Adventist Online

What do you think??

Views: 4986

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Why don't we leave the hypothetical questions out of it.

Reply by Ezra Moore 1 minute ago

Why don't we leave the hypothetical questions out of it.

u dont have to respond!
i wont make you   :)

you can respond to BIBLICAL HARD FACTS  i gave a few with my understanding attached!

the choice is yours
and the choice is mine

there is no rule against such

GOD BLESS YOU EZRA i still forgive u
i hope u forgive me
i hope you wont  let unforgiveness stand between u and heaven

MsMS

u wrote

I do not believe, generally speaking, many of most suicides will go to heaven BUT I also do not believe ALL suicides will be lost!  My heart agreed with much of what MFG had to say.  I like the deep compassion of his responses because God is a God of deep compassion and more importantly, a God who reads the soul of each of His children in a way that none of us can.  I believe there are circumstances where someone being that despondent and not having had the opportunity to come to really know who God is and have enough faith to see through the dark clouds while yet do not reject what they do know of Him, may in His mercy and love save some.  One has to think of poor Samson, who is to say he is not saved even though he actually committed suicide.  The Philistines brought him down to the point that in his grief and sorrow, he ended it.  It was a result of his own sins, that is true, but is not all our grief mostly because of our own sins?

I just believe we should leave this question to God because we do not really know the answer.  Yes, we can state, "thou shalt not kill" all the while we daily kill ourselves because of our weaknessess through our diets, etc.  Before Jesus comes, all sin will be overcome through the "blood of the Lamb" because no one can stand before a holy God face to face without an intercessor with "one spot or wrinkle" but before that longed-for character is fully worked out in us, I think we should err on the side of mercy and not make a blanket statement.  Just my thoughts from someone who needs much mercy.   

o my WONDERFUL GOD!

yes yes

finally someone who understands the GRACE that has been implemented in their own life can see how important it is to funnel that to others as well!

yes if im wrong be on the side of mercy

JESUS  is  1 cor 13 love personafied!

in everyway

i dont think many let those words roll over their wounded spirits

MsMs

Well that is your thought but i stick to mine suicides will not go to heaven and i ent buttering it up for no one.

MsMs

my dear sister you have to learn a lot of how God hates sin and you need to understand what sin entails. we all need the mercy of God but it is not suppose to make us be sympathizers of sin else we are a partaker of other mens sins.

1Ti 5:22
Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure.

I think the problem with this thread and may others is it is something no man can answer on an individual basis. Only God can answer this. It almost reminds me of when Jesus was asked hypothetically which brother that died  would be married to the bride they all married.

However, I think there are certain truths the bible teaches.

1. Don't kill or harm yourself and always trust God and pray (so you don't have to ever worry about suicide)

2. Seek God, pray and ask for the Holy Spirits ( so you will gain self control, a sweet temper and victor over sin and you won't end up cussing and cursing in your last moments like BIFF)

3. Ask God who you should marry and pray about it a lot before you choose and marry.

-Happy Sabbath!

"Leading to Suicide—The world, who act as though there were no God, absorbed in selfish pursuits, will soon experience sudden destruction, and shall not escape. Many continue in the careless gratification of self until they become so disgusted with life that they kill themselves."{2MCP 726.1}

"We are living in the midst of an “epidemic of crime,” at which thoughtful, God-fearing men everywhere stand aghast. The corruption that prevails, it is beyond the power of the human pen to describe. Every day brings fresh revelations of political strife, bribery, and fraud. Every day brings its heart-sickening record of violence and lawlessness, of indifference to human suffering, of brutal, fiendish destruction of human life. Every day testifies to the increase of insanity, murder, and suicide. Who can doubt that satanic agencies are at work among men with increasing activity to distract and corrupt the mind, and defile and destroy the body?"—The Ministry of Healing, 142, 143{ChS 53.2}

The world needs today what it needed nineteen hundred years ago—a revelation of Christ. A great work of reform is demanded, and it is only through the grace of Christ that the work of restoration, physical, mental, and spiritual, can be accomplished.—The Ministry of Healing, 142, 143 (1905){CH 25.3}

It is a terrible thing for a man to die without faith...

There is no "once saved always saved"... I think we all accept that, and any one of us can lose salvation. We come down to the fact that all our previous experience with God counts for nothing in the day that we fall away and yield to despair.

Eze 3:20 "Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity...he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered..."

my heart thrills when i satiate my soul with HIS FORGIVENESS AND LOVE toward me of that im not worthy

and my heart is buoyed when i see my fellow bros and sis in CHRIST sharing HIS GRACE to an uneasy topic/scenerio/people on post

and ESP.  in real life

my goodness!

God's character does not only consists of love he also is a God of wrath.

Dear brothers and sisters,

I am wondering, if we are really allowing God's Spirit to guide us.

Does anyone consider this, that someone who might be considering suicide will be reading this?

It's scary what is being said here by some.

It's actually encouraging suicide to some extent.

David and many other biblical characters may have considered the thought, but the fact remains they never committed it.

That's the difference.

Thinking about it is bad already and as the thought grows it becomes a reality for that person.

I totally disagree wiht this,that Jesus committed suicide in order to save us.

How can someone ever think like that?

He gave Him life up to save us...don't confuse the two.

We are not God.

We can experience thoughts of suicide and depressions and all sorts of emotions.

That is natural.

But to promote that suicidals will be in heaven is VERY DANGEROUS!!

Stop encouraging suicide.

Anyone who cherishes these thoughts need professional help.

Feeling out a suicidal person is a tough thing to do.

Let's not promote this serious illness.

It's not good.

Better yet advice people considering or cherishing these thoughts to seek help.

Whether professionally or through a church prayer group.

I personally don't believe that killing yourself will help you to enter heaven or else it would be ok for all of us to do it.

When God says thou shalt not kill, no matter how we try to fit it to suit our personal feelings about a subject would not change what God says.

He says not to do it and that is final!!

We must learn to stop adding to what God has already said.

Careful people...please I caution you when speaking your feelings.

I rather we speak facts.

I also believe we should use our prayerlife to pray for these individuals.

We don't have to know them but we can pray that God will intercede on their behalf before it has to come to suicide.

Blessings to all...

Sweets

I say amen to this you are totally correct. I believe that people who actually go through with suicide are selffish and only self is filled in them because if they think of others and what God has done for them they will not go through with it. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service