Adventist Online

OK, LETS HAVE IT.  WHO IS YOUR TEAM AND WHO DO YOU THINK WILL MAKE IT TO THE WORLD SERIES?   OF COURSE I PICK THE CUBS, AGAINST.......... THE REDSOX.

Views: 215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Adventist site 

AND??? MANY OF US SDA ARE ALSO HUMAN AND ENJOY SPORTS AND SUCH.

ok

Yes but many of the games are about whose best?  and We already know who is the best- Jesus Christ and whose team is the best every righteous person that has ever lived tens of thousands.  God owns all of us and we must be faithful with every last little bit of what we have been given.  Lord doesn't give us too much!!

Friend, friends and beloveds.

STILL......... GO CUBS AND WIN IT ALL!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdzJdI7vYDI

Time is short Rick, Jesus is about to come.  Its time to turn away from those things.  I used to love sports a lot.   

I think there is too much attention given to sports, but I don't think you have a right to judge someone like that and tell them what they have to do such as turn away from sports. Sports in moderation is not evil in and of itself per se.

This is religious ideas again. Women can't wear any jewelry, drinking any alcohol is supposedly a sin etc. etc. If you don't want to view sports and turn away, that's your business with God, but don't tell others not to watch it, that's their business and doesn't hurt you. People need to mind their own business and walk with God the way they see fit as long as they are not hurting anyone else or affecting others rights. Of course, you have a right under the First Amendment to speak your mind, but where is your authority to say such things from scriptures?

There is liberty in Christ, not bondage. There is a lot of spirits of bondage in the SDA as well as other churches galore. God showed me that. The people were saved, but a lot of religiousness and bondage, without understanding Galatians, Romans etc. People try to please God in ways that are not necessarily best or required or approved by God, but that is religion (French, from religare; to bind back in a bad sense, like someone with their hands tied behind their back). Some people think all of a certain type of music is of the Devil, such as Rock and Roll. Yes, some of it is of the Devil, but not all.

Religious people here or elsewhere could look at your life and maybe find something you enjoy and say the same thing, or what you enjoy to eat, the music you like, or the clothes you wear, or the color of the house you live in, or the type of car or even if you drive a car (such as the Amish), or how long you wear your hair, or how you comb your hair.

That's crazy religion, and where do you draw the line? Its time people believe God themselves and stop looking overly at other people and look to how they are walking with God? Most people have enough just to deal with their own walk and problems.

Frankly, I am sick of the overt religiosity of some people here. It does not impress God I think. I talk privately with some SDA who don't like the judgments about jewelry and the ostracism around such things that are not important or out of bounds.

When Paul wrote about jewelry, he was referring to the overly dressed women who dressed and wore their hair etc. like prostitutes, who wore excessive jewelry and colored their hair with gold, which signified harlots in that culture, which of course was not good and gave a bad impression etc. Some woman dress too revealingly in our culture. Moderation and common sense should prevail.

It was a miracle when the Cubs won the World Series way back when, as they were always at the bottom in those days.

HERE HERE.  YES.  IT IS GOOD TO ENJOY THE LIBERTY OF GOD'S GRACE.  I DONT THINK HE WILL TURN AWAY ANYONE WHO DECIDES TO LIVE WITH THE HEAVY BURDEN OF THE PRE CROSS YOLK, BUT IT'S NICE TO KNOW GOD JUDGES THE HEART.   BUT TO ENJOY A SPORT OR WATCH IS AS THE LAWYERS SAY, "IMMATERIAL".  

IN 20 YEARS MY DEAR SDA WILL HAVE 50 FUNDAMENTAL BELIEFS.  THAT IS SERIOUS BECAUSE MAN IS EVER WANTING TO DOMINATE OVER MAN, AND USING FAITH IS REALLY NASTY IF YOU TRY TO MANIPULATE OTHERS.

Rick: I respectfully think you are grossly underestimating the figure of 50 fundamental beliefs, it would probably be closer to 600 at least with subdivisions and Talmudic-like commentaries. To see if you are breaking or not breaking any law or commandment, there will be approximately 50 volumes of Disciplinary Committee (see below) Commentaries and recommendations and advisories. Yamaka's are optional though recommended.

If any of the rules are broken, you will be reported to the "Morals And Dogma Disciplinary Committee of 300 Right Reverend Honorable Elder Bishop Senior Advisorers of the Great Magnificent And Ever Holy Seventh Day Adventist And Ellen G. White Memorial Most Eloquent and Supreme Remnant Investigatory Judgment Church. Also known as the M&DDC300RRHEBSAGM&EHSDA&EGWMME&SRIJC.

Don't get mad, this is humor!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by