Adventist Online

Given that the year is winding down to another Christmas celebration, to my brothers and sisters, I write to a commence a discussion on the Catholic celebration, Christmas, and their other activities and its implication to us as Seventh - Day Adventist. 

Question:

Given the fact that God condemns and speaks against this form of worship, Christmas, should Seventh - Day Adventist partake in it ? 

Additionally, should One partake in their events of lent, Easter etc?

In other words, We as Seventh-Day Adventist know the Scripture very well, and we know what Revelation 12, 13, 17 & 18 declare to us in respect to Satan ascribe worship through the Papal power; and, how the pope will seek to change laws and times, and blaspheme God. So I am arguing why are we still supporting catholic teaching by indulging in their practices and making excuses for doing so. If God said no - Do not be partakers of her sins...

“Come away from her, my people.

Do not take part in her sins,

or you will be punished with her.

5For her sins are piled as high as heaven,

and God remembers her evil deeds.

Why are so many of us are saying yes we know its not Jesus birthday, but we find it fitting to do x or y.... 

How can you know that these people's teachings are not of God or exalt Him, yet you indulge in their practices?

Views: 1352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Leon,

I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase, Christmas spirit?  Well, that spirit is not God’s because Christmas is not God’s.

Ezekiel 20:10“So I brought them out of the land of Egypt and led them into the wilderness. 11Then I gave them My statutes and explained My ordinances to them — the person who does them will live by them. 12I also gave them My Sabbaths to serve as a sign between Me and them, so they will know that I am Yahweh who sets them apart as holy.

Satan is very crafty, one bible uses the word astute in describing him.  He deceives use into worshiping him while making us believe we’re worshiping Yahweh; the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Ezekiel 20:5Say to them: This is what the Lord GOD says: On the day I chose Israel, I swore an oath, to the descendants of Jacob’s house and made Myself known to them in the land of Egypt. I swore to them, saying: I am Yahweh your God.

By deceiving us this way, he satisfies his own need to be worship, as well as our desires to worship God.  When in reality, we’re not worshiping God Yahweh, we’re worshiping god.

So when the angel says come out of her, God is essential saying wakeup out of our ignorant state of mind, and see who you’re worshiping, and worship Him, the true creator.

As an Elected of God, it my duty to tell you this, I’m showing love to you by tell you what God says.

Ezekiel 20:3Son of man, speak with the elders of Israel and tell them: This is what the Lord GOD says…

Matt.24:24. For false Christ and false prophets will appear and preforms great signs and miracles to deceive even the Elect-if that were possible

Hello Gene

So you are holy because of your non-observance?

Leon,

No, my non-observance doesn’t make me holy, but do you understand how our whoring after other gods insult the dignity of Yahweh your God? If Christmas is not Yahweh, then who does it belong too?

And Charles DIckens is a good read.

Leon

So is the False Decretals of Isidore.

Lux Lucet In Tenebris.

It is a good read, I’m sure God is not against artistic appreciation, but the fact stands. If we are God’s we must stand on His word and call a spade a spade.

You see brother and sisters, the discussion is a healthy one. However, let me make it clear in this discussion that I am not saying that one's relationship with Jesus, Jehovah and the Holy Spirit is not important. What I am saying is that if you have a body of people who profess and yet some seek to justify their reason, other see partaking in the different Catholic events as no big deal, and yet others who can't be bother. I invite you to look at the bigger picture - the picture that show there is one God that desires our worship. He alone we must worship in our everyday lives. However, we know that Satan desires worship, and if Satan is the one giving power to the Beast, who was allowed 42 months to persecute God's people, whom said that it is God on earth, that it alone can forgive sins; and, who today are quietly still holding power of many countries. And given that in partaking, or paying homage in any of other activities is paying homage to Satan, what say you then?

Garth

This it's hardly healthy, and I might add a significant diversion from what is healthy. Service, and soul saving insight has greater substance, is a better use of our dwindling time.

Leon

I like pie.  That would probably have been a more germane response than that one.

I personally think that if our church is not going to follow the counsel given to us by the pen of inspiration, then we should not do anything at all. We should not be putting on these large elaborate stage productions dealing with the birth of Christ. We should be teach our people that this day that is celebrated is not the day of Christ' birth. We should teach them the roots of this unholy day's beginnings and it has manifested into this "supposed"  day of Christ birth and how satan has used it to his advantage.

The problem is what it has always been,..............we love the world and worldly things more than we love God. We want to be like the world and do the things that the world does. We don't want to be separated from evil.

“Shall We Have a Christmas Tree?”—God would be well pleased if on Christmas each church would have aChristmas tree on which shall be hung offerings, great and small, for these houses of worship. [Note: reference is made in this article to current building projects. As the principles set forth in this connection are applicable today, these specific references are left in the article.] Letters of inquiry have come to us asking, Shall we have a Christmas tree? Will it not be like the world? We answer, You can make it like the world if you have a disposition to do so, or you can make it as unlike the world as possible. There is no particular sin in selecting a fragrant evergreen and placing it in our churches, but the sin lies in the motive which prompts to action and the use which is made of the gifts placed upon the tree.{AH 482.1}

The tree may be as tall and its branches as wide as shall best suit the occasion; but let its boughs be laden with the golden and silver fruit of your beneficence, and present this to Him as your Christmas gift. Let your donations be sanctified by prayer.9{AH 482.2}

Just a thought. If this is the case with something that definitively represents a phallic symbol of a pagan god (Tammuz), why do we get up in arms about music, and all the other stuff? How can it be okay to have a pagan symbol IN THE CHURCH, but not ok to wear shorts?  

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service