Adventist Online

What do you think??

Views: 4848

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Man Flower Glow

Thank you for saying sorry.

Man Flower Glow said: no its not about committing suicide and going to heaven

If you're not referring to the discussion topic, then what are you referring to ?

The only topic I was replying to has the following heading:

Can someone commit suicide and still go to heaven?

If you are trying to talk about something else with me, that is fine but you should explain it clearly so we can minimize misunderstanding.

I am thoroughly convinced that the love of God and of Christ can prevent suicide if this love is believed and accepted. We have plenty of personal testimony, the Bible and the Spirit of prophecy all confirming this.

However, there is no evidence, that a person can be saved after his or her final rejection of God's love unless that person repents and turns to God and accepts His transforming love.

This is supported by what God has revealed in the Bible and the Spirit of prophecy and this is the kind of encouragement that is most helpful in these last days.

Thank you for allowing my reply

i did my best here

if its not understood

it has to be ok

i cant force u to see thru my perspective

we have had very different walks with GOD

what i share about GOD

is stuff that jazzes me about HIM

AND

maybe what u share jazzes u

about HIM

AMEN

Hi Teresa.

Please take a closer look at the thread.

I did not add the "and getting to".

That was what Man Flower Glow said.

I just re-posted his statement. (copy and paste)

I also re-posted the title of the discussion which I will do here again;

Can someone commit suicide and still go to heaven ?

Posted by Timbertwo on March 17, 2012 at 9:08pm in General Discussion

Thank you for allowing my reply.

Maybe you should stop telling someone what happens inside their head, you can't possible know. 

Hi Ezra,

I agree wholeheartedly with that.

I'm not sure why Teresa doesn't just address the topic but I'm praying for her.

Hi Teresa,

I'm not sure why you are assuming that we are confused.

We were not and are not confused. 

By jumping into the dialogue without reading the prior posts, it seems more like you were confused. By trying to make plainer what was already plain to us, it didn't help.

When you started posting and I saw that it did not address the topic, I started praying because I have had this experience with you before.

Hi Teresa.

Please go back and actually read the dialogue between Man Flower Glow and I if you insist on addressing my words instead of the topic.

Once again, I am re-posting the topic question that I gave an answer to Timbertwo about. I am referring to these "exact" words in my answer to Timbertwo.   

Can someone commit suicide and still go to heaven ?

Posted by Timbertwo on March 17, 2012 at 9:08pm in General Discussion

Do you have anything from the Bible or the Spirit of prophecy in support of the opinion that someone who commits suicide can still go to heaven ? 

If you do, please share it. It would be much more profitable than trying to dissect my words and trying to pinpoint some technical error in my expressions to magnify before others.

Thank you for allowing my reply

Hi Teresa.

Teresa said: "still go" does not equal "get to". :)  Fine nuance yet it is there.

Yes I agree. 

I don't know why Man Flower Glow said it.

I overlooked it and stayed with the topic which is what I assumed he really intended in his statement.

Hi Teresa. 

Teresa said: Also Tyrone, if you read again, she asked "what do you think??" She is asking for our understanding of God and His ways. Ask her.

Yes I saw that she asked, "what do you think"

I addressed that in my original answer to her.

You would know that if you went back and actually read the posts.

Teresa said: Reading comprehension classes anyone?  :)

Tyrone replies: God is love.

Hi Teresa.

Thank you for sharing your opinion about Samson and whether or not he committed suicide.

I have not seen anything yet from the Bible or the Spirit of prophecy supporting that opinion but I will respect it.

As for false humility and voluntary humility, I have no idea what you are referring to since I said nothing about these things.

Hi Teresa.

Some of us are presenting opinions backed by strong feelings and nothing more. 

I answered Timbertwo's posted question and presented the Bible verses and Spirit of prophecy statements  that were the basis for my answer. Man Flower Glow presented his opinion and nothing else.

The fact that you address my reply instead of ignoring suggests that you are at least reading some portion of it. 

Saying thank you is one of the courtesies that helps me to stay humble and draw nearer my Lord and Savior.

Samson did not killed himself Teresa! Notice carefully his prayer and the actions which followed in Judges 16:28-31.

And Samson called unto the Lord, and said, O Lord God, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.

And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand, and of the other with his left.

And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life.

Then his brethren and all the house of his father came down, and took him, and brought him up, and buried him between Zorah and Eshtaol in the buryingplace of Manoah his father. And he judged Israel twenty years.

From my reading, I have not seen where there is any mention of Samson presumptuously or otherwise killing himself.
And notice what is said of him in Hebrews 11:32-34 - (God never branded him polluted! Careful how we speak about God's representatives whether passed or present!)

And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.

Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

Let us always keep in mind that the things which concerns God are set apart by God for holy use, despite what man may think.

As concerning suicide; as I see it, and from my opinion...one who kills himself is dead and will never again be able with a repentant heart seek forgiveness from God for committing this sinful act against God and himself/herself.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service