Adventist Online

What do you think??

Views: 4986

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

MFG I don't see your examples  as suicides. Depression is some cases yes and those are definitely good to show someone that we all get depressed and may wish to die, but being tempted  or making even a failed attempt at suicide is not the same  as actually killing yourself. Like one of my favorite pastors says once your dead...that's it. In the cases of Samson and Jesus they made self sacrifices. They died for a greater cause that was not about just themselves. 

Samson realized he had mad such great mistakes and sins that it cost him almost everything. God had given Sampson a mission to save his people. Had Sampson did it God's way he would have lived a long full happy life. But Sampson allowed himself to fall to sin and he was made a prisoner. When the opportunity came to redeem himself and complete his mission , he asked God to forgive him and allow him to do what his vanity and lusts  hade prevented him from doing originally  and unfortunately it came at a heavy price. Samson did it the hard way rather than the easy way.

Jesus ddi not kill himself we killed Jesus! Jesus allowed himself to be sacrifced in order to save us much like a soldier taking a bullet to save the live of a civilian or another soldier. it was an act of love.

But suicide is really an act of selfishness. It is wrapped up in  "ME" and often being too self-absorbed. That is often at the core of suicide.  That is why one of the best treatments for someone who is suicidal is to actually talk to others about it. Understand they are not alone and that other people are suffering too.That Jesus suffered., but sorrow does not last always. 

People who are suicidal are usually not thinking clearly at that time and they are holding too much pain inside, so God if someone does cross that line God knows all they were going through and he will decide heaven or hell, but I think one cannot dismiss all the  bible says on this subject. Either the bible is valid or I can start reading National Enquirer from now on and trust that. And i do understand that sometimes it takes a long time to accept truth, but I think God is clearly saying don't kill yourself in the bible.  While God is merciful and loving and his grace covers us all I certainly would not want to jump off a building with the expectation God will save me or allow me in heaven.

It's taking a huge risk that may or may not pan out like the odds in vegas or speeding recklessly down a highway.Does own really want to take that risk??? Or are you better off playing it safe and obeying the law?

ROSS SAWER

hello!

:)

WELL WE DISAGREE ON SOME THINGS AND VERY DISAGREE ON OTHERS

o well!

WHEN I LOOK IN THE BIBLE

I SEE GOD!

I SEE HOW HE WORKS

I REJOICE IN HIM

MAN WHAT A GOD!

IT GETS ME UP EVERY MORNING

AND COMFORTS IN THE NIGHT

i see a GOD who knows hearts

and we are in HIS

its thru that lense

GOD has deep compassion for deep pain!

GBU

ITS ALL OVER THE BIBLE!

SAMSON

ELIJAH

DAVID

and

JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A deeply depressed person is not necessarily thinking of risks the way you suggest. The brain becomes all but paralyzed and stuck on a deep, dark track. Usually those who commit suicide feel they are of no value to God or man. They don't see themselves as having anything to lose. So telling them that by committing suicide, they are going to hell is not likely to help them.

Elijah wanted to die when he was depressed. Did God send and angel to scold him and tell him he should not even think of suicide? (According to the  Bible, if hating is murder, thinking of suicide is sin as well.)

God's thoughts are not the same as so many sure thoughts expressed on this list. He sent an angel to comfort Elijah and provide strengthening food. That food clearly contained anti-depressants. :)

What a God!

Inge be that as it may if a depressed person commits suicide he will not go to heaven God does not change.

Ronald amen the people who believes that someone can actually commit suicide and still go to heaven do not know God and their bible and they are holding on a dark doctrines which is a snare of satan.. YOU SHALL NOT SURELY DIE oh how familiar this sounds.

Are you  sure you know the hearts of people who post here -- that they "do not know God"?

Isn't that a judgment that God has reserved for Himself?

Ronald truly anyone who commits suicide do not know God. 

2Ti 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Ro 8:39
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Anyone who believes otherwise can go right ahead but that will just be based on their beliefs not the Bible.

Hello Leslie and Ron,

Well...some people are murdered and it is made to look like a suicide it  happens all the time. There are people who sit in judgement on that person saying they will not be in heaven and that is why we are not suppose to judge because we don't have all the facts. Suicide or not, us humans do not decide who is in the book of life, we are not the authors. NOT ONE OF US CAN SAY WHO WILL BE AND WHO WON'T BE IN HEAVEN...PERIOD! THAT IS THE ONLY POINT BEING MADE HERE BY OTHERS YOU ARE BICKERING WITH. God sees us differently and he sees all...we don't.

MFG,  you wrote:

JESUS DIED TO SAVE YOU FROM ALL YOUR SINS NOT JUST THE ONES U REMEMBER TO ASK FORGIVENESS FOR!

ALL YOUR SINS ARE COVERED NOT JUST THE ONES U KNOW ABOUT

WE OFFEND OTHERS AND MOCK JESUS TO OTHERS AND DONT EVEN KNOW IT

Thank you for that reminder. If that were not true, we would all be in a hopeless position.

Only a very low view of the holiness of God and the requirements of God's law can allow anyone to feel secure while believing that only confessed sins are forgiven. While it is true that we are to confess our sins, we can only confess those sins of which we are aware. And there is so much of which we are unaware -- which is probably a good thing, because we would be overwhelmed with despair if we were faced will all our sins at once.

That said, the nearer we come to Christ, the more sinful we will appear in our own eyes - by contrast. But we will not despair, but will cling more closely to Him who is our salvation. And the closer we are to Christ, the more self-distrustful we will be, recognizing the fallibility of our own reasoning and our own judgment. The closer we are to Him the more we will be willing to leave in His hands.

QUESTION

Is  this  a  cry  for  help?

i think TIMBERTWO is being thought provoking

Leslie Ann  and all u preciouse smart insightful folks!

we may have to make a different thread on this cause its not suicide scenerio but about sin and repentance and forgiveness but im gonna share a story with u about a christian man

lets call him

BIFF!

BIFF became a christian 3 years ago and he was convicted shortly after that his anger/temper was a sin that both took away his peace and hurt his testimony with family and co workers.

BIFF has repented and gave it to the LORD with tears many times

but it keeps coming back at the worst moments when blindsided by a hurt or an afront

BIFF loves the LORD!

one morning he is late for an important meeting and being late might cost BIFF his job

BIFF is going too fast on the highway [which is another sin..though a frw might disagree]

all of the sudden a slow small white car comes in on the ramp and cuts him off and BIFF has to punch the brakes or he would have rear ended that small  white car

BIFFS hot GRAIN beverage[that was on the car coaster] spills and burns his lap

BIFF gets angry and even curses

just then an 18 wheeler side swipes BIFF and BIFF loses control of his car and jumps the highway into the bay and he cant get out and drowns!

BIFF had no  chance no time and even no thought to repent and ask GOD for forgiveness for

anger

,cursing,

going too fast

and wanting to givie a knuckle sandwich

to the dear old church lady in that small white car!

WILL BIFF BE IN HEAVEN?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by