Adventist Online

What do you think??

Views: 4986

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Leslie Ann, where is the Bible proof for what you just said above?

We cannot confess the sins of which we are unaware. Sin is "falling short of the mark," the mark being the perfect character of Jesus Christ.

Are you saying that you realize every detail in which you fall short of Christ's perfect character?

Are you sure that your postings here are exactly what Jesus would say?

You appear to be speaking for God in some of the strong statements  you make, such as that no one who commits suicide will be in heaven. How can you be so sure of your judgment. Is that not violating the very first commandment in making yourself as God?

Inge

No the bible says 

Mt 7:20
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

So I not speaking for God I just stating what he said.

Secondly the Bible says

1Jo 5:16
If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
1Jo 5:17
All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Now this is a topic I not debating I just felt impressed to address the errors I saw your wrote.

Suicide is a sin unto death whether you believe that or not.

God gave every man a conscience so please do not in any way blame God when a person takes his or her own life that is the most selfish act someone can do and God hates selfishness.

You better go get a copy of the Great Controversy and start reading the snares of satan and stop misleading people.

Have a good day

You have not a biblical basis for your judgment that "suicide is a sin unto death."

What MFG says is true. The closer you come to Jesus, the more you will understand His character of love and mercy, and the more love and mercy you will demonstrate towards others.

yes :(

even our ideas can become GOD's

no matter how well meaning!

WE look at the outside and judge

God beholds the inside and intent of the heart.

God bless Leslie Ann

as she walks with JESUS closer she will see MORE MERCY to self and then in return apply it to others

u cant walk with JESUS in close proximity  for long without coming to that conclusion

uh..

if you have a correct Image of GOD :)

Rose may I point out to you that it is not 'fruits of the spirit. but rather 'fruit of the spirit' all the attributes make up the 'fruit'.

blessed

Luke 23:40-41, But the other thief answering rebuked him, saying, “Do you not fear God, seeing you are in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man has done nothing amiss.” Our punishment is fair. We're getting what we deserve. But this man Jesus hasn't done anything wrong. Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” Suppose the person committing suicide said, “I am in the same condemnation. I receive the due reward of my deeds. I am getting what I deserve. Jesus, remember me,” then died. Who am I to say they didn’t repent? I wasn’t there.

Feeling condemned, knowing you deserve to die and asking Jesus to remember you describes the thief, but he did not confess every sin. He was never able to make amends for his many crimes. He did not live to do God's will. We have all felt condemned, we know we deserve to die for the wages of sin is death and we all ask Jesus to remember us when He comes to His kingdom. We are no better than that thief standing before God. All our righteousness is filthy rags. We are not saved because under Jesus’ robe of righteousness, God can see that we are pretty clean, washed up respectably, and doing really well at making ourselves presentable.

Thankfully, we live to make amends. Thankfully, we can learn to forgive each other. Thankfully, we can lift one another up to Jesus in prayer. Thankfully, we can make some difference that we lived at all, and point people to Jesus, trusting in HIS goodness and HIS perfection.

What if you got angry and said something unkind to someone at work, then you went for lunch and a bus hit you and you died, would you be lost? Is it Jesus who saves us or our confessed sins?

For years, I thought attending church, reading my bible and obeying the law would save me, just like Pharisees did.  Working my way to heaven- is that rejecting Jesus? Striving for my own salvation- is that neglecting Jesus' salvation? Adhering to rules alone- is that making rules my god? Either I must save myself or Jesus Saves! Either I must purify myself or Jesus purifies. Either I must work my way to heaven, or Jesus has already earned our place in heaven. Either it’s what I must do, or it’s what Jesus has done.

Numbers 21:9, "So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, he lived." The Israelites grumbled, they did not trust God, wanted things their way and spoke against Moses. God told Moses, “Everyone who simply LOOKS at the bronze serpent will live!” He did not say they had to repent or change, only LOOK and live! Even though the hearts of people were calloused and disobedient, God was gracious, reached down in love to offer forgiveness and deliverance to the people who looked.  They would have died, but God’s love and mercy intervened! The brass serpent represented Jesus on the cross.

No one who is saved will be able to take any of the credit. Our salvation is entirely God’s work, and is based completely on the finished work of Jesus. We were dead in sin, heading for hell, when God in His grace drew us to Himself, showed us our need for a Savior, and gave us power to call Jesus Lord. Anytime we take any credit for the good changes in our life, we have slipped back into salvation by works.  Most people think that in order to reach heaven they must turn from their sinful ways. This belief amounts to salvation by works. Turn from sin in order to get salvation is contradicted by the Gospel of John. The word repentance does not occur in the Gospel of John, whose main purpose is to show people how to obtain eternal life. John 20:31, But these are written, that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you might have life through His name

The way is narrow and few find it although God’s grace is offered to all. If you must turn from sin for salvation, then no one would have eternal life. Salvation would be impossible, because no one has power to turn from sin! All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. If a sinner cuts down on his sinning, he does not cease to be a sinner. Even if a sinner could stop sinning altogether, he would still be a sinner. It takes only one transgression to make us a sinner. James 2:10, For whoever shall keep the whole law, yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. Our only hope of deliverance is the blood of Christ. If the blood of Christ is not sufficient to cover all our sins- past, present, future- then no one can be saved.

If His blood is sufficient, then once we accept salvation by faith in Christ alone, we have eternal life. Telling people to turn from sin for salvation, instead of pointing people to Christ, we focus their efforts at self-reformation. One would worry for the rest of his life if he had turned from a sufficient number of sins, and if he is sorry enough for his sins. God's holiness is so high above us. Anyone who realizes how we fall so far from the mark would be plagued with depression unless they turn their eyes to Jesus and say, "His grace is sufficient for even me."

Pastor Bill Liversidge was kneeling on a stone floor in Latvia with a Russian woman who spent 25 minutes giving herself to God, confessing every known sin in her whole life.  She had a demon problem for 20 years and now she felt free.  But God told Pastor Liversidge, “Rebuke that woman. When you come to Me, you don’t come offering Me something. You come to receive what I have done for you.”  So the Pastor explained to the woman, “When you come offering God something, that is the HEATHEN way.  You spent 25 minutes giving God yourself, yet you haven’t once reached out and taken hold of what He has given you, salvation.”

The thief on the cross died with hundreds of jots and tittles of unconfessed sins. His salvation is not based on his confession, by remembering every sin he committed and going through them all for confession, the Catholics may teach that. He would not have finished his list of sins before he died on that cross.

I know you love Jesus and you are speaking from your horror of the kinds of suicide in Trinidad and Tobago. I personally know people who attempted suicide and a spinal tap revealed meningitis, with another woman brain scans and a spinal tap revealed brain inflammation from lupus, another had an undiagnosed brain tumor, spleen cancer led another to suicidal thoughts, and some people were so badly abused that I cannot speak of the horrors they endured. I could tell you but you would lose sleep over it, as I did.

I thank God that when I am weak, He is strong. When I have need, He supplies. When I have agony, He comforts. Thank you, Leslie, for loving Jesus. Thank you for caring about the families of those who committed suicide. Thank you for being involved enough to express your opinions and beliefs.

B.Misek

To Jesus in His agony on the cross there came one gleam of comfort. It was the prayer of thepenitent thief. Both the men who were crucified with Jesus had at first railed upon Him; and one under his suffering only became more desperate and defiant. But not so with his companion. This man was not a hardened criminal; he had been led astray by evil associations, but he was less guilty than many of those who stood beside the cross reviling theSaviour. He had seen and heard Jesus, and had been convicted by His teaching, but he had been turned away from Him by the priests and rulers. Seeking to stifle conviction, he had plunged deeper and deeper into sin, until he was arrested, tried as a criminal, and condemned to die on the cross. In the judgment hall and on the way to Calvary he had been in company with Jesus. He had heard Pilate declare, “I find no fault in Him.” John 19:4. He had marked His godlike bearing, and His pitying forgiveness of His tormentors.On the cross he sees the many great religionists shoot out the tongue with scorn, and ridicule theLord Jesus. He sees the wagging heads. He hearsthe upbraiding speeches taken up by his companion in guilt: “If Thou be Christ, save Thyself and us.” Among the passers-by he hears many defending Jesus. He hears them repeat His words, and tell of His works. The conviction comes back to him that this isthe Christ. Turning to his fellow criminal he says, “Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?” The dying thieves have no longer anything to fear from man. But upon one of them presses the conviction that there is a God to fear, a future to cause him to tremble. And now, all sin-polluted as it is, his life history is about to close. “And we indeed justly,” he moans; “for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this Man hath done nothing amiss.” {DA 749.3}
There is no question now. There are no doubts, no reproaches. When condemned for his crime, the thief had become hopeless and despairing; but strange, tender thoughts now spring up. He calls to mind all he has heard of Jesus, how He has healed the sick and pardoned sin. He has heard the words of those who believed in Jesus and followed Him weeping. He has seen and read the title above the Saviour’s head. He has heard the passers-by repeat it, some with grieved, quivering lips, others with jesting and mockery. The Holy Spirit illuminates his mind, and little by little the chain of evidence is joined together. In Jesus, bruised, mocked, and hanging upon the cross, he sees the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world. Hope is mingled with anguish in his voice as the helpless, dying soul casts himself upon a dying Saviour. “Lord, remember me,” he cries, “when Thou comest into Thy kingdom.” {DA 750.1}

The thief on the cross did repent of all his sins.

As the books of record are opened in the judgment, the lives of all who have believed on Jesus come in review before God. Beginning with those who first lived upon the earth, our Advocate presents the cases of each successive generation, and closes with the living. Every name is mentioned, every case closely investigated. Names are accepted, names rejected. When any have sins remaining upon the books of record, unrepented of and unforgiven, their names will be blotted out of the book of life, and the record of their good deeds will be erased from the book of God’s remembrance. The Lord declared to Moses: “Whosoever hath sinned against Me, him will I blot out of My book.” Exodus 32:33. And says the prophet Ezekiel: “When the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, ... all his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned.” Ezekiel 18:24{GC 483.1}
I believe that you need to study your bible more so that you can understand the nature of sin and how God hates sin. Also no one will enter heaven if there is one unconfessed sin written in the book of record. I suggest you go and study the book of record, the book of life, the book of death and the book of rememberance and see what is the sole principle these books are for. 
The way to hell is paved with good intentions.

So the thief did not name all his unconfessed sins.  He simply said, "Lord, remember me," and that was sufficient for his salvation. Thank you, Leslie, for presenting us with hope that Jesus can read our hearts as EGW was able to read the thief's heart.

Being depressed is not suicide.
Reply by Ezra Moore 10 minutes ago
Being depressed is not suicide.

ohhh you!

i will post that n ignore that

Ezra Moore :)

GOD BLESS YOU

;)

Rose wow then I will just say haleluah anyhow

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?