Adventist Online

Shalom to all the saints

I have a question maybe has been addressed before, can one be an Adventist and not believe in the writings of Ellen White.commonly called the Spirit of Prophecy. I ask this because , there are facts that have been hidden from ordinary saints such as

1.) that Ellen White made false prophecies and plagiarized most of her works that even the things written as the inspired word of God were plagiarize. she also  made false prophecies. 

google the Bible Conference 1919" 

2.)  that the writings of Ellen white are the Spirit of Prophecy mentioned Rev 19:10 this is very unbiblical

3.) that the Investigative Judgement teaching does no hold water

4.) what are the implications on our baptism that have a condition that we accept EGW as being a prophet.

I have met and discussed with many fellow Adventists some who know about this, others who do not and amongst all these grouping are a section that will say they do not believe in the works of EGW. Thus may heading that can we be adventists that do not believe in Ellen White.

Views: 19917

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen

Pippim is the wrong person to use as a credible anything....

I know of his moral fall out - shall you deny the truth of some of his sermons. How many pastors are living with the same hidden sin and yet today you may be going to say Amen to them when they preach! He is not a prophet he is a mere mortal.

I do...but then again I was not indoctrinated with his messages and had never even heard of him until coming to AO. (Thank You, Jesus!).  I don't want to go off topic with this....please use another reference source not under censure and disfellowship.

Should we throw away Psalms.. David murdered Uriah and took his wife. Moses killed an Egyptian.  What about Paul??  He killed men, women and Children.. and many were thrown into prisions..

Many of our Pioneers wrote some great sermons and left the faith.  Should we abandon their writings because they left the faith??  I mean, John Harvey Kellogg books on health are years ahead of his time.  They valuable in ours as well. 

Another thread....

okay Sarah! Bad Example and Yes potential  thread

His lifework is credible thats all I am saying!! Just because he has fallen does not make it any less than truth what he taught. 

Well that maybe true.. But God can get a message through a Donkey or even a rooster.. I dont find that nothing can limit God.  If what you preach was truth when it was preached. TRUTH IS TRUTH no matter the vessels. 

A drunkard on the street, sees you take something from the store. He says, to you, thou shalt not steal.  Is his message false because he is  drunkard?  In fact, David seemed to have a problem with women all along.  He was already married when he took Bathsheba.    How about us all?  Who are we to judge him?  Many of us have secret sins.  Judge the writings by the bible and spirit of prophecy..not by the man.  thats all i am saying..Depise not propheysing,  hold to the good.

@Aquila,

God has already done it a couple of times... A message from a bad tree!! Balaam was a terrible tree.  According to the SOP and The Bible, he was a one time prophet at the time God was using him to speak to the King of Moab, he was out of the faith. 

example 2:

And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all, Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not. And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation; (John 11:49-51)

Could this be a worse tree than Caiphas?

We clearly had no knowledge of Pastor Pippim secret sins.  But the millions of people who were blessed by his preaching is immense.  Im not advocating we gloss over the sins, God never does that for anyone.

Now, God is testing us, how will we treat a fallen brother.  Satan has sat by their beds, telling them to take their lives.  I hope, we are praying for all those fallen pastors that they will overcome as David did. love thy neighbor as thyself.  Let's look to restore ones that has fallen into sin. 

Ellen G White is NOT the Spirit of Prohecy!!!

In Rev_19:10  And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. 

AMEN!  #praisebreak

The Spirit of Prophecy is the Holy Spirit (God) manifested through those He chooses with the prophetic gift (i.e. more than one) and is not a human being.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service