Adventist Online

Shalom to all the saints

I have a question maybe has been addressed before, can one be an Adventist and not believe in the writings of Ellen White.commonly called the Spirit of Prophecy. I ask this because , there are facts that have been hidden from ordinary saints such as

1.) that Ellen White made false prophecies and plagiarized most of her works that even the things written as the inspired word of God were plagiarize. she also  made false prophecies. 

google the Bible Conference 1919" 

2.)  that the writings of Ellen white are the Spirit of Prophecy mentioned Rev 19:10 this is very unbiblical

3.) that the Investigative Judgement teaching does no hold water

4.) what are the implications on our baptism that have a condition that we accept EGW as being a prophet.

I have met and discussed with many fellow Adventists some who know about this, others who do not and amongst all these grouping are a section that will say they do not believe in the works of EGW. Thus may heading that can we be adventists that do not believe in Ellen White.

Views: 19898

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@ Fight4Jesus

What remain of adventism , when you challenge EGW, the Sabbath , and the Investigative Judgement

in the work to further the truth , we must defend the Gospel and not the church as a denomination and i feel a lot of adventists , the people of the word, are quick to defend the denomination at the expense of the Gospel. Ellen White penned some literary classics but am sorry to say with the literature available now, if you take time to dissect this she falls short of the tests of a prophet. the new covenant sabbath is not a day but is a spiritual state which is the fulfillment of the old covenant sabbath. We believe we are the remnant that keep the commandments (the sabbath being the hallmark ) and have the testimony of jesus (egw  writings ). Interestingly you mention the founders , there is a strong belief that the sda 28 fundmental beliefs have been modified to such an extent that were the founding fathers come to life they would have difficulty in fellowshiping  with us.

the truth is this - the same Spirit that revealed the Scriptures is the same Spirit that revealed truth to Ellen White.  You are wrong in your judgment fightforjesus.

But the truth is they are not equal and can NEVER be treated as such.

1 Corinthians 3:4, For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

1 Corinthians 1:12, What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas"; still another, "I follow Christ."

1 Corinthians 3: 5-11, What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe--as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building. By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should be careful how he builds. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

I have Adventist friends who say, "I can't understand Apostle Paul." Some say, "I mostly read the Psalms and gospel of John."  It doesn't matter what church ordinances you follow, what traditions you follow, what "prophet" you follow, if you reject Jesus Christ. Desire of Ages lifts up Jesus so I read that book. I have read all the other books by Ellen and find no benefit for my RELATIONSHIP with Jesus.

Adventists who grew up in communist countries did not have any of Ellen's books.  They were Adventists based on the Bible. It doesn't matter what other Adventists do, Fidelis M, you must follow Jesus and your convictions from the Holy Spirit. You do not have a right to tell other Adventists what to believe, just as they don't have a right to tell you what to believe. You must follow God according to the Holy Spirit's leading in YOUR life.

I believe in the 2300 day for a year prophecy of Daniel, otherwise I cannot prove that Jesus is the Messiah, that He was born, baptized and cut off in fulfillment of the prophecy.  Other prophecies point to how Jesus would come, die and be resurrected, but 2300 prophecy shows WHEN He would come and die for our sins, proving He is the Savior. Jesus must fit the timeline or we cannot prove He is the Messiah.

I don't fear judgment as most Adventists do because I believe that Jesus is my goodness, and my acceptance is based on His performance, not mine. Either Jesus did it all and you accept His gift by faith OR you have to do it yourself all over again!

I’d rather accept Jesus because I finally learned I can’t do it. I don't call the judgment investigative.  I call it a time of our vindication. Psalm 35:24, Vindicate me in YOUR righteousness, O LORD my God; do not let them gloat over me. Zechariah 3:2, And the LORD said to Satan, “The LORD rebuke you, O Satan! The LORD who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is not this a brand plucked from the fire?” I see Jesus as my Advocate or defense lawyer who puts Satan's accusations against me away once and for all. Jesus is my vindication so I do not fear.

The Sabbath is based on the Bible not Ellen.

"It doesn't matter what church ordinances you follow, what traditions you follow, what "prophet" you follow, if you reject Jesus Christ. Desire of Ages lifts up Jesus so I read that book. I have read all the other books by Ellen and find no benefit for my RELATIONSHIP with Jesus."

"Wow! Something is obviously wrong, and not with her books either, that's for sure!"

Wow Ronald!  Is it anyone's place on here to imply that something must be wrong with someone who doesn't find any benefit from reading Ellen White's writings? 

You reject God's chosen messenger with a message - that is what is wrong - rejection of God's messages means the person of people have rejected God directions.

person *or people

We should bypass all this speculation by firmly basing all our beliefs on the word of God rather than the so-called spirit of prophecy. SOP does Not constitute the writings of Ellen White, this is explaining prophecy outside the bible and should never ever be done! Simply put, the spirit of prophecy is the truth about what Jesus said in the New Testament and what has been said about Jesus in the New Testament, this is the testimony of Jesus AND the spirit of prophecy. The angel who gives John the vision says do not worship me for the TESTIMONY of JESUS is the spirit of prophecy. The angel is saying, look i am not here to tell you new things, i am just explaining the testimony of Jesus and put them in prophetic perspective.

Amen!

Again I will say if one is not happy her? What have convence you to become a SDA member?
If her visions are false, then the hole massage of the SDA church is fals.
We as the SDA church have the truth and that mean also her writtings

Benecio, it is becoming clear that some (at least here at AO) were taught the Gospel of EGW and not the Gospel of Jesus Christ when they came to the Seventh-day Adventist Church.  That may be the real problem in this discussion.

Why would a Growing Christian spend most of their time studying EGW rather than studying the Bible?  And here is what is also often left out:  The prophetic word is to spoken by two's or three (1 Corinthians 14) which means that those who do use EGW's writings consistently STILL must consult with other spiritual/inspirational/prophetic authors for confirmation and possibly additional insight--IF they are following what Scripture states.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service