Adventist Online

I have heard from so many people who go to many non- adventist churches for healing. They say pastors from such churches can heal them. Some adventists even go there in secret, especially if they believe they are being bewitched or demon possessed.

From the scriptutres we have verses like:

Matthew 7: 20, 22 - 23

7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 
 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Also Matthew 24: 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

And Revelation 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.

The question is,  Since this pastors prophess to be christians while they are not, Then those who recieve healing, is it the devil healing them or is it just a wonder????

Views: 501

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If the devil can make you sick, he can heal you too. Only in exchange for your "soul".

CFM

I think he cannot heal but he can remove the disease he put people in, I mean its his work so he can stop doing it and it looks like the person was healed. But in this cases it can come back!

Nice thoughts veronica. I think you have hit the nail in the head (that is to say, you are very right). Out of curiosity, have you ever prayed for someone (friends or family) and seen them healed?

Blessings

My aunt had a tumour and after some time it just disappeared and i also survived a very bad case of pneumonia so i think that can be a medical miracle too :)
That is awesome. I encourage you to continue to believe in our great and awesome God. He is still able to save, heal and deliver us from all the power of the enemy. Take every opportunity to pray for friends and family no matter what the condition. It is an amazing privilege to co-labour with Jesus and see the works of the devil destroyed when we are about our Father's work.
About healing, Mrs White talks more of taking the correct diet accompanied by exercising., and by doing so, we would not have to worry about many deseases that we come across.
Yes, very true. Mrs White was also very alarmed at the lack of faith amongst believers and how little they prayed for people with serious conditions. She exhorted pastors, doctors, elders, colporters, and all believers to pray for the sick, no matter what the condition.
Many but not all....Hopefully, as Christian Seventh-day Adventists we pray for other people who aren't.

I think I understand where you are coming from. There are various gifts in the body of Christ. Prayer as I understand it, is not a spiritual gift, but a means of communication and intercession. So, as a royal priesthood, all can pray for the sick.

Yes, I agree, we should be especially praying for non-Adventists, ie. the sick out in the streets, supermarkets, malls, hospitals, and pretty much anywhere we go since the Holy Spirit lives inside of us and wants to get out. Jesus resume is still the same. He wants to use our hands to bring healing and deliverance to the sick and oppressed.

Blessings

God has not just gifted people who are Seventh-day Adventists.....if we do not understand anything else, we need to know that.  The Bible says that the (spiritual) gifts given by God are without repentance.  He blesses EVERYONE with different abilities as He chooses. For example, Sampson was still a judge in Israel and had supernatural strength, despite being a whore.  God purpose for us does not stop even when we are in the wrong.

With that said, yes Satan can heal and cause illness.  Where we need to be careful, especially for those who do not have the Gift of Spiritual Discernment, is to imply that because a person is not a Seventh-day Adventist pastor that the Holy Spirit cannot heal others through them (not implying that you were). 

Ellen white has stated that the devil cannot heal, that he creates the illusion of healing by giving disease and then removing it.

Ellen G. White, Selected Messages, Book 2, p. 53.
“Men under the influence of evil spirits will work miracles. They will make people sick by casting their spell upon them, and will then remove the spell, leading others to say that those who were sick have been miraculously healed. This Satan has done again and again.”
The7th, we are saying the same thing in a different way.  =)

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service