Adventist Online

Shalom to all the saints

I have a question maybe has been addressed before, can one be an Adventist and not believe in the writings of Ellen White.commonly called the Spirit of Prophecy. I ask this because , there are facts that have been hidden from ordinary saints such as

1.) that Ellen White made false prophecies and plagiarized most of her works that even the things written as the inspired word of God were plagiarize. she also  made false prophecies. 

google the Bible Conference 1919" 

2.)  that the writings of Ellen white are the Spirit of Prophecy mentioned Rev 19:10 this is very unbiblical

3.) that the Investigative Judgement teaching does no hold water

4.) what are the implications on our baptism that have a condition that we accept EGW as being a prophet.

I have met and discussed with many fellow Adventists some who know about this, others who do not and amongst all these grouping are a section that will say they do not believe in the works of EGW. Thus may heading that can we be adventists that do not believe in Ellen White.

Views: 19898

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen..

No one will be the Spirit of Prophecy, because that is the Holy Spirit not man.. However  I do believe that sister White was just one of many to whom the gift has / will be given in the future.

It is not that Ellen White is the SOP, Ellen White HAD the SOP.

Amen. :0)

She didn't "had" the SOP, she was inspired BY the SOP. Which is Yahweh.

how can a human be a spirit ? no one has said that she was the spirit of prophesy.Those who don't agree with our 28 beliefs should stop trying to convince us of their pet doctrine and their heresy 

this is the eighteenth fundamental belief of the SDA church 

18. The Gift of Prophecy
One of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and was manifested in the ministry of Ellen G. White. As the Lord's messenger, her writings are a continuing and authoritative source of truth which provide for the church comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction. They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested. (Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 2:14-21; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 12:17; 29:10.)

So says the Bible, exactly.

Brother, please give a balance on quotes: 

Clearly, she stated this as well. 

One thing is certain: those Seventh-day Adventists who take their stand under Satan's banner will first give up their faith in the warnings and reproofs contained in the Testimonies of God's spirit.  {SpM 305.4}  

The call to greater consecration and holier service is being made, and will continue to be made. Some who are now voicing Satan's suggestions will come to their senses. There are those in important positions of trust who do not understand the truth for this time. To them the message must be given. If they receive it, Christ will accept them, and will make them workers together with him. But if they refuse to hear the message, they will take their stand under the black banner of the Prince of Darkness.  {SpM 305.5} 

Be careful that we are not warring against God through his prophet! 

Brother Michael,

I thank you for your explanation.  If I came across as rude then my apologies.

Back to my point,  We are Seventh-Day Adventists because God chose that name.  We are Seventh Day Adventist because we have teh Sanctuary doctrine, the Spirit of Prophecy.  No other church is coming after us. We are the final word to the World. 

Who exactly inspired Ellen G. White?  Is not the same spirit that inspried all the other prophets the same?  We regard the Bible as inspired writings of God.  Ellen White writings are inspired writings of God.  They both have authority.  When she wrote to the Battle Creek not to colonize the work, by whose authority?  God's authority.  What happened because they failed to heed the warnings?  God  is going to send destruction to the both buildings.  Her authority or God's?  Rejecting her warnings is rejecting God and Christ.  a prophet speaks for God to the people.  Just like Moses, God speaks to her and she speaks to us on God's behalf.  so we hear and see her writings by the same voice and pen is of God. 

The testimonies of God's spirit is the work of the Holy Spirit in the individual believer. Jesus is very clear on this point. 

In John chapter 14 Jesus says that He will send His followers the comforter, the Holy Spirit to work and dwell within us. The work of the spirit of prophecy is something each believer enacts whenever we allow the Holy Spirit to work through us in witness of Jesus Christ.

You are making a correct point until you imply that other works of the Spirit are excluded. He came to the apostles when they were gathered in a group and the Spirit originated the writing of the New Testament and its guided its canonization.

1.) It has been shown that Ellen White has NOT plagiarized her writings.  This in my mind has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

2.) Explain?

3.) Sounds like you are familiar with the writings of Desmond Ford, as am I, and this argument also fails miserably.

4.) Part of me is glad its there, but the other part knows that no creeds should be in our faith.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service