Adventist Online

" Every association of life calls for the exercise of self-control, forbearance, and sympathy. We differ so widely in disposition, habits, education, that our ways of looking at things vary. We judge differently. Our understanding of truth, our ideas in regard to the conduct of life, are not in all respects the same. There are no two whose experience is alike in every particular. The trials of one are not the trials of another. The duties that one finds light are to another most difficult and perplexing."  {MH 483.1}

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes and no...for while i do agree that we have the choice to disagree, it makes us much closer in answer to Jesus' prayer that we all may be 1. I read this morning where Sis. White said we shad have united studies, so that we can all...speak the same things...does God and Christ disagree? No..and we need all to be n Him..in all things..even in doctrine!
that will NEVER happen till we see His face at the second coming. sorry
yes MsMS ... please do. it may help us here
xD
its not easy to get theuniform view etc! the church try to find some ways to do this!
the mainly ones are the books from our publisning houses and MANY meeting every week and noy just saturday morning to try put people to hear together same issue many times,and to keep an uniform view!
peace
tony
LOL!!!...Now THATS a good one-liner!!
I don't know that we see things identically but I do think we can see things in complementary fashion. What one lacks in understanding, another supplies. We have two hands. They are equally important, not one moreso than the other.. Every part of the body though serving a different function does so in a harmonious way. The senses for example allow us to experience things in different ways but it doesn't change the 'truth' of the experience, it simply enlarges it.(fascinating)

Furthermore athough all the parts are playing different roles, they all are of one purpose, following the head sml., keeping the organism alive and well. Is it possible here? Agreeing on the main thing, What must I do to be saved?, and not killing each other over the incidentals? sml I could be wrong but somehow I think it is...

P.S. I am aware I have greatly simplified the whole thing but sometimes understanding the big picture helps to know just how to fill in the blanks.
Very well put, and simple is good!..(smile)

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service