Adventist Online

What do you think??

Views: 4993

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

MsMs

If your position is that one will not go to heaven if they commit suicide then state that but do not go around in circles agreeing in one instance and disagreeing in another. Just simple state plainly and leave the rest up to God.

@sweets. I dont think anyone is promoting suicide. I think some are just saying that we cant really say if they will go there or not! only God knows. also with the fact some who commit suicide - may not have gotten a chance to know God - read the bible!~God will judge us all fairly! this is not saying suicide is ok or that they will deft go to heaven. only saying - God only knows! its for Him to say - not us! no one is saying suicide is okay!! no way!! of course its wrong! but its not up to us to say if they go to heaven or not! i yet to still find the bible text that says we are not to question this!! hopefully find it soon!

As the books of record are opened in the Judgment, the lives of all who have believed on Jesus come in review before God. Beginning with those who first lived upon the earth, our Advocate presents the cases of each successive generation, and closes with the living. Every name is mentioned, every case closely investigated. Names are accepted, names rejected. When any have sins remaining upon the books of record, unrepented of and unforgiven, their names will be blotted out of the book of life, and the record of their good deeds will be erased from the book of God’s remembrance. The Lord declared to Moses, “Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.” [Exodus 32:33.] And says the prophet Ezekiel, “When the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, ... all his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned.” [Ezekiel 18:24.] {GC88 483.1}

There is no cut and dry answer - it's a judgement call only God can make.

Only God knows *exactly* what the dear soul is going through at the moment they commit suicide.

While it is killing (of oneself) God has to make the final call - but the call He may make is that it is worthy of the second death, so I wouldn't say yea or nay - It is God's call.

But what a gamble - there is another way out - cry unto Him and He will hear.

Eddie

Isa 58:1
Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

I don't follow...

Eddie

Do not condone sin suicide is sin and when you dead you cannot repent and unrepented sins remains in the book of life. Too much info in the Word of God to say 'God is the judge' tell it like it is brother do not give a suicidal hope.

Hey Leslie Ann,

I am not condoning sin, my dear sister. It is sin, but God is indeed a merciful judge. He does not take repentant sinners into heaven because they say a prayer of repentance just before they die - this is a clock in - clock out kind of salvation - God looks at the heart.

For the most part, yes, suicide cases *may* lose eternal life, but we cannot make a judgement because only God knows the heart.

Eddie

are you saying that besides the fact that a person takes life which they did not create God will weigh the reason he/she did it and find some still deserving for heaven??

Sorry my brother this makes no sense at all

No - it makes no sense. God taking the form of an innocent man and dying in my stead does not make sense either, sis.

Believe me when I say, I cannot say yea or nay in this matter - He is judge. With my finite mind I can see some circumstances that call for mercy - I'm sure God can too. He is a God of justice, but thank Him that He is merciful.

This love and mercy will not make the hopeless soul think more on suicide - it will give them hope to go on.

This love and mercy will not make the hopeless soul think more on suicide - it will give them hope to go on.

AMEN!

@ Eddie, question...Can one repent after one has already died?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service