Adventist Online

What do you think??

Views: 4848

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Regardless of faith, sometimes illness (depression) can have side effects (death).  Some who commit suicide are ill, not just not trusting God enough.  To blame them for their deaths would be like God blaming the diabetic who dies of diabetic shock for not having their insulin close enough.  God is the judge for a reason....because sometimes we are stupid or prejudgiced or both.  Some mental illness is an illness. Period.  All in God's hands.

By the way, MFG, does that mean since I have six cats, I'm six times more likely to be crazy?!!!  Just couldn't resist asking!!!

lol

my buddy has 5 cats

all strays

im glads to meet people who show wisdom

people who say

IF U COMMIT SUICIDE U WONT GO TO HEAVEN

show no wisdom

No!

"Thou shall not kill"  And killing yourself means you dont trust God in His leading. If life is "too much',keep moving, keep walking. There's someONE who understands it all --- a God to depend on '-)

There is a reference to mental illness in the Spirit of Prophecy, which has been a comfort to me.

"A and B will always be children, and will be restored by the power of the great restorer, when mortals shall have put on immortality. All their sad marks are [then] obliterated. These marks are now a beacon of warning, repeating the history of what intemperance will do."

(8Manuscript Release p.209)

Yes, all in God's hands, as you say.

Based on the bible I would say that if someone commits suicide they will not go to heaven. However, this is a question that only God can really answer. Most people who commit suicide are not thinking clearly. Some may be influenced by mental illness, medication etc to do such things. Only God can truly read the heart and decide. So my answer would be if someone is suicidal advise them of what the bible says first and let them know they can overcome through prayer. And if someone has committed suicide I'd advice their love ones that is in God's hands  to decided and he will decided fairly and justly and that the living know that they shall die but the dead know not anything. 

Reply by Ross Sawyer 1 hour ago

Based on the bible I would say that if someone commits suicide they will not go to heaven.

:)

u mean from your limited understanding of GOD of the BIBLE

the eye u have

see HIM

thru a lense

that suicides go to hell

GOD saved me from seeing HIM like that

i used to see GOD like that

Well, I think the bible is clear that we are not to kill, nor tempt the lord, and we should have respect for our bodies as God's temple. These mandates can not be denied or overlooked. However, only God can judge and only God knows what is in the heart of a human being.  But with that being said I think it would be a dangerous message to instill in others the hope or idea that suicide is an option that God accepts. I know I certainly would not want to be held accountable for telling someone error willfully. I have plenty of my own sins to deal with. So as I subtract I don't need to add more lol.  I think it is better to teach that God is love and that if we have struggles, pain, sadness, whatever ... God loves us, he is always there and  take it to Jesus in prayer.   

I agree. Don't get me wrong if someone I knew was suicidal. I wouldn't start reading the ten commandments to them or deliver a sermon about hellfire.  I'd listen and then I'd try to let them know God loves them and that we all have crosses to bare and we all go through very difficult times. And yes I think it's just as important to pray for them and pray for guidance in counseling them as it is in trying to get them to pray or praying with them. But ultimately they have to decide. And with love and understand plus God's grace hopefully they will choose life and realize their problems are not forever.

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE  CHRISTIAN

THRU THAT LENSE

:(

But killing yourself for no reason or just because your life sucks then you're probably going to hell. 

Killing yourself is like slapping God in the face. -LEO

@ Man Flower:  The truth is there is no hell.  There is the 2nd resurrection of the wicked like those that took their lives ( suicide )  the 2nd death in the lake of fire and brimstone after  1000 years when the saints will be judging the wicked including Satan and his fallen angels. 

It is serious brother that you "add"  and "take away" from God's Word using your own opinions!

Rev. 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Rev.

22:18 I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book:
22:19 and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.

Well, I think the bible is clear that we are not to kill, nor tempt the lord, and we should have respect for our bodies as God's temple. These mandates can not be denied or overlooked. However, only God can judge and only God knows what is in the heart of a human being.  But with that being said I think it would be a dangerous message to instill in others the hope or idea that suicide is an option that God accepts. I know I certainly would not want to be held accountable for telling someone error willfully. I have plenty of my own sins to deal with. So as I subtract I don't need to add more lol.  I think it is better to teach that God is love and that if we have struggles, pain, sadness, whatever ... God loves us, he is always there and  take it to Jesus in prayer.  

I'm not sure what I don't get, but you can explain it to me. I don't think it serves anyone to lead them astray. If someone has already committed suicide I think you have to let their loved ones know that God is the ultimate finisher of our faith and they need to walk closely with God to put the pieces of their own lives back together. I would not advice them that such and such is going to hell cause I simply do not know, that is God's call. 

But if someone is suicidal it's important to let them know that you care and that God cares and that suicide is just not an option. It's not a solution, it's adding to the  problem. Problems do not last forever though they sure may seem to and with suicide you don't have a chance to see a solution or resolution, plus it really effects everyone you know. I would be clear that God does not want them to commit suicide  and they are loved and that he has a better plan for their life even if they cannot see it. Then the rest comes down to faith and prayer.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service