Adventist Online

What do you think??

Views: 4848

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

GBU IRENE

well the rough crowd refrence was the overall comments on this thread TIMBERTWO started

their pic of GOD is like the DARK AGES

AND IT SHOWS

EARLIER IN THIS THREAD

I shared biblical people who have committed suicide

or at least thought of it

and it seems

they ignored the obvious

and clinged to a punitive

exacting

and cause of this image

their over reaching statements bombard this thread

GBU IRENE

I THINK OF U OFTEN

@MFG - thanks for explaining - I didnt really think you meant me also - but was wondering. thanks MFG! 

keep in touch :) God bless ya!

Hiho,

Just asked myself, when i read your lines Carlos, if you will be lost or those people who brought or pushed you in such a situation or refused to help you out of it or ignored your problems?

One thing is for sure: God loves you so much and you are so important for him, that he also died for you, that he watches after you every day. When i was pretty down it was useful for me to look up to Jesus and to take care of my friends problems, cause when i sent my eyes and my thinking there, i wasn't focused on myself and later i saw everything from a different view. (it helps you perhaps).

Btw...most pastors are not educated in psychology and what is even more sad: also in pastoral care, so i also would recommend to seek help outside the church from professionals, if the burden gets to heavy.

It's not uppon us to judge that matters and blame people or push them even deeper into the black whole!! Why is it so hard to just welcome people with those problems and help them out without a pointing and rised finger?? Poke your nose with it "Dude" and put the other arm around those people to spend them comfort and love and the feeling of being important to you!!! Beating up some people with the bible is never the solution :D 

Kind regards...Simon

GBU!

AMEN!

FINALLY

YES YES

Yes it's wise to bring someone onto searching the Bible to let the suicidal friend that suicide is not the option.

Start reading your Bible before you commit suicide, and see what happens....Ask God to guide you when you read. God speaks to those who take time to listen, and He listens to those who take time to pray. God bless you.

Sometimes reading the Bible will reinforce feelings of inadequacy.  When re-directing to read scripture, give them very specific scriptural promises to read.

Speaking as a Licensed Professional Counselor, what they need more of is love, support, and acceptance.    Do NOT leave them by themselves and connect them directly with professional help.  If they are on medication, find out if they have taken it.  Depression  and suicidal ideations come when the serotonin level is very low. While yes this is spiritual and demonic, it manifests in medical and physical means.

Christians need to PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY be there for the person that is depressed and suicidal.     Pray with them and for them.  All to often, this is seen as a passing thing and not as a long-term serious issue.

Consider this did Samson commit suicide when he ask God to let him die with the Philistine?  Did not his request stem from the same source of discouragement, not wanting to go on, a sense of failure, inadequate and other negative connotations, just a thought.

I think Sampson was a bit  depressed, but I think he was also trying to sincerely do what God had asked him to do originally. I think his objective was "Oh God I'm blind and embarrassed please kill me!"  I think his objective was "My God I messed up so badly and I learned a harsh lesson, but now I just want to do your will and I have an opportunity to do that now   even if I must die in this life." 

yes

we as people love to glamorize these things in the bible

i get that!

it was a brutal harsh demonstative dramatic ACT

snuffing out everyone

murder suicide even

even speaking melodramatic words of declaration

HE CAN GO OUT WITH A BANG

OR A WIMPER

A WOE IS ME

OR

A HALLELUHAH

SAMSON  MURDERED HIMSELF

I hear you Ross, his will was to destroy the Philistine but he requested to die with them why? depression leading to his wanting to die.  Yet in Hebrews he is named among the faithfuls

Samson did not commit suicide. The bible says that he had obtained a good report through faith, suicide is the absence of faith. 

Yes Charliebwoyo, he killed himself and guess what folks he will be in heaven. Everything is not just black or white and it is up to God who he graces into heaven.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service