Adventist Online

"God suffered him to fall under the power of Satan......hid him in the grave from those who were constantly drawing him from the truth"

" I saw that William Miller erred as he was soon to enter the heavenly Canna, in suffering his influence to go against the truth. Others led him to this; others must account for it. But the angels watch the precious dust of this servant of God, and he will come forth at the sound of the last trump." EW 258.

Question: does the bible teach that other will take account for our sins. 2nd, How did she know William Miller would be saved for sure, before his sins had been "blotted out" in the investigative judgment.

Views: 1286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1. from the passage, it sounds like miller wasn't sinning a sin unto death - he wasn't fully accountable

(1 john 5:16-17)...

2. this is an "i saw" statement...egw is recording what she saw in vision, obviously after the investigative judgement had concluded...

Hello Keith

I have read this quote before, and been perplexed by it. However, after it was posted previously, I think that I it was necessary to canonize, William Miller because of his significance to the early church. There may have been some confusion that William Miller did not join the advent movement, so this may have served as a point of confusion, or inconsistency. Therefore, providing an answer regarding his ultimate salvation, allows the church to continue to hold them in high regard despite his inability to follow the Sabbath message.

In regards to his ultimate salvation. I guess that is the inconsistency with the investigative judgment. Sister White pronounced judgment on several people, which is inconsistent with the IJ in which judgment is being worked out by Christ currently in the heavenly sanctuary. I believe that Alan White's reference to William Miller entering the heavenly sanctuary soon reflected her believe that the investigative judge was going to be short, and all of the bad that believers are going to enter heaven soon. As it became evident that Christ was not going to return in Ellen White's lifetime, these beliefs change significantly and the focus of the church became more on evangelism, then in marshaling the troops to prepare for Christ coming and impending persecution. I also believe, that the defeat of the Sunday laws in Congress in the United States of America also significantly change the focus of the church from setting specific dates predicting the exact season of Christ return, to focusing on the eschatology of end times events, and the uniqueness of Adventism as it fits into those events.

Leon

leon,

did she pronounce stern warnings or judgement as in, you, heaven you hell?

Mutinta

In regard to Wm Miller the question will be on the validity of EGW's testimony. If you believe that she was a messenger of God then there should be no problem having faith in her writings. If you do not believe that she was a messenger of God then the answer must be that it could not "be know" that Miller is resting awaiting the resurrection of the saved.

Hello Mutinta

I was responding to this statement, regarding her ability to approve of heaven for Miller. If she is simply repeating Paul's statement regarding the assurance of the saints, then she is reflecting the spirit. However, if she is determining who is going to be in heaven (lost,) I would be cautious in believing those statements.

Leon

On question #1, yes, others can be held accountable, But that does not mean that the sinner is not held accountable.

Eze 33:6  "But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand."

#2, EGW received a vision from God demonstrating that WM will be in the kingdom. It is not coincidence that he died a premature death. All is providential.  If you want to understand the life of William Miller, I would suggest the following book,

https://archive.org/details/sketchesofchrist00whit

Sorry to offend but William Miller was a false prophet. He preached and led people to believe in a set date for the return of Christ. Yes he may have been led by others to do it but he still did it. God will do what is right. We should be grateful for the ministry of Ellen G White and our pioneers but the unbalanced focus and attention given to the SOP in preference over the Bible (as is evidenced all over these boards) is running people in the opposite direction. Why are you using Ellen White to validate the meaning and your understanding of Scripture? AOL has been an interesting experience but for the most part the stuff that is posted is blabbering blubber that is hindering my Christian experience. God Bless and good night.

THE BIBLE MAY BE USED TO VALIDATE EGW, BUT EGW CANNOT BE USED TO VALIDATE THE BIBLE.

true

Hello Jim

I am starting to agree. The largest book never written by Ellen White is "Sister White says," And it is used to replace the daily work of the Holy Spirit. As I stated before we would be better off if we steppd away from the SOP for a while to gain a fresh perspective.

Leon

Some of us already came from a "fresh perspective" and weren't raised up in the church. 

No offense taken my friend. You work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.  Truth is truth whether we accept it or not, or whether we reject Gods prophets or not. 

1 thes 5:20: "Despise not prophesying" 

Jim nothing should hinder your christian experience if you keep your eyes on Christ. Its our own decision if we decide to fall away from Christ. William Miller never said he was a prophet he was only teaching what he understood. Without his misunderstanding we would not have studied more in this direction 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service