Adventist Online

"God suffered him to fall under the power of Satan......hid him in the grave from those who were constantly drawing him from the truth"

" I saw that William Miller erred as he was soon to enter the heavenly Canna, in suffering his influence to go against the truth. Others led him to this; others must account for it. But the angels watch the precious dust of this servant of God, and he will come forth at the sound of the last trump." EW 258.

Question: does the bible teach that other will take account for our sins. 2nd, How did she know William Miller would be saved for sure, before his sins had been "blotted out" in the investigative judgment.

Views: 1278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Keith The passage says thus:

As the books of record are opened in the Judgment, the lives of all who have believed on Jesus come in review before God. Beginning with those who first lived upon the earth, our Advocate presents the cases of each successive generation, and closes with the living. Every name is mentioned, every case closely investigated. Names are accepted, names rejected. When any have sins remaining upon the books of record, unrepented of and unforgiven, their names will be blotted out of the book of life, and the record of their good deeds will be erased from the book of God’s remembrance. The Lord declared to Moses, “Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.” [Exodus 32:33.] And says the prophet Ezekiel, “When the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, ... all his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned.” [Ezekiel 18:24.]{GC88 483.1}

I can not see how that differ from the Bible that says the same thing:

Joh 3:15  That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Either you are forgiven or you are not where is the difficulty?

Hello  Ian

I am responding to Jason in your thread because he didn't have a reply link. Sorry for the intrusion.

Jason here is the verse.

“As I looked,

“thrones were set in place,
    and the Ancient of Days took his seat.
His clothing was as white as snow;
    the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
    and its wheels were all ablaze.
10 A river of fire was flowing,
    coming out from before him.
Thousands upon thousands attended him;
    ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him.
The court was seated,
    and the books were opened.

Leon

That is another way of changing subject that I have not seen before.

Stewart,

Dan. 7:26 seems to say to me that the little horn is the one being judged, and his dominion is being taken away, in favor of the Saints.

Keith

"But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his [i.e. the little horn's] dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end." (Dan 7:26)

I see your point here Keith, but must we understand that the little horn is the only one being judged?

I don't know if the little horn is the only one being judged or not. Even though I have been taught about this for years, I'm not sure I have a perfect understanding of the subject. But it does kind of make sense to me that that's who we are talking about. But I'm here to learn.

Keith

Stewart,

I've been sitting here reading Dan.7over and over trying to understand it and noticed, it says "ten kings came out of this kingdom" I have always understood the ten Barbarian tribes over through Rome, but this says came out of Rome. No wonder Daniel got upset with these visions. Seems I have it down pat, then everything changes. What's your understanding?

Keith

Keith,

"And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings." (Dan 7:24)

I understand that the Daniel 7 prophecy is speaking about succession -- one empire succeeding another. The last of the great empires was that of Imperial Rome. I do agree that the ten Barbarian tribes overthrew Rome, but I suggest that they "came out" of Rome in the sense that the Ten Kingdoms were the successors (or descendants) of Imperial Rome.

True, the Barbarian tribes were not part of the Imperial Roman Empire (they were not simply rebellious Roman provinces), but again, I understand that they did come out of, or arise out of, the ruins of the former Empire. They stood up and established themselves on the ruins of the once great Empire.

Going back to the verse for a minute,

"And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another [horn] shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings." (7:24)

This other horn that rises up after the Ten, is, I believe, the Papacy. And so, one of the lessons of Dan 7:24 is that the Papacy would not come into prominence until the Roman Empire had disintegrated (i.e. not until the Ten had come out, or 'arisen' out, of the ruins of the Roman Empire.)  This other horn would then go on to "subdue" three of the Barbarian kingdoms.

Srewart,

One more interesting point, I believe me I question my own understanding, But as I read in history there were probably more than twenty tribes, just how have we chosen the ten?

Probably not a salvation issue.

Keith

Point of interest. I read an account about the ten kings which suggested there were ten Caesar's during  the Roman empire. Nero, was not in the line of succession and had three of his cousins killed in order to come to power. Now don't think I'm preaching this but it is interesting.

Keith

Stewart

The mistake of many eschatologist is they look for literal or specific entities to that are represented by the figurative. The interpretation is specific in regards to world empires, but as it progresses it represents the Devils influence on religion and the world in opposition to God. Consider the fourth beast, which begins as Rome, but then expands to corruption within Christianity, to the current days of worldliness in which religion has been significantly diminished. The interpretations of the ten Kingdoms has been defined and re-defined over the centuries. These arguments are inconsequential to salvation, and while God may have provided broad strokes, we are not provided with the specific details, nor do we need them. 

God has given us enough evidence for us to have faith in him. Speculation regarding eschatology helps to build false confidence in interpretation and lessens our focus on Christ. If we desire to abide in Christ and follow the direction of the Spirit , we need not worry about the traps of the Devil.

Leon

Leon

that is interesting view you have of the Bible, I wonder why you can not extend that to EG White? 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service