Adventist Online

I have heard from so many people who go to many non- adventist churches for healing. They say pastors from such churches can heal them. Some adventists even go there in secret, especially if they believe they are being bewitched or demon possessed.

From the scriptutres we have verses like:

Matthew 7: 20, 22 - 23

7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 
 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Also Matthew 24: 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

And Revelation 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.

The question is,  Since this pastors prophess to be christians while they are not, Then those who recieve healing, is it the devil healing them or is it just a wonder????

Views: 507

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brother Barek, grace and peace.

True healing comes only in following and obeying God's health laws. In the time of Christ there were miraculous healings, without a doubt, but because of the counterfeit, in our day, God has not chosen such methods to heal. DO NOT BE DECEIVED, my friend.

God bless, Scott.

True healing comes only in following and obeying God's health laws

This statement contradicts what the Bible teaches.

In the time of Christ there were miraculous healings, without a doubt, but because of the counterfeit, in our day, God has not chosen such methods to heal.

Scott,there is NO counterfeit in true healing.Whether hands are layed upon us,whether we cry out in prayer,whether we attend a service,or whether we follow a specific diet plan;when we are healed it is through FAITH.

Dear Brother Barek, grace and peace.

If what I have said contradicts, in any way, what the Bible says, then, please do me the courtesy and show me.

2 Chr 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Psalm 103:17 But the mercy of the LORD [is] from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;   103:18 To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them. "IF", is the beginning of the promise. All of Gods promises are conditional to obedience on our part, and yes, you have to have faith in something in order to obey it.

The sicknesses of Jesus time were for the purpose of glorifying God, not because of sin.

John 9:1 And as [Jesus] passed by, he saw a man which was blind from [his] birth.   9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?   9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.   9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Psalm 31:10 For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed.

Proverbs 28:9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer [shall be] abomination.

1 Corinthians 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which [temple] ye are.

1 Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

To neglect Gods health Laws is to neglect and defile the Temple of God (YOUR BODY). To defile the Temple brings certain destruction.

Leviticus 26:21 And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.

It should be clear by now that sickness comes from sin, healing from obedience, yes , by faith, but not presumptuously, but by acting upon your faith and doing the Will of God.

I pray this is of some help to you.

God bless, Scott.

The sicknesses of Jesus time were for the purpose of glorifying God, not because of sin

It should be clear by now that sickness comes from sin, healing from obedience, yes , by faith, but not presumptuously, but by acting upon your faith and doing the Will of God

Does not healing today also glorify the Lord? Also,from your statements I'd like to know if you are claiming that not following a vegan diet is "sin".

My Brother Barek, grace and peace.

Are you asking me a question with "Does not healing today also glorify the Lord?", or are you making a statement?

If a question, then "yes", would be my answer.

If a statement, then please give evidence from scripture and Spirit of Prophecy.

As to what sin is, scripture is clear and leaves us in no doubt, for God is not a god of confusion.

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Now concerning a vegan diet...or not, again, scripture is clear.

1 Corinthians 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

Sister White, who is Gods messenger, and who, if we reject, are also rejecting The One who sent her, states clearly....

Education Better Than Miraculous Healing 
     Some have asked me, "Why should we have sanitariums? Why should we not, like Christ, pray for the sick, that they may be healed miraculously?" I have answered, "Suppose we were able to do this in all cases; how many would appreciate the healing? Would those who were healed become health reformers, or continue to be health destroyers?"  {CME 34.2}       Jesus Christ is the Great Healer, but He desires that by living in conformity with His laws, we may co-operate with Him in the recovery and the maintenance of health. Combined with the work of healing there must be an imparting of knowledge of how to resist temptations. Those who come to our sanitariums should be aroused to a sense of their own responsibility to work in harmony with the God of truth.                                                                            35 {CME 34.3}       We cannot heal. We cannot change the diseased conditions of the body. But it is our part, as medical missionaries, as workers together with God, to use the means that He has provided. Then we should pray that God will bless these agencies. We do believe in a God; we believe in a God who hears and answers prayer. He has said, "Ask, and ye shall receive; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."--Medical Ministry, p. 13.  {CME 35.1}

And furthermore....

When Prayer for Healing Is Presumption 
     Many have expected that God would keep them from sickness merely because they have asked Him to do so. But God did not regard their prayers, because their faith was not made perfect by works. God will not work a miracle to keep those from sickness who have no care for themselves, but are continually violating the laws of health and make no efforts to prevent disease. When we do all we can on our part to have health, then may we expect that the blessed results will follow, and we can ask God in faith to bless our efforts for the preservation of health. He will then answer our prayer, if His name can be glorified thereby. But let all understand that they have a work to do. God will not work in a miraculous manner to preserve the health of persons who are taking a sure course to make themselves sick, by their careless inattention to the laws of health.  {CME 35.2}       Those who will gratify their appetite, and then suffer because of their intemperance, and take drugs to relieve them, may be assured that God will not interpose to save health and life which are so recklessly periled. The cause has produced the effect. Many, as their last resort, follow the directions in the Word of God, and request the prayers of the elders of the church for their restoration to health. God does not see fit to answer prayers offered in behalf of such, for He knows that if they should be restored to health, they would again sacrifice it upon the altar of unhealthy appetite.--Medical Ministry, pp. 13, 14.  {CME 35.3}

I hope and pray this , not only answers your question, but helps you understand more fully. 

God bless you, Scott.

Now concerning a vegan diet...or not, again, scripture is clear.

1 Corinthians 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not

You take a single verse and wrap your idea around it,but this is folly.

The verses following 1 Corinthians 10:23 remove the claim you sell .

To suggest a non-vegan diet to be sin simply contradicts scripture.

1 Corinthians 10:23-30 NKJV

23 All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.
24 Let no one seek his own, but each one the other’s well-being.
25 Eat whatever is sold in the meat market, asking no questions for conscience’ sake;
26 for “the earth is the LORD’s, and all its fullness.”
27 If any of those who do not believe invites you to dinner, and you desire to go, eat whatever is set before you, asking no question for conscience’ sake.
28 But if anyone says to you, “This was offered to idols,” do not eat it for the sake of the one who told you, and for conscience’ sake; for “the earth is the LORD’s, and all its fullness.”
29 “Conscience,” I say, not your own, but that of the other. For why is my liberty judged by another man’s conscience?
30 But if I partake with thanks, why am I evil spoken of for the food over which I give thanks?

Hi ALL, grace and peace.

I wrote in an earlier post; "The sicknesses of Jesus time were for the purpose of glorifying God, not because of sin"

Please forgive me as this could easily be misinterpreted and therefore prove a stumbling block to some.

I would just like to clarify, so as not to leave any confusion.

It is clear that some of the miracles worked by Jesus were, specifically, for the purpose of glorifying God i.e. the blind man from birth. Everything that Jesus did was to glorify God, for He did not do His own will, but that of He who sent Him.However it is clear that some, who were healed, were sick because of sin, again scripture is clear.

But when I said; "The sicknesses of Jesus time were for the purpose of glorifying God, not because of sin." I meant that, every miracle that Jesus performed, it was for the purpose of Glorifying God, not because the people have not sinned. Of course, we know, they had.

The sicknesses and illnesses that people suffer today are there because of their transgressions.

Psalm 31:10 For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed.

God bless, Scott.

The question which I intend to answer is: "Is it the devil healing them, or is it just a wonder????"  And as basis for this reply is an article which appeared in the Review and Herald, now Adventist Review, several years ago, entitled, "NOT ALL HEALING IS OF THE LORD."  That article narrates the story of a lady who had been in a  traffic accident, in which one of her feet was crippled and deformed.  She had survived, and had requested prayer for healing from the church.

One day, she received an invitation from a few non-SDA friends regarding a Healing Crusade nearby, to which she was invited to attend.  Her curiusity was aroused, and she decided to attend.  While people were being healed on the platform after every prayer by the faith healer, she suddenly felt a warm sensation on her crippled foot.  She looked down, and she saw a slow change taking place.  Her crippled foot was slowly restored to its original situation prior to the accident.  At the close of the meeting, she stood, and realize she no longer needed the crutches she had used to go to the meeting.

The following Sabbath, she reported to the brethren what happened to her foot, and many shook her hand in thanks for the miracle which had occurred.  Almost everyone in the church was glad, except the church pastor.  He told her of his reservations regarding the source of the healing.  He asked her to read EGWhite writings regarding healing.  (I had read ths reference material, and I think it was from Early Writings.)

The lady, after reading the reference given by her pastor, began to have turmoil about her foot.  Her longings was to keep the healing, she had not walked without crutches for a long time.  It felt good to be normal again.  On the other hand, the thought that her healing may not be of God bothered her.  She went to her pastor again, and he encouraged her to pray regarding the matter.  After several agonizing days, she decided that if the healing is not from the Lord, she will not have anything to do with it.  So she prayed, something like this, "Lord, if this healing is not from Thee, I do not wish to have it."  After she said this prayer, she felt a warmth on the foot, identical to the one she felt during its healing.  And she saw the restoration to her crippled foot again. She was happy in spite of the disappointment.

She then admitted to her pastor that in her heart, she was beginning to wonder regarding the SDA church, and she was beginning to lean towards the church which had brought the healing to her foot.  But she keeps on witnessing to all who asks her about the experience, when she says, "NOT ALL HEALING IS OF THE LORD."

The healing which had happened to her foot was genuine healing and restoration.  Her foot had become normal again. But when she prayed that if the healing is not from the Lord, she did not wish to have it, then it returned to its crippled status again.  

Brethren, in my years of service as Youth director, and later as hospital chaplain, I have always cited this article as proof that the enemy can do healing, and the healing is genuine.  This will be used again as a means of deceiving the world when it comes to the final stages just prior to the close of probation, and during the Seven Last plagues, during the waiting time when Sunday law is decreed, and all Sabbath keepers will be hunted like wild animals.  THERE IS NO DOUBT ABOUT THIS MATTER, THE ENEMY CAMP CAN DO GENUINE HEALING.  That is why God's people should make up their minds NOT TO BELIEVE what is deception the enemy may bring to His people.  We need to be so prepared that testing times are immediately ahead of us, and one of the tools the enemy of soul will use is MIRACLE HEALING.  Let's make sure what we as God's true, Sabbath keeping Remnant Church members, who will be "faithful unto death, (if it needs be), Jesus assures us all of eternal life in His camp."  MARANATHA..  .

He told her of his reservations regarding the source of the healing.  He asked her to read EGWhite writings regarding healing.  (I had read ths reference material, and I think it was from Early Writings.)

The lady, after reading the reference given by her pastor, began to have turmoil about her foot

She goes to a service with faith in God that she could be healed ,she is healed and the pastor doubts it is from God.She prays expressing her now broken faith ,her lameness returns,and the pastor claims that is from God?

I am with Barek on this one.

Ellen white has stated that the devil cannot heal, that he creates the illusion of healing by giving disease and then removing it.

Ellen G. White, Selected Messages, Book 2, p. 53.
“Men under the influence of evil spirits will work miracles. They will make people sick by casting their spell upon them, and will then remove the spell, leading others to say that those who were sick have been miraculously healed. This Satan has done again and again.”

Ellen G. White, Maranatha (1976), p. 148.
„God's Word declares that Satan will work miracles. He will make people sick, and then will suddenly remove from them his satanic power. They will then be regarded as healed.“

This story casts a shadow not so much on the minister (or church) involved but God. It is out of harmony with the His nature.

From what I've read from Scripture: Satan is the destroyer and God is the restorer. This story would make God the punisher at worst or in cohorts with the devil at best. (How gracious of Him to put her back with her disability!).

This is an interesting story of healing from the time of Ellen White. It may make us think twice regarding our views on healing:

Selected Messages, Book 2, p. 347.
A case was held up before me of_____, a minister; eighty miles he was sent for, to pray for a sick sister who sent for him in compliance with the teaching of James. He went and prayed in earnest, and she prayed; she believed the minister to be a man of God, a man of faith. Physicians had given her up to die of consumption. She was healed immediately. She arose and prepared supper, a thing she had not done for ten years. Now the minister was vile, his life was corrupt, and yet here was a great work. He took the glory all to himself.

Then again the scene mentioned above passed before me. I saw that the woman was a true disciple of Christ; her faith was that she should be healed. I saw their prayers: One was misty, dark, fell downward; the other prayer was mixed with light or specks which looked to me like diamonds, and arose upward to Jesus and He sent it up to His Father like sweet incense, and a beam of light was immediately sent to the afflicted one and she revived and strengthened under its influence. Said the angel, God will gather every particle of true, sincere faith; like diamonds shall they be gathered up and will surely bring a return or answer; and God will separate the precious from the vile. Although He bears long with the hypocrite and sinner, yet he will be searched out. Though he may flourish with the honest a while like the green bay tree, yet the time will come when his folly will be made manifest, and he be brought to confusion.—Letter 2, 1851.

Thank u for sharing this .. i understand now..  i have learned that satan still had all his powers ..but ok its not the real healing power .. but illusions.  all what i have said was incorrect, now i have learned this ..and shall from hencefort say like E.G white wrote.  Thank u And God Bless

That is nice to hear. The devil has always tried to counterfeit the Lord's work, mainly to undermine it. This tactic is not new. He did it with the miracles in Egypt.

Ellen G. White, Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 334

“When the miracles were wrought before the king, satan was on the ground to counteract their influence and prevent Pharaoh from acknowledging the supremacy of God and obeying His mandate. Satan wrought to the utmost of his power to counterfeit the work of God and resist His will. The only result was to prepare the way for greater exhibitions of the divine power and glory, and to make more apparent, both to the Israelites and to all Egypt, the existence and sovereignty of the true and living God.”

And again, I don't think we should be focusing on the devil nor his counterfeits. Ellen White gives us this counsel:

Ellen G. White, The Desire of Ages, p. 493.

“There are Christians who think and speak altogether too much about the power of satan. They think of their adversary, they pray about him, they talk about him, and he looms up greater and greater in their imagination. It is true that satan is a powerful being; but thank God, we have a mighty Saviour, who cast the devil one from heaven. Satan is pleased when we magnify his power. Why not talk of Jesus? Why not magnify His power and His love?” (Empahsis mine).

I have learnt to focus on Christ and what He wants to do through me in reaching the lost. That sometimes means laying my hands on the sick when I come across them and seeing the Lord do a mighty work and telling them about King Jesus and His soon return.

Blessings

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by