Adventist Online

I have heard from so many people who go to many non- adventist churches for healing. They say pastors from such churches can heal them. Some adventists even go there in secret, especially if they believe they are being bewitched or demon possessed.

From the scriptutres we have verses like:

Matthew 7: 20, 22 - 23

7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 
 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Also Matthew 24: 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

And Revelation 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.

The question is,  Since this pastors prophess to be christians while they are not, Then those who recieve healing, is it the devil healing them or is it just a wonder????

Views: 504

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i wonder if we can discern from who is hot from who is cold.  i think we can by the Holy Spirith which guided us.  

That is judgement reserved for God and God alone! 

"Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;  but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.  But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared.  So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’  He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them.  Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”--Matthew 13:24-30

"Then Jesus sent the multitude away and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field.”  He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels.  Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"--Matthew 13:36-43

This is not Judgment  to what i was referring ... it is Discernment...we can discern Right from Wrong...there is nothing wrong with that, God has given us the Ability to discern right from wrong. ofcorce Judgment is the Lords.. that is not what i am referring to. i am not Judging no one ..because without Judgment you can also Discern what Cold from hot is.

God bless 

The7th, 

Thank you for clarifying what you really meant.  Remember, we can only respond to what you post.  =)

The Laodecian Church of which you spoke of is the state of the world-wide church in these last days.  Knowing whether on is "hot" or "cold" is a Divine Judgement.  We are told to discern "spirits" and not "hearts" or a person's motives, which being "hot" or "cold" refers to. 

The Holy Spirit can and does give spiritual discernment as a Spiritual Gift and can give us discernment when we ask, according to His choosing.

General Conference document issued in 1986

"We recognise every agency that lifts up Christ before men as a part of the divine plan for the evangelisation of the world, and we hold in high esteem the Christian men and women in other communions who are engaged in winning souls to Christ." Policy Number: 075

"God has jewels in all the churches, and it is not for us to make sweeping denunciation of the professed religious world."—The S.D.A. Bible Commentary 4:1184 (1893).

Blessings

"and it is not for us to make sweeping denunciation of the professed religious world"

did it sound like i did say this ..maybe i am wrong.

"As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.  And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd."--John 10:15-17

Yes, you The7th and many others who have been posting here have either unintentionally or intententionally stating that a denomination equates to truth, which is not true.

There are sincere and genuine Christians who have never heard about or been convicted yet of the Seventh-day Sabbath.  Our first and most important job as Christians is to know Jesus and then to tell others about Him through our date to life and interactions with them--through our witness.  The Holy Spirit will do the rest.

Yes, you The7th and many others who have been posting here have either unintentionally or intententionally stating that a denomination equates to truth, which is not true.

just to say .. i am NOT doing this intentionaly....just to say also that i firmly believe ..Those that Having service on a Sunday. is worshiping the Lord on the Wrong day, this is what i do firmly believe. and when worshipping on the Wrong day ..then that means that they that do ..are in error if this day, and being in Error does not consist of having the Light concerning the Day of the Lord.

If you can sit there and judge me and tell me that the day of Worship is not of importance in other words ... then you Sarah Sulton is also wrong. 

There are sincere and genuine Christians who have never heard about or been convicted yet of the Seventh-day Sabbath.  Our first and most important job as Christians is to know Jesus and then to tell others about Him through our date to life and interactions with them--through our witness.  The Holy Spirit will do the rest.

dont get me wrong i agree on this part.

Hi The7th, I wasn't accusing you of that. I posted them so that we all may walk in humility. That means learning to love our brothers both inside and outside denominational lines. It doesn't mean I have to believe as they do, but that I grant honor and respect to every person whom God has created.

I think is also important to remember early Adventist history. Our pioneers had pretty messed up theology: They had the dates and meanings wrong, they didn't believe in the Trinity, they didn't worship on the Sabbath, not to mention the marital difficulties in Ellen and James White's life, yet they experienced the power of the Spirit along with healings and miracles.

From my study of our history and Scripture, I have came to realise that God doesn't give spiritual gifts based on maturity or perfect theology, He gives them to those that are obedient to the the light which they have and to those willing to use them (spiritual gifts) for the purpose of ministering to people.

Here is one example of the many healing stories that took place amongst our pioneers around the late 1840's - in a time when they held many misconceptions.

Ellen G. White, Spiritual Gifts, Vol. 2, p. 83
„Many prayers had been offered to God in my behalf, yet it pleased the Lord to try our faith. After others had prayed, Bro. Henry commenced praying, and seemed much burdened, and with the power of God resting upon him, rose from his knees, came across the room, and laid his hands upon my head, saying, "Sister Ellen, Jesus Christ maketh thee whole," and fell back prostrated by the power of God. I believed that the work was of God, and the pain left me.“

Amen, Mark!

The Laodecian Church of which you spoke of is the state of the world-wide church in these last days.  Knowing whether on is "hot" or "cold" is a Divine Judgement.  We are told to discern "spirits" and not "hearts" or a person's motives, which being "hot" or "cold" refers to.

Yes this too is what i believe and accept,  YES  descerning spirits and Not Hearts (for only God can do that part).. My bad maybe i was not clear enough on that,  but you made it clear. 

pls forgive me for not being clear. :)

We are growing by God's Grace together and are learning together....=)

Apology accepted!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by