Adventist Online

"God suffered him to fall under the power of Satan......hid him in the grave from those who were constantly drawing him from the truth"

" I saw that William Miller erred as he was soon to enter the heavenly Canna, in suffering his influence to go against the truth. Others led him to this; others must account for it. But the angels watch the precious dust of this servant of God, and he will come forth at the sound of the last trump." EW 258.

Question: does the bible teach that other will take account for our sins. 2nd, How did she know William Miller would be saved for sure, before his sins had been "blotted out" in the investigative judgment.

Views: 1255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hebrews  10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 

10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Numbers  15:28 And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly,.... and it shall be forgiven him. 

15:30 But the soul that doeth [ought] presumptuously, [whether he be] born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
15:31 Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity [shall be] upon him.
[perfect example--->]15:32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.

Ellen White also said Nero closes his probation, when he rejected the testimony of Paul:

"Never before had Nero heard the truth as he heard it on this occasion. Never before had the enormous guilt of his own life been so revealed to him. The light of heaven pierced the sin-polluted chambers of his soul....... {AA 496.1}
     "....That moment the invitation of mercy was extended even to him. But only for a moment was the thought of pardon welcomed. Then the command was issued that Paul be taken back to his dungeon; and as the door closed upon the messenger of God, the door of repentance closed forever against the emperor of Rome. No ray of light from heaven was ever again to penetrate the darkness that enveloped him. Soon he was to suffer the retributive judgments of God. {AA 496.2}

And Judas:

"But Judas was not yet wholly hardened.... there was opportunity for repentance.......... But the last appeal of love was unheeded. Then the case of Judas was decided, and the feet that Jesus had washed went forth to the betrayer's work. {DA 720.3}

He knew that Judas did not repent; his confession was forced from his guilty soul by an awful sense of condemnation and a looking for of judgment .[Heb. 10:27] .. {DA 722.2}  

So, there are many doors as there are people.  People close their own door against themselves, when their "conscience [is] seared with a hot iron", (1 Tim. 4:2).  In some cases they close the door in groups, even as sometimes they receive truth in groups.

So, the belief that people can close this door on themselves, and that eventually all will decide for or against the truth, before the final judgment, is an Adventist teaching, and can be supported by Scripture.  All I've heard from you, Leon, is your opposition to Adventist teachings.  How much Adventist doctrine do you actually accept?  What gives validity to your claim to be an Adventist?  Why should I call you a brother?  Are you not a brother to idolaters?

2 Cor.  6:16 ..what agreement hath the temple of God with idols?

You said you were a "Christian counselor".  Do you not do this service for Catholics, in the Catholic church?  Or, what church do you work for?

Hello Rush

The door of probation closing is a one time event in revelation. And yes we can close our own door by rejecting the Holy Spirit, but that is for God to decide an no one else; you, I, Ellen White or any other saint cannot decide the fate of any human being.  

It is interesting that I agree with the bulk of the Adventist Message (doctrine as indicated by the 28,) but disagree with a few (Ellen White as a prophet, the IJ, and the Sunday law being the mark of the beast,) and I am somehow in opposition to the Church, or a Catholic.  This is evidene of paranoid thinking, one who has been indoctrinated to respond to all people who are in disagreement as the enemy. There are many organizations that disagree with Adventism, why do you choose to think that only catholics are out to get you. 

Rush I don't know you, but I do love you and want you to have a healthier Christian life. I know that it is impossible to do so if you don't have a personal relationship with Christ through the Holy Spirit. You don't have to anticipate threats that are non existant, but you do have to meet your obligation to Christ in service to others. Doctrine will not save you, but knowing Christ and living according to his will by loving and serving others is the evidence of Grace.

Leon  

Hello Ian

Good question

No, I don't throw out the baby with the bath water. Ellen White wrote many things that I know were inspired and I believe in them. However, I don't believe she was a prophet and know that she was influenced by others who held to some doctrinal errors. I am not convinced that there are modern day prophets in the sense of Daniel or Elijah. From my understanding (which is finite so I could be wrong,) God poured out his spirit on all men; therefore the gift of prophecy or prophesizing is open to many saints. Thus, I believe that inspiration comes from many sources that collectively relfect the voice of God. Putting so much weight on one person in my experience leads to lazy Christianity in which people fail to seek their personal mission from Christ, but are able to glean their ideology from another person. Instead of what does the Spirit want for me personally, people say what does the SOP say. In doing this they supplant the SOP for the actual living I AM (Holly Spirit.) Many SDA's may say that the SOP is God, so what is the problem. The problem is that there is no document or doctrine that can morph into dealing with all suituations at all times. Yet, God can. We must seek out and idvidual relationship with God. This means we read scripture seeking personal insight from a living God. If we look at scripture or the SOP apart from the living God, then we have a form of religion with no relationship.

Leon  

Leon

I do not believe one word you say as a Jesuit you are just here to scatter and destroy.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service