Adventist Online

Hello,

A friend of mine got a boyfriend. After a month of being together, the guy confessed that he had dated the ex boyfriend of his girl friend. He admitted also that he was attracted to men not just only women. But the girl had fallen in love already with her boyfriend. What is she going to do? Does she need to break her heart?

Views: 204

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

JOSHUA 6 TELLS OF THE MARCH OF ISRAEL AROUND JERICHO.  ONE TIME AROUND EACH DAY FOR 6 DAYS THEN ON THE SEVENTH DAY THEY MARCHED 7 TIMES.  

ONE OF THE DAYS OF THE MARCH WAS A "SABBATH".

WAS "THE SEVENTH DAY" OF THE MARCH "THE SABBATH"?

I DONT KNOW.

WHY WOULD GOD MAKE THEM DO THAT ON A SABBATH?  HE IS LORD OF THE SABBATH.  THE SABBATH IS NOT TO POINT OF FOCUS, GOD IS THE POINT OF FOCUS.

BY THE TIME JESUS CAME TO EARTH, THE "SABBATH IDOLOTRY" WAS AT ITS PEAK.  THE POOR JEWS WERE WALKING ON EGG SHELLS.  THERE ARE MANY MONDERN DAY CHRISTIANS AND JEWS WHO PRACTICE SABBATH IDOLATRY.

WHAT DID JESUS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE SABBATH?  YES, IT WAS HIS CUSTOM TO GO TO TEMPLE ON SABBATH, BUT IT WAS ALSO HIS CUSTOM TO KEEP PASSOVER.

I am off topic and you are off topic but if you would like to start a thread on this little rebellion problem you have go for it.

Very true Bart as we see some does not accept the text in Genesis but there is no disputing the text in Exodus where it is said:

Exo 16:25 And Moses said, Eat that to day; for to day is a sabbath unto the LORD: to day ye shall not find it in the field.
Exo 16:26 Six days ye shall gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none.

Exo 16:27 And it came to pass, that there went out some of the people on the seventh day for to gather, and they found none.
Exo 16:28 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

Now this was before Mount Sinai and as we can see on the text God expected them to respect the Sabbath so the Sabbath must have been known to them at the time would it not. As we know God does not hold you guilty of something you do not know about. 

That is why God sends messages by the 3 angles, so the world can be informed and in Rev 18 we see this:

Rev 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

The whole earth no one will miss the message and those who do not heed it will clearly be lost. 

Sadly I see some who can not read their bible here and can not comprehend the truth about the Sabbath because they are spot reading.  

Wrong thread guys. Your discussion would be better placed in the Theology, The Bible and Spirit of Prophecy section.

This thread is about belle's concerns regarding her friend.

OH YEAH.  CREEPY.

Hi belle,

You don't mention whether your friend and boyfriend are SDA, or Christian.

If he professes Christianity does he accept that homosexual practices are an abomination in God's eyes or does he think that his sin is justified by grace.If he believes in the 10 Commandments then he knows that homosexual behaviour is wrong but if not then there may be a problem. So there is a question of whether he renounces such behaviour.

For her there is the question of trust - but heterosexuals have that problem as well. Presumably, as he is her boyfriend, she is contemplating marriage and this is where she must not let her heart rule her head. Is he genuine must be the first question - marriages can last a long time. So, if they are to become "one" she must consider very carefully what that may mean. Is he saying that he is going to act on his attraction to the same sex, is she potentially his "human shield", or is he praying to overcome?

Answers to these question would determine what advice to give. Does she need to break her heart, maybe. Better to break your heart now than lose your soul later. Sadly a marriage based on the idea that the person can be changed often results in the wrong person changing. If she is a Christian then she should listen to what God is telling her.

Praying for her will also help.

Hi, if she wants to have a relationship which God does not approve and which will lead to sadness and misery and heartbreak then she can go right ahead.  

"

If those who are contemplating marriage would not have miserable, unhappy reflections after marriage, they must make it a subject of serious, earnest reflection now. This step taken unwisely is one of the most effective means of ruining the usefulness of young men and women. Life becomes a burden, a curse....It is from the marriage hour that many men and women date their success or failure in this life, and their hopes of the future life.

Examine carefully to see if your married life would be happy or inharmonious and wretched. Let the questions be raised, Will this union help me heavenward? Will it increase my love for God? And will it enlarge my sphere of usefulness in this life? If these reflections present no drawback, then in the fear of God move forward.

Let a young woman accept as a life companion only one who possesses pure, manly traits of character, one who is diligent, aspiring, and honest, one who loves and fears God.

Before giving her hand in marriage, every woman should inquire whether he with whom she is about to unite her destiny is worthy. What has been his past record? Is his life pure? Is the love which he expresses of a noble, elevated character, or is it a mere emotional fondness? Has he the traits of character that will make her happy? Can she find true peace and joy in his affection? Will she be allowed to preserve her individuality, or must her judgment and conscience be surrendered to the control of her husband? ... Can she honor the Saviour's claims as supreme? Will body and soul, thoughts and purposes, be preserved pure and holy? These questions have a vital bearing upon the well-being of every woman who enters the marriage relation.

even if an engagement has been entered into without a full understanding of the character of the one with whom you intend to unite, do not think that the engagement makes it a positive necessity for you to take upon yourself the marriage vow and link yourself for life to one whom you cannot love and respect. Be very careful how you enter into conditional engagements; but better, far better, break the engagement before marriage than separate afterward, as many do.

You may say, “But I have given my promise, and shall I now retract it?” I answer, If you have made a promise contrary to the Scriptures, by all means retract it without delay, and in humility before God repent of the infatuation that led you to make so rash a pledge. Far better take back such a promise, in the fear of God, than keep it, and thereby dishonor your Maker."

Adventist Home 

"Gird up the loins of your mind, says the apostle; then control your thoughts, not allowing them to have full scope. The thoughts may be guarded and controlled by your own determined efforts. Think right thoughts, and you will perform right actions. You have, then, to guard the affections, not letting them go out and fasten upon improper objects. Jesus has purchased you with His own life; you belong to Him; therefore He is to be consulted in all things, as to how the powers of your mind and the affections of your heart shall be employed"  AH 54.2

The youth trust altogether too much to impulse. They should not give themselves away too easily, nor be captivated too readily by the winning exterior of the lover. Courtship as carried on in this age is a scheme of deception and hypocrisy, with which the enemy of souls has far more to do than the Lord. Good common sense is needed here if anywhere; but the fact is, it has little to do in the matter. ah 

"Men and women who are otherwise sensible and conscientious close their ears to counsel; they are deaf to the appeals and entreaties of friends and kindred and of the servants of God. The expression of a caution or warning is regarded as impertinent meddling, and the friend who is faithful enough to utter a remonstrance is treated as an enemy. All this is as Satan would have it. He weaves his spell about the soul, and it becomes bewitched, infatuated. Reason lets fall the reins of self-control upon the neck of lust; unsanctified passion bears sway, until, too late, the victim awakens to a life of misery and bondage. This is not a picture drawn by the imagination, but a recital of facts. God's sanction is not given to unions which He has expressly forbidden

Those who profess the truth trample on the will of God in marrying unbelievers; they lose His favor and make bitter work for repentance. The unbelieving may possess an excellent moral character, but the fact that he or she has not answered to the claims of God and has neglected so great salvation is sufficient reason why such a union should not be consummated. The character of the unbelieving may be similar to that of the young man to whom Jesus addressed the words, “One thing thou lackest”; that was the one thing needful.

The plea is sometimes made that the unbeliever is favorable to religion and is all that could be desired in a companion except in one thing—he is not a Christian. Although the better judgment of the believer may suggest the impropriety of a union for life with an unbeliever, yet, in nine cases out of ten, inclination triumphs. Spiritual declension commences the moment the vow is made at the altar; religious fervor is dampened, and one stronghold after another is broken down, until both stand side by side under the black banner of Satan. Even in the festivities of the wedding the spirit of the world triumphs against conscience, faith, and truth. In the new home the hour of prayer is not respected. The bride and bridegroom have chosen each other and dismissed Jesus.

Hundreds have sacrificed Christ and heaven in consequence of marrying unconverted persons. Can it be that the love and fellowship of Christ are of so little value to them that they prefer the companionship of poor mortals? Is heaven so little esteemed that they are willing to risk its enjoyments for one who has no love for the precious Saviour?

To connect with an unbeliever is to place yourself on Satan's ground. You grieve the Spirit of God and forfeit His protection. Can you afford to have such terrible odds against you in fighting the battle for everlasting life?

The heart yearns for human love, but this love is not strong enough, or pure enough, or precious enough to supply the place of the love of Jesus. Only in her Saviour can the wife find wisdom, strength, and grace to meet the cares, responsibilities, and sorrows of life. She should make Him her strength and her guide. Let woman give herself to Christ before giving herself to any earthly friend, and enter into no relation which shall conflict with this. Those who would find true happiness must have the blessing of Heaven upon all that they possess and all that they do. It is disobedience to God that fills so many hearts and homes with misery. My sister, unless you would have a home where the shadows are never lifted, do not unite yourself with one who is an enemy of God.

It is only in Christ that a marriage alliance can be safely formed. Human love should draw its closest bonds from divine love. Only where Christ reigns can there be deep, true, unselfish affection.

Adventist Home 

Happy Sabbah sis,

When persons are faced with situations like those the first thing they should do is to ask themselves; if God would be pleased if they stay in such situation or not. 

Nevertheless, relationships should not only be based on love only but also a connection with God. 

And in a relationship our partner should not come first but God should be first. 

Therefore, if one is connected to God they will not be attracted to the same gender.

I believe that the person should not continue with the relationship due to the character and mind set of the partner.  

Hello dear!I ask your prayer to pray for my country south Sudan.a some of you know war,famine diseases are the most common.we are now living in neighbouring Ethiopia.we are in hardship and at the same time our brother,fathers and dying in the bush by wars please take it as your own task to pray daily about this.thank

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service