Adventist Online

REVELATION 6:12, 15; JOEL 2:31; ACTS 2:20; MATTHEW 24:29, 30; ISAIAH 13:10

I've been seeing this a lot on facebook, at this website, and some other places. Don't understand why all of the sudden this is being brought up because the first occurrence of the moon turning into blood  happened in May 19, 1780. 

A little background on the dark day. It happened in the Northern Hemisphere of the world (specifically in New England and Eastern Canada.) Around noon, everything went pitch black and that night the moon was red as blood. It's called dual application of prophecy. 

We touched based on the basics of the prophecy that supposedly been fulfilled. now do you think these occurrences will happen of those dates, and why on those specific dates? 

Views: 2774

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@ Zowi  Something big in Israel? No, I don't anything big will happen in Israel...maybe antichrist will set up a church there on the dome of the rock, but I don't see any prophecies in Rev, concerning the old city, what do you think ?

@John, I am NOT treating the 3 verses as three different events,  the three verses are the same event ,known as Jesus doing Passover, are they not ?

Mt 26:26 ¶ And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
 27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
 29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Have I missed your point John? What are you saying ?

Shalom

@rob, yes, I think you have missed my point. The three verses I am referring to are:

Acts 2:20; Rev 6:12 & Joel 2:31.

You seem to be referring to them as three separate events, I am suggesting that they are all referring to the same event.

I think the Spiritual Israel is more important than the ancient Israel. 

This is the first of the 4 blood moon.  It will occur at MIDNIGHT PACIFIC TIME 4/15/2014, and CALIFORNIA Has the best view.  This will be in about 12 hours from now. 

So starting after Midnight, the bloodmoon will be the peak red.   Now is there any significiant w/ CA and midnight, and bloodmoon.  There can be:

1.  Well Loma Linda, CA.  This the known as the center of Adventism to reach the world in school, missions, medical tx, but there are other problems too.  The point is Judgment begins at the house of God.  "But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer; For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God."   1 Peter 4: 7, 17

2.  What is the point of Midnight? 

1Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. 6And AT MIDNIGHT there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.  Matthew 25:1-12

3.  What this correlation has to do w/ the bloodmoon?

When there is a Total Lunar Eclipse that is call blood moon, so let see what the Bible said. 

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.  Joel 2:31

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood.  Rev 6:12

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come.  Acts 2:20

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.  Matthew 24:29, 30

For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.  Isa 13:10

So you are wondering what about the darkened sun? 

They are solar eclipses: and they will occur on Mar 21, 2015 and Sep 14, 2015.  They occur next year. 

Why are these bloodmoon and blacksun specials?

There are 4 bloodmoon and 2 blacksun total = 6 eclipses in 2014-2015, and they all occurred on GOD's APPOINTED TIME = MOWEDIM, Strong's #4150.   To have 6 astronomy phenomenals, w/ linkage to Bible is something to think about. 

Please turn to Jesus, ask for cleansing, and have your record clean in Most Holy Place!!! 
I am praying that there might not be an earthquake, but only GOD KNOWS!!!

McCoy, that post was brilliant ! Thank you

JohnB, at last you explain the three texts....sorry there is a huge lag in post replies, you are referring to a very early post of mine :)

OK lets see

Ac 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
 17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
 18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
 19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
 20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

And the next verse:

Re 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
 13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
 14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
 15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
 16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
 17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

And the last verse :

Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

So if all these verses refer to the same event as you say John, and you might be right, than the Lord would and could have come, but He didn't....And since He didn't come in a bodily literal sense (one could say Jesus came inn Spirit form in the Pentecost days of Acts:2:20  I suppose)  the prophecy has yet another fulfilment for another time...doesn't it ?

Can't Bible prophecy have different applications for events in time ? Notice this example....

Hab 1:6 For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwellingplaces that are not theirs.
 7 They are terrible and dreadful: their judgment and their dignity shall proceed of themselves.

This prophecy is still future, it talks about the rise of Antitchrist int he last days of time

Yet it happened in the Acts of the Apostles time ?

Ac 13:41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.
 42 ¶ And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.

Why does Paul quote this prophecy out of context then ? Or did this rise of antichrist also happen in Paul's time?

So on the basis of this example, there may be others, prophecy DOES have repeating cycles of events in time

EGW says Jesus could have come literally in the days of Acts....but their love went cold....so the prophecies came...and went

EGW says Jesus could have come literally in 1844...but the people were not ready...some of them were I feel...anyhow it was a bitter experience for some....so the prophecies came and went....

The third and last time perhaps, Jesus comes literally and the prophecies again will come....

that's how I see them....

How do you see prophecy then ?

SHalom

Rob are you sure about this? Mrs. White has something which is quite the opposite from your previous post. 

In this ordinance [foot washing], Christ discharged his disciples from the cares and burdens of the ancient Jewish obligations in rites and ceremonies. These no longer possessed any virtue; for type was meeting antitype in himself, the authority and foundation of all Jewish ordinances that pointed to him as the great and only efficacious offering for the sins of the world. He gave this simple ordinance that it might be a special season when he himself would always be present, to lead all participating in it to feel the pulse of their own conscience, to awaken them to an understanding of the lessons symbolized, to revive their memory, to convict of sin, and to receive their penitential repentance. He would teach them that brother is not to exalt himself above brother, that the dangers of disunion and strife shall be seen and appreciated; for the health and holy activity of the soul are involved.  {Review and Herald,June 14, 1898 par. 15} 

This ordinance does not speak so largely to man's intellectual capacity as to his heart. His moral and spiritual nature needs it. If his disciples had not needed this, it would not have been left for them as Christ's last established ordinance in connection with, and including, the last supper. It was Christ's desire to leave to his disciples an ordinance that would do for them the very thing they needed,—that would serve to disentangle them from the rites and ceremonies which they had hitherto engaged in as essential, and which the reception of the gospel made no longer of any force. To continue these rites would be an insult to Jehovah. Eating of the body, and drinking of the blood, of Christ, not merely at the sacramental service, but daily partaking of the bread of life to satisfy the soul's hunger, would be in receiving his word and doing his will.  {Review and Herald, June 14, 1898 par. 16} 

The Jews had prided themselves upon their divinely appointed services; and they concluded that as God once specified the Hebrew manner of worship, it was impossible that he should ever authorize a change in any of its specifications. They decided that Christianity must connect itself with the Jewish laws and ceremonies. They were slow to discern to the end of that which had been abolished by the death of Christ, and to perceive that all their sacrificial offerings had but prefigured the death of the Son of God, in which type had met its antitype, rendering valueless the divinely appointed ceremonies and sacrifices of the Jewish religion.  {Spirit of Prophecy, vol. 3, p. 370, par. 2} 

There are some who do not understand the plan of redemption, but make the death of Christ an argument to prove that the law of God is abolished. Men who claim to be teachers of the people blind the eyes of the ignorant by blending the moral law with the ceremonial, and using the texts which speak of the ceremonial law to prove that the moral law has been abolished. This is a perversion of the Scriptures. There are two distinct laws brought to view. One is the law of types and shadows, which reached to the time of Christ, and ceased when type met antitype in his death. The other is the law of Jehovah, and is as abiding and changeless as his eternal throne. After the crucifixion, it was a denial of Christ for the Jews to continue to offer the burnt offerings and sacrifices which were typical of his death. It was saying to the world that they looked for a Redeemer to come, and had no faith in Him who had given his life for the sins of the world. Hence the ceremonial law ceased to be of force at the death of Christ.  {Signs of the Times, July 29, 1886 par. 4}

This is just a sample of the many quotes from the prophet herself, I can post more if it's necessary to provide more evidence against feast keeping.

I totally agree with you,Mc Coy. Very good demonstration.  I have been warning as many as possible for a while about this! But you nailed it right on!

Thank You!

Why aren't they preaching about this in church?

@Zowi, I agree why aren't we preaching this in church ?

Gabriel,  loved your SOP quotes and I agree with them, Jewish ways of keeping feasts in Jesus days was terrible...however doing the love-feasts as EGW calls them, in a different way without all the Jewish pomp and symbolism can in fact be achieved....Go back and do some more EGW SOP research and find any quotes that really do away with "love feasts" try that as a search...Have you ever checked out the trivial symbolism involved in Jewish feast keeping? No wonder EGW says Jesus wanted to wipe it away. That's why Jesus rarely attended Jewish feasts...they had LOST their SPIRITUAL significance....

I have done my research, please do some more...it will be good for you....what does EGW mean by "love feast" for example?

And if you could be the first person to answer this question Gabriel, never had anybody answer this on AO though I did ask my brother who's a Pastor....is the Lord's Ordinance, an Ordinance in the way the Bible sees the word Ordinance ? Yes or No?

God bless your studies and our sharing  together

Shalom

Rob,

what are your thoughts on Col 2:16 and eze 45:17?

Because preaching/ evangelical sermon is different than admitting you don't know everything in the Bible and start doing researching.

Gabriel when you do a study on a topic, you have to look up all the contexts of EGW on a subject, not just the ones you like ...it is often the majority of passages that speak, and ALL passages must speak in harmony...

"In the days of Christ these feasts were attended by vast multitudes of people from all lands, and had they been kept as God intended, in the spirit of true worship, the light of truth might through them have been given to all nations of the world. {PH130 10.1}

With those who lived at a distance from the tabernacle, more than a month of every year must have been occupied in attendance upon these holy convocations. The Lord saw that these gatherings were necessary for the spiritual life of His people. They needed to turn away from their worldly cares, to commune with God, and to contemplate unseen realities. {PH130 10.2}

If the children of Israel needed the benefit of these holy convocations in their time, how much more do we need them in these last days of peril and conflict? And if the people of the world then needed the light which God has committed to his church, how much more do they need it now?" {PH130 10.3}

" At Philippi Paul tarried to keep the Passover. Only Luke remained with him, the other members of the company passing on to Troas to await him there. The Philippians were the most loving and truehearted of the apostle's converts, and during the eight days of the feast he enjoyed peaceful and happy communion with them." {AA 390.4}

Paul kept the feasts...

At these yearly assemblies the hearts of old and young would be encouraged in the service of God, while the association of the people from the different quarters of the land would strengthen the ties that bound them to God and to one another. Well would it be for the people of God at the present time to have a Feast of Tabernacles--a joyous commemoration of the blessings of God to them. As the children of Israel celebrated the deliverance that God had wrought for their fathers, and His miraculous preservation of them during their journeyings from Egypt, so should we gratefully call to mind the various ways He has devised for bringing us out from the world, and from the darkness of error, into the precious light of His grace and truth.

What is EGW saying here ?

The Feast of Tabernacles was not only commemorative but typical. It not only pointed back to the wilderness sojourn, but, as the feast of harvest, it celebrated the ingathering of the fruits of the earth, and pointed forward to the great day of final ingathering, when the Lord of the harvest shall send forth His reapers to gather the tares together in bundles for the fire, and to gather the wheat into His garner. At that time the wicked will all be destroyed. They will become "as though they had not been." Obadiah 16

EGW is saying this feast points back in time, AND forward in time....that makes the symbols with ongoing significance to us...

The Lord's supper / Passover / ordinance does the same thing...

SO when we have these quotes Gabriel as well as the ones you showed, perhaps we need to make harmony out of both....?

What is that harmony ?

Shalom

Perhaps it would help to add this quote to the mix?

""The Lord Jesus the same night in which He was betrayed took bread: and when He had given thanks, He brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is My body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of Me. After the same manner also He took the cup, when He had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in My blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of Me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord's death till He come." 1 Corinthians 11:23-26. 

Christ was standing at the point of transition between two economies and their two great festivals. He, the spotless Lamb of God, was about to present Himself as a sin offering, that He would thus bring to an end the system of types and ceremonies that for four thousand years had pointed to His death. As He ate the Passover with His disciples, He instituted in its place the service that was to be the memorial of His great sacrifice. The national festival of the Jews was to pass away forever. The service which Christ established was to be observed by His followers in all lands and through all ages.
The Passover was ordained as a commemoration of the deliverance of Israel from Egyptian bondage. God had directed that, year by year, as the children should ask the meaning of this ordinance, the history should be repeated. Thus the wonderful deliverance was to be kept fresh in the minds of all. The ordinance of the Lord's Supper was given to commemorate the great deliverance wrought out as the result of the death of Christ. Till He shall come the second time in power and glory, this ordinance is to be celebrated. It is the means by which His great work for us is to be kept fresh in our minds." The Desire of Ages, p.652 (emphasis mine)

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service