Adventist Online

Given that the year is winding down to another Christmas celebration, to my brothers and sisters, I write to a commence a discussion on the Catholic celebration, Christmas, and their other activities and its implication to us as Seventh - Day Adventist. 

Question:

Given the fact that God condemns and speaks against this form of worship, Christmas, should Seventh - Day Adventist partake in it ? 

Additionally, should One partake in their events of lent, Easter etc?

In other words, We as Seventh-Day Adventist know the Scripture very well, and we know what Revelation 12, 13, 17 & 18 declare to us in respect to Satan ascribe worship through the Papal power; and, how the pope will seek to change laws and times, and blaspheme God. So I am arguing why are we still supporting catholic teaching by indulging in their practices and making excuses for doing so. If God said no - Do not be partakers of her sins...

“Come away from her, my people.

Do not take part in her sins,

or you will be punished with her.

5For her sins are piled as high as heaven,

and God remembers her evil deeds.

Why are so many of us are saying yes we know its not Jesus birthday, but we find it fitting to do x or y.... 

How can you know that these people's teachings are not of God or exalt Him, yet you indulge in their practices?

Views: 1356

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not mocking God, just pulling your leg.  And if it does include bacon then we are free to eat it right?

Leon

Leon

You may do as you feel true. As I understand God declared the Swine unclean as far as I know that was not revoked. That is why I said God is not mocked

So if a brother believes that it is no longer prohibited then it is O.K.

Leon

Leon

If you feel its OK to do that Clearly that is a matter for your own conscience and your Maker. What speaks against such a thing is that God did ban it and as I see it He newer reversed that ban.

With hot cross buns on Easter?

Dear Brother,

Not everyone is convicted as you are concerning this day nor are we at liberty to judge everyone motives. The issue is of the heart.  It is your character that God is most concerned about. We do well not to say more then the SOP or scripture concerning this event. 

The principal found in 1 cor 8 applies:

Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

Notice the weak conscience is that who is not mature enough in the faith to discern that eating food that was sacrified to idols means nothing to the mature follower of Christ. But the immature follower, having now strong enmity to the thing he once loved is sensitive to eating foods sacrificed to idols, and is  judging the motives of the brethren who have a mature understanding.  Pauls admonition is for the weak not to judge the knowledgeable or vice versa. And he appeals to the knowledgeable to keep the weak conscience in mind so that they be not a stumbling block. 

Jay

Hello Garth

As I said before, if you don't want to celebrate the day in your house don't do it. But stop wasting the time and resources of your local church and neighbors with your judgment. Work out your own relationship with Christ.

Leon

Ian, why so much typing?

Jani

No worries it was cut and paste, I did find what E G White did write relevant to the subject at hand, so I pasted the whole chapter.

Hi,
Ian and leon. You guys should meet. I want to be there! Ian of course i know it was written by EGW. She was giving a pastoral advice and well said indeed! If you expect me to throw away everything she has said, you got another thing coming! Test. Hold fast to that which is good. This is good. So i hold fast to it. I think Ian EGW tell you to go to the bible and make that your textbook. Its your mindset and like minded who want us to hold her at par with scripture, infact above it. I have never heard you say things like, hey but paulsaid, or james, peter,luke, etc said. But ifsomething disagrees with her, even if taken fro the above, you throw a tantrum instead of collecting yourself and with wisdom answer back. I dont condemn, i challenge. To Know the difference is to be wise. Its ok to disagree with. Her ian, she hated somebody ruling a brain of another icluding her. You have elevated her and like Isreal of old, who turned the serpent on the poleinto a shrine, you are worshipping her. She is my devotional mentor but we dont see eye to eye on some issues and if i had had an audience with her i would have loved to talk about them.
Keep looking up

Mutinta

Thanks for your comment, I do hold her writings in high esteem yes, but as she said herself the Bible is the greater light. I see the Bible as the greatest holy word from God. I do not worship her as the snake on the pole. 

So Ian

Where to you see Ellen White and the bible in conflict. In ohter words What did Ellen White write or propose that you don't believe in?

Leon

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by