Adventist Online

As a Seventh-Day Adventist, what comes to mind when you hear the term 'Here We Stand'?

i believe that it means that as Adventist we all have the same purpose i.e. to take an active part in the work of the ADY Society and to finish the work of the Gospel, we have a responsibilty and that is to win souls; so we sit no more. Unity is strength and as we stand together in one accord the work will be done.

What are your views?

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Never heard of this term. Where did you hear it?

Sounds like some conservative dogma that is pushed on people.

But then ... I've never heard of this thank God.

" Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light." Matt. 11:28-30

This should be our message. We should not be a burden on others. His burden is light. We find rest In Him.

"Here we stand" implies that you are not reaching out to others and expect them to come to you so you can impose where YOU stand. That would be a burden instead of a blessing. Inspire ... yes. Impose .... no.
Doug Batchelor's Revival series that you can watch for free on www.AmazingFacts.org In my opinion its the best one hes done so far.
I'm sorry. What was the point you were making?
read it over again take your time this time
Sorry ... but what I read is not what you are going to read. And I have NO idea what you might glean from it. So, if you don't give commentary ... it is worthless. This is a forum for voicing opinion. I would invite you to give yours.
u r so difficult the question ask as a Seventh day adventist when u hear the term HERE WE STAND what cums to mind? my question to u is are u and Adventist?
I am not the subject of this thread and thus that question has not validity to this discussion. Now ... I would love to hear your opinions on this subject though.
It appears that whatever this jargon may mean in 'Bim' is not sufficiently universal to capture a meaningful response. In all fairness to you, a proper personal opinion was already submitted in your preamble, so that asking for one now is absolutely unnecessary.
As an aspiring attorney, I expected you to be a bit more engaging of your counterparts in this forum. Next time around, try to frame the question in such a way that you leave no uncertainty as to your meaning and, therefore, capture a much richer response, both qualitatively and quantitatively. this will go very long way in avoiding the unnecessary bantering tha you experienced this time around.
BLESSINGS
two things
what 1st comes to behind that amazing facts collection series

the other is a people who not compromise truth who will sound the true gospel message and uplift Jesus to the world. Indiviually not to give up the faith but to stand tall on the truth of God's Word.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service