Adventist Online

I have heard from so many people who go to many non- adventist churches for healing. They say pastors from such churches can heal them. Some adventists even go there in secret, especially if they believe they are being bewitched or demon possessed.

From the scriptutres we have verses like:

Matthew 7: 20, 22 - 23

7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 
 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Also Matthew 24: 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

And Revelation 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.

The question is,  Since this pastors prophess to be christians while they are not, Then those who recieve healing, is it the devil healing them or is it just a wonder????

Views: 603

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

oh ok i Agree ...God Bless
You see, the problem is that, baptised Seventh-day Adventist members are also going to such places for healing because they believe there is no healing in the Adventist church.

There is one man who is not an Adventist who once mentioned it out that he meets some of adventists when he goes to visit witch doctors and also in some of the popular non-adventist denominations known for healing and solving peoples problems. And everything he said was true!
hmm..the world is getting worse anyways .. this does not surprise me ..

I believe you Lutendo. This is very sad to hear. I think we can turn things around. The question is how? I think we need to learn how to pray for the sick and minister to the demonized. This has been a very weak area in Adventist churches around the globe. There are many Scriptures that exhort us to pray for the sick but I thought I might share a couple of quotes from Ellen White:

Ellen G. White, Selected Messages, Book 1, p. 83.

“Why do we not exercise greater faith in the Divine Physician? As He worked for the man with the palsy, so He will work today for those who come to Him for healing. We have great need of more faith. I am alarmed as I see the lack of faith among our people. We need to come right into the presence of Christ, believing that He will heal our physical and spiritual infirmities.”

Ellen G. White, Review and Herald, June 9, 1904.

"Christ has empowered His church to do the same work that He did during His ministry…His disciples in this time are to pray for the sick as verily as His disciples of old prayed.“

Ellen White was a strong believer in prayer and while Ellen White's main call was to prophetic ministry, she was always ready to pray for the sick:

Ellen G. White, Manuscript Releases, Vol. 18, p. 372.

„Sister White has prayed for many sick persons and they have been healed. There have been many, so very many, healed, for whom my husband and I have prayed, laying our hands upon them, and they were healed and glorified God. But I did not work the miracle; I called upon One who was the Miracle-worker and He has answered my prayer in a remarkable manner. The light of His Spirit has filled the room and some have been prostrated by the power of God, losing their strength. But their hearts and lips were filled with praise to God.“ --Ms 159, 1907.

Lutendo, maybe it is time to initiate something in this regard in your local church. My church in Poland decided to make a special time after the service to pray for people with various needs. I have to say, that God started doing things that we previously only read in the Bible. Some people brought their friends and neigbours to church. One women who had damaged discs in her back after a serious accident was healed after two of the ladies laid hands on her and prayed. This women was so overwhelmed that she gave her heart to Jesus and was baptised a few months later. I would like to encourage you to think and pray about it. God maybe be calling you to start turning things around in your area.

Blessings

Amen, Matt!  But it only happens when people are placed in the position that the LORD has called.  It is blessing to know that it is happening at your church.

If the person is a Christian, does it matter?  If the Woman at the Well had continued to stay focused on the fact that Jesus was not a Samaritan, she would have missed her blessing.

The reality is that in some to many SDA Churches, healings and miracles are "downplayed" for fear of it being fake.  When I am in need, I go to who I know can the job....their denomination is of less importance than the need being fulfilled.  Many of our (and I am a practicing Seventh-day Adventist Chirstian) are not operating according to Spiritual Gifts of the Church Body so that people who are "interested", but not necessarily "called by God" are given positions that bear limited to no good fruit.  I will not allow someone to lay hands on me that I know the LORD has not called, no matter what their "title".  

The "witch doctors" you speak of, I would need to know more specifics before responding. 

Its a tricky one, I think the devil can heal

I have seen healings that may not be of God through reiki and other types of spiritual healing. I was foolish enough to go to a non adventist evangelist  healer on a couple of occasion and nothing happened for me. However there were many miracles taking place and ppl were appearing to be healed. But how does that differentiate form reiki, the sensations they usually feel are a warm sensation, this also occurs in reiki! Remeber satan is still an angel and I can only imagine if god sends healing he probbaly uses angelic beings to heal them at his command (kind of like Gods nano bots I guess). Who is to say satan still doesnt possess the ability to heal! But then  ity could all be a deception and like previously said he may cause the ailment and then remove it. The second time i saw John Mellor (famous australian evangelist healer) I prayed that there would be no healings if it isnt authentic, and surprisingly no major healings took place bar one! Later in the service he was rebuking the spirit of unbelief so that miracles could take place!

My gripe is that adventists dont embrace healing enough, refer to

James 5:14-15 Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to PRAY over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. [15] And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up

some isllnesses cannot be healed through diet alone and need prayer or divine intervention

When i have had prayer for pentecostals i usually feel worse, although not immediately, but when i get prayer from an adventist i feel peace and joy

I agree sarah, isnt one of the spiritual gifts "the gift of healing"?

But what makes them a false preacher? Remember the gentiles had no teachings when they came to christ, they knew nothing except christ. There are genuine evangelists who love Jesus, who may be unschooled in sabbatical doctrine so would God's spirit still work in them and through them? In our ignorance God gives us much grace. I do agree there are evangelists who are agents of satan. The like of Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar and list goes on. These guys are freemasons working for the false christ /satan and they do it willingly! But I have no problem asking a man if he bears much fruit and is annointed by God to pray for my healing. For it is written "the prayer of a righteous man avails much". Just because they arent adventist, can they still be annointed. A good example is when all of israel wasnt healed, yet a pagan man was healed by Elijah and he wasnt even a Jew! Kind of reminds me of the adventist church, we have the truth but are we worthy to follow him? I think if an evangelist is a genuine lover of christ and follows the truth to his best, surely God is at work in his members.

I have a problem with internet or TV prayers, All you need is to have a few money and make a call or send an sms about your prayer requests. Is that really how things are supposed to be, i am confused. i would not want the devil to play his tricks on me..

Hi Sister Lutendo.

Good post, but tell me, what do you mean TV and Internet.

God Bless.

@ bro Paul,
how sure are we to trust people when they say "send your prayers and an sms will cost you this much", to a prayer line on TV or on adverts. Are we not going to make people rich or even the devil him self. how are we to fully trust such people with our spirituality and our answering of prayers?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service