Adventist Online

OK, LETS HAVE IT.  WHO IS YOUR TEAM AND WHO DO YOU THINK WILL MAKE IT TO THE WORLD SERIES?   OF COURSE I PICK THE CUBS, AGAINST.......... THE REDSOX.

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep, and it won't matter what you look like or the earthly titles people give you.  When the spirit takes over it will be evident all those who believe are one.

But the manifestations are available because the person is born again assuming we are talking about the genuine. The manifestations are not gifts, the gift is Holy Spirit given by faith in the Messiah, not by works. Keeping any laws do not save you.

Salvation by grace, rewards by works God recognizes (not dead works). This is a very fair system.

Not sure where/why manifestations came into this thread. I honestly wasn't trying to be that deep or critical.  However, IMO God's grace is there for all those who seek it.  Sadly, there are some that don't and flat out choose to reject it.  God will judge accordingly.

My pervious posting here; 

"Not all members of a church or churchgoers are necessarily saved. It is good God is in charge of judgment as far as salvation is concerned. Some motorcycle rider of a motorcycle club may be or get born again? Operating even all nine manifestations of Holy Spirit etc. does not get salvation."

I wanted to dispell misunderstanding of the above regarding the manifestations, which are important but they are impossible without being born again first. But to clarify they do not bring salvation, rather salvation offers the possibility of manifesting the spirit in all nine manifestations.

Unlike some of the believers here, you rightfully state;

"However, IMO God's grace is there for all those who seek it.  Sadly, there are some that don't and flat out choose to reject it.  God will judge accordingly."

Excellent Rabbittroup!

The divisions and animosity between Christians due to lack of understanding of the one body of Christ is a terrible failure to apply this great truth as revealed to Paul by God (another sacred secret). 

To compare it to Baseball; it is like people really on one team, The Saints, but they fight each other and there is no unity of purpose and the team is divided up into different factions, with different ideas on what is important in the game. One faction believes that catching balls and throwing is the most important thing. Others believe that batting is all that is important, while a third faction only believes in pitching. Each faction neglects the other aspects other than what they feel is important.

The truth is all these aspects are important, including other things such as running and sliding into the base or home plate. The rules of the game are not understood completely either by any of the factions. Of course, these problems mean that the team is fighting and interfering and not cooperating and are therefore less effective in defeating the other team, called the Devil's Team. There is also little love of their fellow team-mates other than a few exceptions here and there.

This is how the body of Christ is for the most part, unfortunately.

I think we should remain on point: stay away from the sacred secrets and the nine manifestations and the gift ...

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service