Adventist Online

Biblical Research Institute - Major errors in their Lunar Sabbath study!

The Biblical Research Institute of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists has published a document called "Weekly Sabbath or Lunar Sabbath: Are Adventists Keeping the Wrong Sabbath?" *1.

This document has been used in local churches including my own by Pastors, Elders, Deacons, etc. to answer questions relating to Lunar Sabbath. However; this document is laden with issues and contains 3 major mistakes where they are just outright wrong in its statements. The document is basically a hit-piece with no attempt at seeking the truth.

All this document does is cause division within the church. Members of the church with questions on Lunar Sabbath would either believe the churches position on the Sabbath based on erroneous information; therefore being unable to properly reproof other members with the truth or they will go around in circles arguing (as the document doesn't prove anything); and therefore likely causing the member to leave the church.

I published my own thesis a year ago (recently updated) on the Lunar Sabbath called "Lunar Sabbath Exposed" *2 which definitely disproves twice; the Lunar Sabbath false teaching based on solid harmonized easy-to-follow scripture.

I also published a document back in August last year which outlines the 11 issues in their publication called "Major faults with Biblical Research Institute study on Lunar Sabbath" *3.  I have also tried to contact the Biblical Research Institute by email, phone and contacted the author direct on Facebook to no avail.

It is a discredit to the church to defend its position on the Sabbath using this document and I want to petition for its removal in favor of real research. If you can help with this task please do so.

Thank you,

Paul

References:
*1 Weekly Sabbath or Lunar Sabbath: Are Adventists Keeping the Wrong S...

*2 The Lunar Sabbath Exposed

*3 Major faults with Biblical Research Institute study on Lunar Sabbath

                                                                                                                                                                                      

On August 9, 2015 I retract "The Lunar Sabbath Exposed" publication because upon the discovery of a mountain of new evidence; it concludes the seventh-day Sabbath is (a lunar Sabbath) on the seventh-day of the lunar week.


All my latest research has been condensed into this pamphlet:
Pamphlet – The Lunar Sabbath


Here is an illustration of some of the evidence found:

Views: 5097

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

James If I am going to hell I am assured you will be in heaven with all your happy clapper friends clearly I do not want to have any part with that kind of people anyway.

When you need to check in your brain at the entrance of such a gathering I do not think that is what I want to do.

I have spoken boldly about him publically, yet no one attempts to help him, and often his behavior is not corrected and sometimes is even supported, such as by JasonM who also falsely accused me of mental illness without foundation, neither of these individuals being qualified either as psychiatrists, psychologists, or as able ministers of the Gospel even.

You speak lies like your father the Devil, the one who needs help is you. 

James said: "This is a person that feels he is qualified to speak on the Bible"

Indeed James let me remind you about the Chip. 

Reasoning said: Your calendar that you recommend illustrates the first day of the seven days of unleavened bread begins on the 15th day of the month. I mentioned this two or three times and your just ignoring it... and the seventh day of the seven days of unleavened bread ends on the 21st, and not the 22nd. But for some reason your calendar is pointing to the 22nd day of the month as the seventh day of the seven days of unleavened bread, when the seventh day of the seven days of unleavened bread is on the 21st day on your calendar itself. Do you agree or disagree with your calendar?


You are applying instructions from Deuteronomy 16:8 to the instructions given in Leviticus 23:6-8, don't do that.

Forget Leviticus 23:6-8, and follow only the Deuteronomy 16:1-8 instructions. When you only follow the Deuteronomy instructions, the seventh-day is quite clearly on the 22nd day because in Deuteronomy 16:8 the six days begin on the 16th of the first month; which makes the seventh-day it speaks about next in the verse fall on the 22nd day.

Peace 

Paul wrote: "You are applying instructions from Deuteronomy 16:8 to the instructions given in Leviticus 23:6-8, don't do thatForget Leviticus 23:6-8, and follow only the Deuteronomy 16:1-8 instructions"

My brother Paul, trying to forget one part of the Bible is tough to do.... Why do you want me to forget about Lev.23?  Can we agree the instructions in Lev.23 doesn't fit your lunar sabbath theory? 

So Your saying Lev.23 starts the days of unleavened bread on the 15th day of the month, which means it ends on the 21st day of the month.... and you believe Deut.16 is saying the days of unleavened bread started on the 16th day of the month, which means it ended on the 22nd day of the month? 

Thank you! 

I have already explained this like 6 times, and you still confused!?!

I never said Deuteronomy says the Festival of Unleavened Bread begins on the 15th day, I said the count for the six days remaining begins on the 16th day; therefore the seventh-day it clearly talks about next in the same verse is the 22nd day.

FYI - Festival ended on the 21st day; therefore you do not eat Unleavened bread on this last Sabbath.

Peace 

Paul wrote: "I have already explained this like 6 times, and you still confused!?!
I never said Deuteronomy says the Festival of Unleavened Bread begins on the 15th day, I said the count for the six days remaining begins on the 16th day; therefore the seventh-day it clearly talks about next in the same verse is the 22nd day.
FYI - Festival ended on the 21st day; therefore you do not eat Unleavened bread on this last Sabbath."

  I'm confuse huh? If that is what you want to believe so be it... But yes, I know the festival ends on the 21st day of the month, that is what the Bible says.

Ex.12:18 In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at even, ye shall eat unleavened bread, until the one and twentieth day [21st day] of the month at even.

When was the first day,


6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.
7 In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein.

What ever you getting out of Deut.16 is different from other parts of the Bible. You trying to start six days from the 16th day of the month and then come with seventh day to fall in line with your beliefs isn't going to work.

 If you were reading it properly, it'll be six days starting from the 15th day of the month as Lev.23 shows and on the seventh day is a sabbath, It falls on the 21st day of the month, as Ex.12:18 shows.

 You can't go against the Bible Paul. Once again, your calendar, this is amazing, because your not even acknowledging this fact, that your calendar has it right, even though the calendar itself is wrong, but it starts the first day on the 15th day of the month and the seventh day ends on the 21st day of the month. 

Paul the six days remaining that your talking about, is not remaining days, I don't see that word used, but it's your view because it gives an appearance that it's counting from the 16th day of the month. When in fact, it's talking about the six days starting from the 15th day of the month, and the seventh day being a sabbath, which is the 21st day of the month. Just like Lev.23 & Ex.12 explains. It doesn't say it's the 7th day weekly Sabbath as the sabbath that falls on the seventh day of the seven days of unleavened bread. 

 This is it, this is what your lunar sabbath belief hangs on.... You should let the Bible explain itself, and perhaps stop depending on the truth according to Paul. 

 So we are clear moving forward, There is no count starting from the 16th day of the month, this is what you want me to believe without Biblical proof. 

15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st. 22nd
  1       2       3       4        5      6       7 days - (The Bible teaches, and Paul 2 beliefs)
           1       2       3        4       5        6       7 (22nd day of the month) <-- (Paul 1 beliefs)

Paul 1's belief is not proven from the Bible.

Thanks! 

Yes, you are very confused because you cannot grasp a simple concept.

You keep mixing Exodus, Numbers, and Leviticus instructions to the ones provided in Deuteronomy, missing the whole point that when you follow only the instructions given in Deuteronomy there is a contradiction if you understood the seventh-day to be on the 21st day from reading Exodus, Numbers, and Leviticus.

Deuteronomy 16:8 (MEV)
For six days you must eat unleavened bread, and on the seventh day there shall be a solemn assembly to the Lord your God. You must do no work on that day.


Your whole argument as I understand it is, the seventh-day in Deuteronomy 16:8 is the seventh-day of the seven days. I am quite sure to the vast majority of people with literacy skills, the seventh-day would be the day after the six days it just mentioned.

You also seem to be confusing six days of eating unleavened bread with seven days of eating leavened bread. I think you also confuse night with day. And you also confuse the seven days and the six days of eating unleavened bread as both starting from the same day.

Let me spell it out for you yet again:

Deuteronomy 16:1-8 (MEV)
Observe the month of Aviv[a] and keep the Passover to the Lord your God {in the middle of the afternoon on the 14th day}, for in the month of Aviv the Lord your God brought you out of Egypt by night. 2 Therefore, you must sacrifice the Passover to the Lord your God, from the flock or the herd, in the place where the Lord shall choose to place His name. 3 You must not eat leavened bread with it. For seven days {from the 15th day until the 21st day} you must eat unleavened bread, the bread of affliction, for you came out of the land of Egypt in a hurry, so that you may remember all the days of your life the day when you came out of the land of Egypt. 4 There must not be any leavened bread seen with you within all your borders for seven days {again from the 15th day until the 21st day}, nor may any of the meat which you sacrificed in the evening {afternoon} on the first day {14th day} remain overnight until morning {on the 15th day}. 5 You may not sacrifice the Passover within any of your gates that the Lord your God has given you. 6 But at the place where the Lord your God chooses to place His name, there you shall sacrifice the Passover in the evening at sunset {afternoon of the 14th day at the going down of the sun}, at the time that you came out of Egypt. 7 You shall roast and eat it in the place where the Lord your God will choose, and you must return in the morning {on the 15th day}, and go to your tents. 8 For six days {from the 16th day until the 21st day} you must eat unleavened bread, and on the seventh day {the 22nd day} there shall be a solemn assembly to the Lord your God. You must do no work on that day.

If you disagree with any of the above I inserted into Deuteronomy 16:1-8, explain using math and the literacy structure of Deuteronomy, without using other scripture.

And I question your IQ if you think proving this "seventh-day" Sabbath is actually on the 21st day actually disproves lunar-Sabbath. I fail to see how two consecutive Sabbaths would disprove a lunar Sabbath? I am also still awaiting your proof that the seven-day week is an uninterrupted week cycle.

Peace 

Paul wrote: "Yes, you are very confused because you cannot grasp a simple concept. You keep mixing Exodus, Numbers, and Leviticus instructions to the ones provided in Deuteronomy, missing the whole point that when you follow only the instructions given in Deuteronomy there is a contradiction if you understood the seventh-day to be on the 21st day from reading Exodus, Numbers, and Leviticus."

   Paul, I'm not confused at all... and trust me  I heed the words of the SOP in the writings of EGW, she says something like, what danger can come of thinking your right when fact your wrong. So I studied what you have provided, ask plenty of questions, and it has come down to this, your whole theory hangs on your misinterpretation of Deut.16:8. 

 Again, I'm not confused, why do I say that, because I use the Bible to interpreted itself, every Bible knows that or should know that.. Your not doing that unfortunately. 

Paul wrote: "Your whole argument as I understand it is, the seventh-day in Deuteronomy 16:8 is the seventh-day of the seven days. I am quite sure to the vast majority of people with literacy skills, the seventh-day would be the day after the six days it just mentioned."

  No, that's not my whole argument, there are many ways to show you the lunar sabbath theory doesn't hold weight. We are talking about Deut.16:8 because of you, it's what your whole theory hangs on it seems. So I'm putting that under the microscope at this time. So yes, it's simple right, there is only seven days of unleavened bread, and after the first six days is the seventh day. 

 But what your doing is trying to make another set of seven days, where the first day starts on the 16th day of the month. I don't read that in the Bible. You say I keep mixing up the instructions for the annual Holy days of GOD, and that Exodus, Numbers, and Leviticus instructions are different from the instructions in Deuteronomy. 

 Of course, in my view, since you depend so much on Deut. 16:8 to push you beliefs, you have to come up with this different instructions in one place in Bible compared to three other places in the Bible. 

 Let me ask you, if Deut.16 instructions is the same as Exodus, Numbers, and Leviticus, can we agree those instructions goes against your lunar sabbath belief?  (<--- important question to answer, thank you) 

Paul wrote: "You also seem to be confusing six days of eating unleavened bread with seven days of eating leavened bread. I think you also confuse night with day. And you also confuse the seven days and the six days of eating unleavened bread as both starting from the same day."

I don't believe I'm confusing what you believe, let me illustrate it for you, and tell me if I'm confused on what you believe. 

 15th,  16th,  17th,  18th,  19th,   20th,  21st.   22nd.  (<--- days of the month)
   1        2        3        4        5         6         7                (<-according to Ex.,Num& Lev.) 
             1        2        3        4         5         6         7     (<-according to Deut. (In Paul's view)

That is what you believe correct?

 If so, then you are making up a new set of seven days that starts on the 16th day of the month. The Bible doesn't teach that. 

Paul posted this: 
Deuteronomy 16:1-8 (MEV)
Observe the month of Aviv[a] and keep the Passover to the Lord your God {in the middle of the afternoon on the 14th day}, for in the month of Aviv the Lord your God brought you out of Egypt by night. 2 Therefore, you must sacrifice the Passover to the Lord your God, from the flock or the herd, in the place where the Lord shall choose to place His name. 3 You must not eat leavened bread with it. For seven days {from the 15th day until the 21st day} you must eat unleavened bread, the bread of affliction, for you came out of the land of Egypt in a hurry, so that you may remember all the days of your life the day when you came out of the land of Egypt. 4 There must not be any leavened bread seen with you within all your borders for seven days {again from the 15th day until the 21st day}, nor may any of the meat which you sacrificed in the evening {afternoon} on the first day {14th day} remain overnight until morning {on the 15th day}. 5 You may not sacrifice the Passover within any of your gates that the Lord your God has given you. 6 But at the place where the Lord your God chooses to place His name, there you shall sacrifice the Passover in the evening at sunset {afternoon of the 14th day at the going down of the sun}, at the time that you came out of Egypt. 7 You shall roast and eat it in the place where the Lord your God will choose, and you must return in the morning {on the 15th day}, and go to your tents. 8 For six days {from the 16th day until the 21st day} you must eat unleavened bread, and on the seventh day {the 22nd day} there shall be a solemn assembly to the Lord your God. You must do no work on that day.

Paul wrote: "If you disagree with any of the above I inserted into Deuteronomy 16:1-8, explain using math and the literacy structure of Deuteronomy, without using other scripture."

 Again, any Bible student should be aware of somebody saying don't use or forget other scripture to interpret scripture. 

 But let's play your game, starting from Deut.16:7, we agree, when they returned to their tents in the morning, it was the 15th day of the month... and it says for six days to eat unleavened bread. In your mind this six days starts on the 16th day (why, I don't know), when in fact it starts the day they returned to their tents, the 15th day. So it's your inserts that are wrong.. Of course, to be absolutely sure brother Paul, so we don't depend on our own understanding,  I will reference you to Ex., Num, & Lev... I'm sure you know the chapter and verses. 

Why would you believe GOD changed  HIS instructions in Deut.16 compared to Ex.,Num. & Lev.23?  

Paul wrote: "And I question your IQ if you think proving this "seventh-day" Sabbath is actually on the 21st day actually disproves lunar-Sabbath. I fail to see how two consecutive Sabbaths would disprove a lunar Sabbath? I am also still awaiting your proof that the seven-day week is an uninterrupted week cycle."

 

 Oh... Really now... I don't know why you have to question my iq, lol... small as it is... This is what your theory hangs on brother Paul, that's why you are pushing for the 22nd of the month to be the seventh day of the seven days of unleavened bread Deut.16:7,8. 

 Because if (which it is) the 21st day of the month is the seventh day of the seven days of unleavened bread, just like your calendar says, then your reasoning of Deut.16:8 for promoting the lunar sabbath theory is nothing. 

 Here are you asking me to prove an uninterrupted 7 day weekly cycle, and you have nothing to prove your lunar sabbath theory to even question the 7 day weekly cycle that GOD began from creation. 

 To sum it up, your views of Deut.16:8 has no evidence, it's just the 'truth according to Paul'... It's simple, your wrong to believe the six days starts from the 16th day of the month, it starts on the 15th day of the month. You shouldn't overlook or "forget " other parts of the Bible just to try to prove a theory you hold dear.  You are coming up with another set of seven days to try to give weight to your theory, and trying to use confusion to promote it. 

Peace! 

Blah blah blah blah.

In short... Reasoning said:
But let's play your game, starting from Deut.16:7, we agree, when they returned to their tents in the morning, it was the 15th day of the month... and it says for six days to eat unleavened bread. In your mind this six days starts on the 16th day (why, I don't know), when in fact it starts the day they returned to their tents, the 15th day. So it's your inserts that are wrong.. Of course, to be absolutely sure brother Paul, so we don't depend on our own understanding,  I will reference you to Ex., Num, & Lev... I'm sure you know the chapter and verses. 


If it began on the 15th day as you believe, it would say for seven days eat unleavened bread instead of six days. Because prior to this point in time (the morning of the 15th day) no bread has been eaten during a day. So it therefore implies one of the seven days of eating unleavened bread has passed for seven days to be reduced to six days.

The morning (the day) in which they return to their tents is the first of seven days of eating unleavened bread. The six days remaining are after this day, and the seventh-day is on the 22nd day.

To claim the six days remaining of eating unleavened bread begins on the 15th day, would be claiming that no unleavened bread is eaten on the 21st day. When you read Leviticus 23:6; it says it is seven days from the 15th day, not six!

Leviticus 23:6 (MEV)
On the fifteenth day of the same month is the Feast of Unleavened Bread to the Lord. For seven days you must eat unleavened bread.

So you are still wrong... again!

Peace 

Paul wrote: "Blah blah blah blah." "So you are still wrong... again!"

 My apologies brother, to long for you huh? I'll try to tighten it up and make it clear to show you I'm not wrong. 

Paul wrote: "If it began on the 15th day as you believe, it would say for seven days eat unleavened bread instead of six days."

 

 There is no reason GOD would change the time of the days of unleavened bread, but you want me to believe Deut.16:8 is giving different instructions. You agree Ex., Num., and Lev. gives the instructions, but again you say it's different than Deut.16. So base on other scripture your proven wrong.

Paul wrote: "Because prior to this point in time (the morning of the 15th day) no bread has been eaten during a day. So it therefore implies one of the seven days of eating unleavened bread has passed for seven days to be reduced to six days."

No it doesn't imply one of the seven days of unleavened bread has passed.. That's what you want me to believe.

It's only talking about the seven days of unleavened bread, from the 15th day of the month, six days of eating unleavened bread, and the seventh day is a sabbath.

Because it didn't say eat unleavened bread on the seventh day of the seven days doesn't imply it's different instructions and GOD is calculating a different set of seven days from Ex.,Num., and Lev.23. 

Paul wrote: "The morning (the day) in which they return to their tents is the first of seven days of eating unleavened bread. The six days remaining are after this day, and the seventh-day is on the 22nd day."

 The Bible doesn't say there is six days "remaining", that's you using that word to make sound like there is six days remaining.. When in fact it's seven days remaining, six days plus the seventh day. Just like Ex., Num., and Lev.23 explains clearly. You choose to look past that, I know you say your not, but you are.

Paul wrote: "To claim the six days remaining of eating unleavened bread begins on the 15th day, would be claiming that no unleavened bread is eaten on the 21st day. When you read Leviticus 23:6; it says it is seven days from the 15th day, not six!"

 Again, the Bible doesn't say there are six days "remaining"...  It's amazing you want to read Lev.23 now, since you want to do that, the instructions are right there.

In Deut.16:8, the 15th day of the month is the first day, it's the first day of the six days mentioned in Deut.16:8, and the seventh day is in fact the seventh day of the seven days of unleavened bread. 

 There is no six days that start on the 16th day of the month, it's just made up by you and others to promote a false lunar sabbath theory. Why would GOD have different instructions and a different set of seven days in Deut.16:8 compared to Ex., Num., and Lev.23? 

If you followed other parts of the Bible in this regards you would see the truth. Not according to Paul, but according to the Bible. 

 This is what the lunar sabbath theory hangs on huh,  a misinterpretation of Deut.16:8? Weak brother Paul, very weak. But hey, to each their own, eh! 

Peace.

RSS

Site Sponsors

 

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free


USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

 

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service