Adventist Online

I am fighting myself in question whether i can marry an unbeliever.What does the bible say?

Views: 884

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You "Can" marry an unbeliever but there are absolutely no reasons why you "Should"...  Nuff  Sed

EXCUSE me but are their not also 7 th day adventists that be technically unbelievers ?  YES with their tongue among others the y admit Jesus as Lord but these same Good outstanding Adventists do not follow the full truth just  the part they want to ok?

YES!!!! i am gratefull to the deep concerns and advice the decision is mine and i believe christ will help me as i know he did not come to seek the righteous but the sinful.Not the 99 sheep but the one lost sheep.I would gladly rejoice in heaven when i bring one soul to christ.God bless you all.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14

There is not one marriage in one hundred that results happily, that bears the sanction of God, and places the parties in a position better to glorify him. The evil consequences of poor marriages are numberless. They are contracted from impulse. 4T 504

Many marriages can only be productive of misery, and yet the minds of the youth run in this channel because Satan leads them there, making them believe that they must be married in order to be happy. 5T 122

In this age of the world, as the scenes of earth's history are soon to close and we are about to enter upon the time of trouble such as never was, the fewer the marriages contracted, the better for all, both men and women. Above all, when Satan is working with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish, let Christians beware of connecting themselves with unbelievers. God has spoken. All who fear Him will submit to His wise injunctions. Our feelings, impulses, and affections must flow heavenward, not earthward, not in the low, base channel of sensual thought and indulgence. It is time now that every soul should stand as in the sight of the heart-searching God. 5T 366

There is in itself no sin in eating and drinking, or in marrying and giving in marriage. It was lawful to marry in the time of Noah, and it is lawful to marry now, if that which is lawful is properly treated, and not carried to sinful excess. But in the days of Noah, men married without consulting God, or seeking his guidance and counsel. So it is at the present day; marriage ceremonies are made matters of display, extravagance, and self-indulgence. But if the contracting parties are agreed in religious belief and practise, and everything is consistent, and the ceremony be conducted without display and extravagance, marriage at this time need not be displeasing to God. "But this I say, brethren, the time is short; it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none; and they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not; and they that use this world, as not abusing it; for the fashion of this world passeth away." RH SEP.25,1888

We may always bear with a friend’s infirmities and with his ignorance, but never with his vices. Never marry an unbeliever.... {4MR 196.1}

Men and women professing godliness should tremble at the thought of entering into a marriage covenant with those who do not respect and obey the commandments of God. It was this that opened the flood-gates of sin to the antediluvians. Such a connection with the world is a direct departure from God’s express requirements,—“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers.” {ST December 30, 1880, par. 18}

A very wise and very holy man has given his judgment on this point: "A man who is truly pious, marrying with an unconverted woman, will either draw back to perdition, or have a cross during life." The same may be said of a pious woman marrying an unconverted man. Such persons cannot say this petition of the Lord's prayer, Lead us not into temptation. They plunge into it of their own accord.

I believe that only God can intervene on this search game for me i believe i will be safe married than not,to my fiancee or not is still a challenge and a difficult desicion to make.May god intervene.Thanks and god bless.

Priscillah

We cannot expect God to do what we know we should do.  Oh, I have no question that it is a challenge.  These decisions are always a challenge.  When it involved matters of the heart, we seem to be hard wired to go with feelings rather than principle.  But, that is why God allows these test to come to us, to get in the habit of operating on the level of principle and not feeling.

"The love of Christ is not a fitful feeling, but a living principle, which is to be made manifest as an abiding power in the heart. If the character and deportment of the shepherd is an exemplification of the truth he advocates, the Lord will set the seal of His approval to the work. The shepherd and the flock will become one, united by their common hope in Christ."  {AA 516.1} 

No one will be in heaven who allows feelings to govern their life here.  Becasue feelings are so changable.  Can you imagine someone in heaven who is so attached to someone who does not beleive, really believe, in God?  Or someone who feels like serving God in one area, but not serving Him in another?  No, those who are taken to heaven are those who are 110% committed to doing what God wants, without quibbling, or seeking ways to get out of it, or postponing the decision, or consulting feelings or popular opinion, as so many are doing today.

When anyone postpones doing what they know they should do, or avoids making a decision because it is too hard, is showing that there is another god in their life.  That something else is more important to them then doing what God wants them to do.  God will not intervene in such a choice.  For that person has in reality already chosen to serve some other authority.

Just like with Eve.  She choose and all God could do was to mitigate the punishment.  The punishment came, but not immediatly.  The same is true today.  We are free moral agents and God will allow us to have what we choose.  However, in the end, we will not like what we choose as much as we would  have liked that which we did not choose. 

So, yes, it is a difficult decision.  Satan portrays it in the most glowing and positive way.  But, the end thereof is death.  Are you willing to give up eternal life and choose death in order to have your lover?

The challenge is to choose life.

Maranatha :)
Ray

Here's a thought.... do we not see the fruit, the evidence of others around us, who have married outside of our faith? How many of them are separated/divorced now? How much discord have they had in the duration of their relationship?

I will not repeat the many scriptures that others have so lovingly shared with you here, that would be redundant. I am sending these thought to you though, lovingly, as a more common sense approach.

God is the author of order

Satan is the author of DIS-order

Can two walk together lest they agree???

Satan will put the thoughts in our minds that we can convert the other party to becoming a believer, but the evidence is quite clear that the reverse is usually the case. 

My suggestion is to continuously seek God answer as to if this is the person that HE has chosen for you, and that He send you His choice in His time. God knows the right one for you, He knows what's best for you...trust Him and see.

Hind sight is 20/20. Many of us fall into satan's trap of emotional bondage...we act upon our feelings, rather than being obedient to what we already KNOW to do correctly in God's sight.

I wish you well, seek ye first the Kingdom of God, He will never deceive you!

Thank you my brother.god bless is all i can say.

You can marry who you wont. But it is the consequence of that marriege.

Benicio

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by