Adventist Online

I visited Florida recently (April 22 - May1). On sabbath April 23 I was seated in a particular church watch a special presentation during the AY time. A young woman /sister came in sat behind me and was taking pictures. After a while she leaned forward and said, " Can you take off your hat so I can take my pictures.?" I responded, "take off my hat, you go somewhere else and take your pictures." I was frightened, shocked and disturbed. I asked myself, How would a non Christian react? What if i were a new convert still drinking milk? Supposing I were a  weak member on the brink of giving up? Other such questions crowded my mind until I lost out on what was being presented. I believe that this is a way in which members bar the church door. What do you say? Discuss.

Views: 148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Jason it seems you know and understand everything and you do not have any attitude problems to deal with like the lot of people u mentioned above, you R perfect. When will I get where you r Jason.
Don, I like thi you are so correct;We need to be like Jesus -like a lamb to the slaughter. The unfortunate situation in this case however, is not one of persecution but of poor spiritual priotizing or misdirection.This was forgiven from day 1. But that we coild see how spiritually low we have fallen the case was posted. But Don some of my brethren have sunken even lower in responding to the post. Thanks again for food for thought.

Ferril never mind all the blind comments. It is not all who are of Israel are Israelites. (mek dem kip dem culture)

Every true child of God will be sifted as wheat, and in the sifting process every cherished pleasure which diverts the mind from God must be sacrificed. In many families the mantel shelves, stands, and tables are filled with ornaments and pictures. Albums filled with photographs of the family and their friends are placed where they will attract the attention of visitors. Thus the thoughts, which should be upon God and heavenly interests, are brought down to common things. Is not this a species of idolatry? Should not the money thus spent have been used to bless humanity, to relieve the suffering, to clothe the naked, and to feed the hungry? Should it not be placed in the Lord's treasury to advance His cause and build up His kingdom in the earth? {2SM 317.1}

Hey Desmond, what a quote man, something to think about and act upon. But with all the wise people we have today, we may hear the reasoning that this was for that time not today. And then there are coomputers to record and post our pictures on so an excuse can be made there too. Have you ever noticed that the devil supplies us with all the reasons why we don't really have to obey the SOP. It's time for a revival among God's people bro. God bless.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service