Adventist Online

Recently I found myself at a church that has just recieved a new pastor. During the Sabbath morning service way before the announcements and topics and giving and songs, they introduced him and his wife. I was astounded to see the sheer Un-reverencey (if thats a word), that took place. Everyone was clapping and carrying on, and cheering. Now I understand this was a special occasion, so I brushed it off. Later a woman came before the church to tell of her grandson's story of healing from a disease, again loud cheering and clapping flooded the supposed to be quiet and holy sanctuary. This continued through out the rest of the church service and even spilled into part of the pastor's sermon. With jokes and clapping and lots of chatter I was particullarly weary of continuing this church. I came from a small town church, not that they were perfect, but we certainly do not cheer during service.

Is it okay? to be cheering like this on sabbath day inside the sanctuary?

Am I wrong for feeling this way?

Views: 184

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hate to Admit this but 4him made a good point :-p

ARE WE TO HARD ON THOSE WE DISAGREE WITH????

"Brethren, I feel hurt when I see that so many decided thrusts are made against the Catholics. Preach the truth, but restrain the words which show a harsh spirit; for such words cannot help or enlighten anyone." Ellen G. White in Counsels to Writers and Editors, p. 64.
I personally see no problem with clapping and celebrating but there are times when some people really over-do it. Even the occasional joke is ok once it is not out of line. We just have to remember that God is supposed to be in our midst in Church and we should behave as such. There has to be a limit to everything, so if we celebrate, let's not over-do it. Then again, can we determine how another person expresses praise to His/Her God? That is something to think about...
Maybe a little jokes its ok!! but i think, we shouldnt make it with clapping and cheering. Ummm, i never see it in my church. And as i know, worship is suppose to be calm.
Hellooooo......we should know where we are, at church? club? or theater???
Bunga, USA Adventist churches are mainly having these problems with a new fashion starting up in the churches. Most other countries like yours dont have these problems yet but its spreading fast. The way its been is no longer acceptable. Hebrews are tired of eating Mana and want something more to their liking. We are an ungrateful people. We haven't learned from the hebrews mistakes and never will. History repeats itself over and over until Jesus puts an end to sin.
Yeah, i knew it Josh..............
But i have to said what in my mind eventhough its nothing!! Thank you foe explain it again.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service