Adventist Online

A Return is Requested... .You'll see why.

Breakfast at McDonald's

This is a good story and is true, please read it all the way through until the end! (After the story, there are some very interesting facts!):

I am a mother of three (ages 14, 12, 3) and have recently completed my college degree..
The last class I had to take was Sociology.
The teacher was absolutely inspiring with the qualities that I wish every human being had been graced with.

Her last project of the term was called, 'Smile.'
The class was asked to go out and smile at three people and document their reactions.

I am a very friendly person and always smile at everyone and say hello anyway. So, I thought this would be a piece of cake,literally

Soon after we were assigned the project, my husband, youngest son, and I went out to McDonald's one crisp March morning.

It was just our way of sharing special playtime with our son.
We were standing in line, waiting to be served, when all of a sudden everyone around us began to back away, even my husband did.

I did not move an inch.... an overwhelming feeling of panic welled up inside of me as I turned to see why they had moved.

As I turned around I smelled a horrible 'dirty body' smell, and there standing behind me were two poor homeless men.

As I looked down at the short gentleman, close to me, he was 'smiling'

His beautiful sky blue eyes were full of God's Light as he searched for acceptance.

He said, 'Good day' as he counted the few coins he had been clutching.

The second man fumbled with his hands as he stood behind his friend. I realized the second man was mentally challenged and the blue-eyed gentleman was his salvation.

I held my tears as I stood there with them.

The young lady at the counter asked him what they wanted.

He said, 'Coffee is all Miss' because that was all they could afford. (If they wanted to sit in the restaurant and warm up, they had to buy something. He just wanted to be warm).

Then I really felt it - the compulsion was so great I almost reached out and embraced the little man with the blue eyes.

That is when I noticed all eyes in the

restaurant were set on me, judging

my every action.

I smiled and asked the young lady behind the counter to give me two more breakfast meals on a separate tray.

I then walked around the corner to the table that the men had chosen as a resting spot. I put the tray on the table and laid my hand on the blue-eyed gentleman's cold hand.

He looked up at me, with tears in his eyes, and said, 'Thank you.'

I leaned over, began to pat his hand and said, 'I did not do this for you. God is here working through me to give you hope.'

I started to cry as I walked away to join my husband and son. When I sat down my husband smiled at me and said, 'That is why God gave you to me, Honey, to give me hope..'

We held hands for a moment and at that time, we knew that only because of the Grace that we had been given were we able to give

We are not church goers, but we are believers.

That day showed me the pure Light of God's sweet love.

I returned to college, on the last evening of class, with this story in hand.

I turned in 'my project' and the instructor read it.

Then she looked up at me and said, 'Can I share this?'

I slowly nodded as she got the attention of the class.

She began to read and that is when I knew that we as human beings and being part of God share this need to heal people and to be healed..

In my own way I had touched the people at McDonald's, my son,the instructor, and every soul that shared the classroom on the last night I spent as a college student.

I graduated with one of the biggest lessons I would ever learn:

UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE.

Much love and compassion is sent to each and every person who may read this and learn how to

LOVE PEOPLE AND USE THINGS -

NOT LOVE THINGS AND USE PEOPLE.

There is an Angel sent to watch over you.

In order for her to work, you must pass this on to the people you want watched over.

An Angel wrote:

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart

To handle yourself, use your head..

To handle others, use your heart.

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice advertisement for McDonald's. Maybe if you made a commercial out of that story, they would buy it.

I wish it ended with those guys getting a job. I've given those guys jobs before. They usually are not very good workers and quit after a day or two. But I know anything is possible. If enough people would give them jobs, eventually they could get used to working. And show an interest in them. When they quit, say you understand, and call me if you want to go back to work.

I mean because the story doesn't end there. Sure they got one meal. Good day for them. But you know they will be back again, and they might get so lucky next time.

I hate to kill the mood, but in case you didn't know, a lot of stuff in fast food places, that should be clean, is unclean. The hamburgers and grilled chicken, and eggs, and everything else that's cooked on the grill, is cooked in sausage and bacon grease.
Sometimes its just best to not comment if your comment cannot be positive. I've read this story before and yes, fast food restaurants are not havens for nutritious meals or cleanliness but the message is greater than that. Also, please remember that God uses us each differently. Yes the story doesn't end there but it may inspire someone else to do something more the next time. God bless you and anyone else who allows themselves to be used for His glory and honor.
You think it would be best if I didn't comment? But it gave you something to talk about, didn't it?

And isn't it negative for you to say my comment was negative?

Then that's negative too. So it become a vicious circle. Where does it end?

"Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. Everything is indeed clean, but it is wrong for anyone to make another stumble by what he eats."  Romans 14:20 (ESV) 

Ray

Please explain how one causes another to stumble by what you eat.

IF someone is watching you rather than Christ ... for sure they will always fail with that philosophy.

N Him

Oh, there are several ways.

1. Becoming so diet orineted that we cannot see the problem for the beans.
  2. Becoming so lax in what we eat that we will eat anything that will sit still long enough for us to get a fork in it.
  3. Useing "proper diet" as a club over other people's heads.
  4. Alienating people over diet who will then reject the truth as it is in Jesus.

These are just a few examples.  I'm sure there are more.  We need to maintain a balance and not go to either extreme on the subject.

Maranatha :)
Ray

Again ... that assumes that someone is watching you and your behavior.

The behavior of watching human sinners instead of Christ and His Word ... is the behavior that needs correcting. For with that behavior ... they will most likely lose their salvation. But those who have poor diets most likely will not.

Which one is more serious in your eyes?

NHim

We are always being watched by others, that is a given.  The only Jesus that some people will ever see is what is shown out through us.  We agree that they should look to Jesus, but the facts are that people usually first learn of Jesus through our example.

Some are so diet concious that they are no earthly good.  I do believe that I have seen all the extremes.  From people who are literally human garbage cans, to those who follow Ellen White so closely that they keep bumping into her and have not seen Jesus for some time.  One example is as bad as the other. 

We need to follow as close as practical to the biblical diet of fruits, grains and nuts in as natural of a state as possible.  Since they have lost some of their nutrients, occasional dairy and an egg now and then will belp to balance out the diet.

Or as is said: "Total absctenance of that which is bad and moderation in that which is good."  This seems to be the best position to take.

Maranatha :)
Ray

I've read this before, but it looks new today, great witnessing indeed. We should learn to see the world as God sees it. God sees each and every inhabitant either homeless or working at McD needing salvation and hope...the gospel is for ALL stinking or not stinking, homeless or not homeless, needy or not needy in brief for ALL every tongue, language, people and nation.
That's right. And for one don't think we should tell people to swear off pork if they don't see the light, as a requirement for Baptism. I myself detest the eating of unclean things, and would rather not even touch the stuff. But we need to respect what the Word of God says on this matter. Which I will try to get away with quoting twice, because there's another topic:

In answer to many inquiries, we would say that we believe there is business for Seventh-day Adventists to enter upon for a livelihood, more consistent with their faith than the raising of hops, tobacco, or swine. {2SM 338.1}
And we would recommend that they plant no more hops, or tobacco fields, and that they reduce the number of their swine. They may yet see it duty, as most consistent believers do, to keep no more. We would not urge this opinion upon any. Much less would we take the responsibility of saying, "Plow up your hop and tobacco fields, and sacrifice your swine to the dogs." {2SM 338.2}
While we would say to those who are disposed to crowd hop, tobacco, and swine growers among our people, that they have no right to make these things, in any sense, a test of Christian fellowship, we would also say to those who have these miserable things on hand, "If you can get them off your hands without great loss, consistency with the faith of this people whose publications and oral teachings have so much to say on the subject of reform, more than suggests that you should get them off your hands as soon as possible." [THIS IS ONE OF THE VERY FEW STATEMENTS TO BE ISSUED JOINTLY BY JAMES AND ELLEN WHITE. INASMUCH AS IT WAS SIGNED BY BOTH, IT IS EVIDENT THAT THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HAD FULL SANCTION OF MRS. WHITE.--COMPILERS.]--The Review and Herald, March 24, 1868. {2SM 338.3}

That is a wonderful story.

Hebrews 13:2   Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. 
  13:3   Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; [and] them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.

In the records of Genesis we see the patriarch at the hot summer noontide resting in his tent door under the shadow of the oaks of Mamre. Three travelers are passing near. They make no appeal for hospitality, solicit no favor; but Abraham does not permit them to go on their way unrefreshed. He is a man full of years, a man of dignity and wealth, one highly honored, and accustomed to command; yet on seeing these strangers he "ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground." Addressing the leader he said: "My Lord, if now I have found favor in Thy sight, pass not away, I pray Thee, from Thy servant." Genesis 18:2, 3. With his own hands he brought water that they might wash the dust of travel from their feet. He himself selected their food; while they were at rest under the cooling shade, Sarah his wife made ready for their entertainment, and Abraham stood respectfully beside them while they partook of his hospitality. This kindness he showed them simply as wayfarers, passing strangers, who might never come his way again. But, the entertainment over, his guests stood revealed. He had ministered not only to heavenly angels, but to their glorious Commander, his Creator, Redeemer, and King. And to Abraham the counsels of heaven were opened, and he was called "the friend of God."  {6T 341.2}

IT AM SO HARD TO SEE THOSE U LOVE EAT FROM THESE UNCLEAN PLACES LIKE MCdonalds .. all that fat and greece that is involved in eating flesh foods makes me sad..  Why is it so hard to follow good advice that will help u retain your health rather than rebel and eat  flesh food that is so diseased already and pumped full of red dye and other things that make it appear good to eat?.  I know this spot in the forum is kinda dead too for most of the replies are 2 years old and few at that. 

, While diet is  a topic that is important for our survival and also help us be ready for eternity  why is topics like sex   is so vastly read and commented on rather than that which we need?    WAS  not diet  an important  lesson in the garden of Eden that because they chose to listen to what they thought God might be holding back from them they did partake of ?? [well in actuality it was just Eve that was bedazzled and tricked not Adam]

Why is their such a  fascination about human sexuality and man made rules  that rmany want to add to it   but a clear cut and dry  topic that needs to be seen in the light of these last days is ignored?  tisk tisk  WHERE  are  are minds at then that Diet is ignored as  unnessary to know about and yet  sex is so glorified to the degree everyone that  those that come in here as new  are  preoccupied upon knowing more about this topic then what is and is not fit for us to eat today?.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service