Adventist Online

How are you brethren, i am so proud to know the gospel preached by SDA, i believe all fundamental beliefs of the church and i am living church doctrine by faith and grace. Thank you Jesus for i know its not by chance but its your plan even b4 laying the foundation of this World.

My concern is that: "God deal with Heart and not appearance" i am a deacon, i went to see one Church member who dressed unethical, half naked. She told me Why are you always judges people by looking they dress, she keep on saying my Jesus does not look so. He is judging my heart and not appearance. So my brother and Sister here i want to hear your views regarding this issue, its serious prevailing temperance in our local churches and pose division among members. i will appreciate if you quote from the Bible or SoP books. thank you keep on praying for the entire Church, modernizing spirit is overcloud the church.

Views: 186

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As long as the majority of the women in our churches are slaves to the fashions of the world, we will continue to see a lot of immodesty.  And it's really a shame that we have to see that while in church.  But I'm not sure there's really anything much we members can do about it.

I think it would need to come from the pulpit by the pastor.  But I think there would be very few who would be willing to address this topic and be as blunt as they need to be.

What about Dwight K. Nelson how much naked is too much naked?   And Sex in the temple?

Also Dwayne Lemon Sexual sin is killing the church.

whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Yoga pants are really something else, underwear is now worn in church.  How do females get away with this? If a man wore yoga pants that showed a complete outline of all his bits I am certain he would get the police involved for being a pervert.  So then how is it that women get away with showing all the bits no one normally sees.

The Bible teaches modesty in dress. “In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel.” 1 Timothy 2:9. This forbids display in dress, gaudy colors, profuse ornamentation. Any device designed to attract attention to the wearer or to excite admiration is excluded from the modest apparel which God’s word enjoins. {CT 302.1}
Our dress is to be inexpensive—not with “gold, or pearls, or costly array.” Money is a trust from God. It is not ours to expend for the gratification of pride or ambition. In the hands of God’s children it is food for the hungry and clothing for the naked. It is a defense to the oppressed, a means of health to the sick, of preaching the gospel to the poor. You could bring happiness to many hearts by using wisely the money that is now spent for show. Consider the life of Christ. Study His character, and be partakers with Him in His self-denial. {CT 302.2}

I would just appeal to her from a human side rather than assuming the voice and view of God by telling her a more accurate purpose of the modest dress (within reason).  It's because while church is a place of worship to a God who judges by the heart not appearance.  There are people there healing and growing in faith.  Some of those people have weaknesses and half naked women/men can be a lustful temptation not needed in a church setting. 

She should hopefully be willing to cover up to keep from being a distraction for them along their journey of faith.  The same line of reasoning can be applied for other things people do in church like talking loud nonsense over the speaker or gossip.

SHE'S RIGHT YOU KNOW.  OFTEN WHAT WE DO NOT LIKE OR FIND UNCOMFORTABLE WE PROJECT ON OTHERS.  SO UNLESS THE CHURCH SETS A DRESS CODE MUCH LIKE BUSINESSES AND OTHER FINE INSTITUTIONS DO, WHAT CAN YOU DO??

PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO LOOK FOOLISH AND STUPID.  THEY WILL ALIENATE THEMSELVES OR GROUP WITH OTHER LIKE MINDED FOLK.

AND IF YOU MAKE RULES FOR DRESS, HOW ARE YOU GONNA BACK IT UP?  NO BODY WANTS TO STEP ON ANYONE'S SHOES THESE DAYS.  NO CAJONES, NO WHAT MEAN?  IT ALL GOES BACK TO THE PARENTS AND HOW KIDS ARE RAISED, BUT EVEN THEN, THERE ARE ALWAYS A FEW BLACK SHEEP OR ROTTEN APPLES EVEN IN THE CHOICE CROPS.

Neither my wife nor my pre-teen daughter dress immodestly.  My wife tries to cover up as much as she can.  The only time she does not project that image is with me, as it should be.  After all, I have been her husband for over 18 years. I find that appropriate, as it does not cause young men to sin in their hearts.  Men and women are wired differently by our creator.  The man desires the woman, and the woman is pursued as she does not view the man as the man views the woman.  So, when women dress immodestly, they are leading a man to sin in his heart.  We should not tempt each other toward sexual sin.  Many acts of adultery and forinication have been the result.  Scripture says to be wooed by an unfaithful woman leads to death, as a warning to young men.

TRUE.   BUT EVEN DURING ELLEN’S TIME, WHEN THE FASHION WAS REALLY MODEST TO THE POINT OF DRAB, IM SURE THE RELIGIOUS WOULD BE UPSET IF A WOMAN EXPOSED HER ANKLES.

I'm for modest dress within reason while in church but I get your point Rick. I know some people that will describe a woman wearing pants in church as half naked. 

Funny thing is I frequently travel to rural areas where a lot of Mennonites / Anabaptist live.   A guy I work with commented on how attractive he finds the women in their "modest" dresses....   Something about those dresses; Depending on where your heads at, almost anything can be a distraction  I suppose .

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service