Adventist Online

I am wondering if we are not suppose to put on wedding rings since it is part of Jewelry? 

Views: 8129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's by His leading that I made the decision to remain single.  It's a long story-but that was nearly a decade ago when I was in my early 30's- so I gave the prime of my years to the Lord, not just the leftovers. 

It has been a wonderful journey, and every day is more blessed than the day before :).  I am filled with joy every day, and the world is a wonderful place of unending spiritual discoveries and ministry opportunities.  At the same time I fully believe in marriage and support it with all my heart.  It's just that for me, God is my Husband and the world is filled with my children.

Vicki...I used to have a similar mentality. I was mission oriented, I was in a point in my life that I did not care for having a girlfriend or marriage for me was a waste of time.

i had several girlfriends since 2012 until this moment after my first girlfriend cheated on me. During that time, I've learned about obedience as well so we both can agree on that. Despite that i'm homeless right now, I've decided to find love again.  I am a hardworking person, I do not ask for handouts, and etc. So why should I be afraid or being paranoid of falling in love with someone because of my struggle. Since I am a man, i'm putting my effort so I can accomplish my goal. A lot of people especially in this website knows me very well so they can back me up. So i'm going to spend time with women but most importantly putting my trust in God first and foremost.

Now obedience...God is in control of my life, he is the one who decides whom I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. If he does not want me to, then i'll accept..IF God sends the right one in my path, I will not shun away anyone.

Vicki, its awesome that you are in fire for God but when a man looks at you or he wants to open dialog with you. Don't turn him away. I've met people like you and I've made some terrible mistakes by turning away girls which I regret to this very day. Later in life, don't go to God and say why am I alone because he is simply going to tell you, you had an opportunity. I've sent him and you rejected him. Keep that in mind.

Thanks, Gabriel, but your experience is different than mine. God bless you.

Your experience may be different from mine and you don't have to share with me but let me ask you this. Do you value obedience to God?

That is really inspiring Vicki, I've thought of going on a mission trip for a year or two.  One of my best friends teaches history at a Christian school in Tanzania.

Oh, that sounds nice.  It can be life-changing and such a rewarding experience to reach across cultural barriers and touch people's lives.  There are many hardships too- but to me that's all part of the adventure of serving the Lord, and God uses these kinds of things to teach us and lead us into a deeper relationship with Him.

Heisenberg, I'm doing my best to control my sexual desires so this verse DEF 

applies for me.

1 Corinthians 7:8-11, "Now to the unmarried[a] and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Shannon, Vicki, scripture supports both your positions:

1 Corinthians 7:8-11, "Now to the unmarried[a] and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife."

You are both virtuous women. :)

Thanks, Heinsenberg, that's interesting how you pointed out that both of those scriptures are right there.

I believe that this verse (10) is the best advice in cases of divorce, along with what Jesus said about adultery being the only true reason for divorce. 

Happy Sabbath to each one.

We now see that Daniel, in order to justify his wife's diamond ring has now presented texts that, as he would have us believe also advocate nose rings and bracelets. and we wonder why our churches are filled with Jezebel adornments.

Throwing the bike  thing in to try and excuse jewelry is a desperate last ditch effort at excusing sin.

It is he who presumes and ignores both Scripture and the SOP regarding this issue as he does with a host of other subjects. He is angry and he views things much like the world because of a lack of conversion.

[  Admin note:  This post is outside of appropriate behavior on Adventist Online.  It breaks many of our Site Rules & Guidelines.  After unheeded private counsel, member "Colporteur" has been restricted from posting until his behavior can be more representative of Christ.  We urge all to read the basis quotes for our site rules and meditate on them.  These passages from Scripture and Ellen White will positively change how you treat others.  May God bless us sinners as we deal with other sinners.  May HIS character be reflected in us at all times.  ]

I'm wondering how we feel that making such personally accusatory statements can be justified among the brethren?  Even if these statements are true they don't seem to be said with Christian grace or redemptive efforts.  I'm not saying just you- it seems some things from both sides have been of this character. 

Is there a way that we can discuss a matter and focus on the topic at hand instead of getting into a brawl like any common forum you may stumble across on the internet?  Can we understand differences among the brethren while still following the golden rule of loving one another as Christ loved us?  We may be theologically correct in every way- but if we don't have a spirit of love how can we meet with God's approval- when He said "he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?"

Say for example- if your comments are true, Colporteur, is this the best way to deal with someone who may be struggling with such issues?  Does the fact that he made strong statements to you justify your doing the same?

May God bless you.

The question I would ask is how many times may he call someone a hypocrite for owning a bicycle before  being removed from a forum and how many disgusting videos about gutting a deer and blacks climbing out of a basket, etc..etc., and thrusts against the Testimony of Jesus, and disgusting videos of people smoking pot etc. etc.. must be allowed ? There is a world of difference sister between someone struggling in their private life opposed to their campaigning and manipulating on a public forum potentially misleading new members. This is not just about struggling it is about evangelizing people out of the message. He has told young men that it is ok to have sex before marriage as long as it stops short of copulation. Every thrust he makes on every topic is downward save one topic.  [Struck by admin as breaking our Site Rules & Guidelines.]

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service