Adventist Online

I have heard from so many people who go to many non- adventist churches for healing. They say pastors from such churches can heal them. Some adventists even go there in secret, especially if they believe they are being bewitched or demon possessed.

From the scriptutres we have verses like:

Matthew 7: 20, 22 - 23

7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 
 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Also Matthew 24: 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

And Revelation 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.

The question is,  Since this pastors prophess to be christians while they are not, Then those who recieve healing, is it the devil healing them or is it just a wonder????

Views: 504

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No the devil cannot Heal.

Only God can to Heal.

In this instance IMO you are wrong.  The devil can "Cause' you to have certain ailments.  Once he has done this he can also remove them.   Call it whatever you like.....Nuff Sed......

The false prophet is not the papacy or the two-horned beast, neither is he the devil, for we read: "And the devil that deceived them was cast into a lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are." (Rev. 20:10.)  Therefore, the false prophet is the one who shall precede the manifestation of Satan himself.  Said the apostle, "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." (2 Cor. 11:14.)

As the doctrines held by the false prophet cannot be fully supported by the Scriptures, miracles are performed to secure the confidence of the people.  As the great men and religious leaders declare to the public that the so-called true religion is the truth of Christ, and that the false prophet is His servant, multitudes will fall into Satan's snare.  His false prediction of the coming of the Lord, will be fulfilled by Satan himself as he appears as an angel of light.  His dazzling brightness, and the false fulfillment of the prophet's prediction, in addition to the already overwhelming delusion, will ensnare a multitude greater than the first.  "While appearing to the children of men as a great physician who can heal all their maladies, he will bring disease and disaster, until populous cities are reduced to ruin and desolation." -- "The Great Controversy," p. 589.

The beast having lamb-like horns (promise of growth) is an unmistakable symbol of a nation "slowly arising as from a small plan to a mighty empire."  "Lamb-like," is descriptive of the government arising in 1776 A.D.  (See "The Great Controversy," pp. 439-441

While the Revelator saw in vision the beast who bears the number 666, and the false prophet enforcing a false religion by law and miracles within the borders of the government represented by the two-horned beast.

The symbols ("false prophet" and the "beast") reveal that there shall be a national alliance of church and state.  But the woman riding on the beast, denotes an international system of church and state, enforced by civil law, and miraculous power.

As the Word exposes this great deception, one would think that the world would open its eyes and refuse to be charmed by such Satanic wonders.  But Satan knows that the people are unmindful of the Word of God, and that their emotions are easily moved by supernatural marvels and the eloquence of men.  Therefore, he will perfect the contrivance and many will fall into it regardless of warnings.  The human mind cannot comprehend that mysterious and irresistible power that is soon to spread its dreadful shadow over the inhabitants of the earth.  No mortal being can stand against that supernatural, civil and religious system.  Those who are students of the Word, trusting in God without reservation, and thus filled with the Holy Spirit, will escape that dreadful trap.

This drastic decree of the two-horned beast shall be adopted by the nations of the world, and the image of the beast, which will demand obedience to an ecclesiastical form of worship, will be internationally set up.  The mark of the beast is Sunday observance.  Under one pretext or another, the careless and indifferent will worship the image of the beast, and receive the mark.  Only those who have fortified themselves with faith in God knowledge of His Word, and obedience to divine precepts through sanctification of the heart by the power of the Holy Spirit, will be able to escape the crutches of the devil.  When God's people are restrained from buying and selling, their only source of sustenance will be through divine providence.  One way or another, for that short time, God will provide and care for His people.  But it may be in a similar circumstance as in the wilderness journey.

Lutendo

This came up in the first evangalistic meetings that I helped in after my being called to the ministry.  A well-to-do couple had gone to the Phillipines to see a "psyhic surgeon," who did "bloodless surgery."  This man had had a malady, what it was is long forgotten, that needed surgery to remove it.  So, he and his wife went to this "psychic surgeon." 

They invited the entire evangalist team over to thier house to show us their home movies of this process.  I'll not comment in depth, except to say that from the pictures they showed, it was as phoney as a three dollar bill in US currency.  What the "surgeon" did was hid some material, like a sponge, in his hand, so as he was "cutting the patient open," he would squeeze this "sponge" and it made it look like the "organ" he removed had blood in it.  Then he displayed the substance as proof that the organ had been removed.  It was more of a cheap carnival stunt. 

After that I studied up on this process and what I had observed was exactly what I found in the reserach.  Satan can place disease on a person then remove it, making it appear that they have been healed.  So, if the one who is bringing healing, proportedly from God, and is teaching doctrines contrary to what is in the Bible, we must no listen to them.

Maranatha :)
Ray

To me, healing is more or less giving life. People go to hospitals so they can be healed and enjoy life. So if the devil prophess to be giving life to people, then i have a problem. Many will be decieved in this last days.

Some years back, an article appeared in the Review and Herald, entitled,  "NOT ALL HEALING IS FROM THE LORD."  In that article, an Adventist lady described her experience of finding healing in a MIRACLE HEALING CRUSADE, (not Adventist) which she attended.  One of her feet had been deformed and crippled in a vehicular accident.  She had not asked to be healed, during that meeting.  She suddenly felt a warmth on her deformed foot, and watched it get RESTORED to its normal shape prior to accident.  She was thrilled at the healing, and showed it to the members of the church she attended.  Her church pastor cautioned her regarding the source of the healing.  He told her that "not all healing.is of the Lord."  After much meditation on her healing, she felt convicted that she did not want her healed foot to continue, if it is not from the Lord.  She then prayed, saying to the Lord, "Lord, if this healing is not from you, I DO NOT WANT IT."   After she prayed, she felt something happening to her foot, it  returned to its deformed condition.  She thus learned in that experience, that "NOT ALL HEALING IS FROM THE LORD."
This is our family experience regarding "healing" from places of miracle healing.  Our dear mother, in 1950, found herself having cancer of the uterus, and the physician at the Manila Sanitarium in the Philippines did an "open / shut" surgery on her for cancer, he found out had spread to other organs of the abdomen.  The doctor said that if the Lord does not intervene in her case, she had only two months to live. Prayers were offered for her healing throughout the whole country in all the missions and educational institutions.  One day, our father was informed that there was an address some 70 kilometers south of Manila, where miracle healing had been done on many critically ill persons.  My mother said, "Dad, I do not wish to find healing from any other source, except from our churches' prayer for my healing."  Anointing was done.  and two months after the date of the surgery, she quietly fell asleep in Jesus.  I have ever admired my mother's conviction not to let her find "healing" in places of miracle healing.

Lutendo

Here is some inspired counsel.

"Not a few in this Christian age and Christian nation resort to evil spirits, rather than trust to the power of the living God. The mother, watching by the sick-bed of her child, exclaims, “I can do no more. Is there no physician who has power to restore my child?” She is told of the wonderful cures performed by some clairvoyant or magnetic healer, and she trusts her dear one to his charge, placing it as verily in the hands of Satan as if he were standing by her side. In many instances the future life of the child is controlled by a satanic power which it seems impossible to break."  {CTBH 111.3}

Maranatha :)
Ray

The magicians did not really cause their rods to become serpents; but by magic, aided by the great deceiver, they were able to produce this appearance. It was beyond the power of Satan to change the rods to living serpents. The prince of evil, though possessing all the wisdom and might of an angel fallen, has not power to create, or to give life; this is the prerogative of God alone. But all that was in Satan's power to do, he did; he produced
a counterfeit. To human sight the rods were changed to serpents. . . . There was nothing in their appearance to distinguish them from the serpent produced by Moses. Though the Lord caused the real serpent to swallow up the spurious ones, yet even this was regarded by Pharaoh, not as a work of God's power, but as the result of a kind of magic superior to that of his servants. {TA 92.3}
Pharaoh desired to justify his stubbornness in resisting the divine command, and hence he was seeking some pretext for disregarding the miracles that God had wrought through Moses. Satan gave him just what he wanted. By the work that he wrought through the magicians, he made it appear to the Egyptians that Moses and Aaron were only magicians and sorcerers, and that the message they brought could not claim respect as coming from a superior being. Thus Satan's counterfeit accomplished its purpose, of emboldening the Egyptians in their rebellion, and causing Pharaoh to harden his heart against conviction. Satan hoped also to shake the faith of Moses and Aaron in the divine origin of their mission.—PP 263, 264. {TA 93.1}
When the miracles were wrought before the king, Satan was on the ground to counteract their influence and prevent Pharaoh from acknowledging the supremacy of God and obeying his mandate. Satan wrought to the utmost of his power to counterfeit the work of God and resist His will. The only result was to prepare the way for greater exhibitions of the divine power and glory, and to make more apparent, both to the Israelites and to all Egypt, the existence and sovereignty of the true and living God.—PP 334. {TA 93.2}
I would say the devil (we do not accord him the dignity of a capital 'D'), being, as Christ told us, a 'murderer' and a 'liar and the father of lies'(John 8:44) cannot heal.
the devil does not heal, what he does is he hipnotise people and people think that is healing
the devil does not heal, what he does is he hipnotise people and people think that is healing

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service