserve- not just whether it's a watch or not).  

As someone mentioned, you could wear a different type of metal or even a stainless steal one if you feel that gold is too much like jewelry.   But that seems like splitting hairs to me- unless people would also avoid wearing a gold-colored watch.  But in the case of the wedding ring, gold does seem to most represent love, and is non-toxic.  It isn't expensive if the ring is very simple.

God made men to be with women, Adam was attracted to Eve when she was taken out of his rib. God designed us to be like that. 

1 Corinthians 10:32, " Do not cause anyone to stumble,whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— 33 even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.:

In current society the absence of a ring as Shannon points out, could certainly cause someone to unintentionally stumble. 

I agree Julie

No, I do not want to be approached by men Colporteur.  It probably sounds quaint nowadays but even though separated I am still married.  No dating when married.

Amen, God bless you for those pure values :)

Shannon,

There is only one reason for divorce and remarriage.  There must have been adultery and only the innocent party can be remarried.

I hope you realize this in your situation.

I'm sorry things aren't working out for you and your husband, Shannon.  May the Lord comfort you in this difficult time!

Thank you Vicki, are you married?

No.  I decided to become a missionary instead of getting married.  It's something people are mostly surprised to hear, but it's a perfectly legitimate Christian choice (see 1 Corinthians 7:35).   I've never been so happy and free in my life as since I gave up on dating and dedicated my purposes entirely to serving the Lord and preparing for His soon return. 

I hope you can find true peace and joy in the Lord- which is something men are incapable of providing for us (story of Samaritan woman with Jesus).  Even those who are married would be so much happier if they could understand that, I believe!

What if God clearly shows that he wants you to get married, would you listen to his word?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service