Adventist Online

Given that the year is winding down to another Christmas celebration, to my brothers and sisters, I write to a commence a discussion on the Catholic celebration, Christmas, and their other activities and its implication to us as Seventh - Day Adventist. 

Question:

Given the fact that God condemns and speaks against this form of worship, Christmas, should Seventh - Day Adventist partake in it ? 

Additionally, should One partake in their events of lent, Easter etc?

In other words, We as Seventh-Day Adventist know the Scripture very well, and we know what Revelation 12, 13, 17 & 18 declare to us in respect to Satan ascribe worship through the Papal power; and, how the pope will seek to change laws and times, and blaspheme God. So I am arguing why are we still supporting catholic teaching by indulging in their practices and making excuses for doing so. If God said no - Do not be partakers of her sins...

“Come away from her, my people.

Do not take part in her sins,

or you will be punished with her.

5For her sins are piled as high as heaven,

and God remembers her evil deeds.

Why are so many of us are saying yes we know its not Jesus birthday, but we find it fitting to do x or y.... 

How can you know that these people's teachings are not of God or exalt Him, yet you indulge in their practices?

Views: 1354

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On the other hand celebrating Christmas is bringing Jesus into the home. To do away with a chance to worship our Lord just because someone says it was once a pagan holiday would seem sad to me. If we do away with everything that has pagan roots we couldn't even worship on the day of Saturn.

I may be wrong, but there are so few times that we can share Christ with the world, we should take every opportunity available.

EGW said the day should not be ignored.

Keith

Keith, thats is a prime example of how deception works.

Are you saying anything that has pagan roots should be done away with?

That would include worship on Saturday. Is that what you are saying?

Keith

Jani

The majority of the Church celebrates Christmas, and I have never celebrated Mithra, Saturnalia, Zoraster, or any other pagan ritual. However, I have and will continue to enjoy Christmas.

Leon, its same as Christmas, just another pagan ritual.

And your non-observence makes you holy?

Leon! This is the second time you asked me this question; “And your non-observance makes you holy?

I think my non-observance makes me aware. If God says come out of her my people, how can you come out if you don’t know where you are? It is Yahweh who makes us holy

… so they will know that I am Yahweh who sets them apart as holy. Ezekiel 20:12

He saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our own accomplishments, but according to his own purpose and the grace that was given to us in the Messiah Jesus before time began. 2 Timothy 1:9

Exactly Jani, that is the central theme to my issue with some of my adventist family in regard to Christmas observance and other Catholic Holidays that are observe. 

I believe coming from my jurisdiction that it is known that Seventh-Day Adventist never, ever celebrate Christmas - that is have Christmas programs in church; have gift exchange; or any thing with Christmas, or any Catholic Celebration whatsoever.

And for the simple reason that if the Papal Church who was spoken of God, but powered by Satan, work a work to do what it wants - that they alone can interpret Scripture, forgive sins, get you into heaven et cetera (which in essence speaking to Satan ascribing worship to himself - and this was preached, you can't be saying that but yet supporting their teachings, and holidays. That just can't happen.

But now, as one taxi driver said, "but now, I don't know what happen to Seventh - Day Adventist, they were never in such activities". 

What is going on with the Adventist World? For if we are not wise, here is wisdom. If, and that is a big if, the apostate church (image of beast to be worship) gets its way to coming into being and enforcing it stipulations. Would it not be safe to say argue that many Adventist will compromise and say, well, chief I was just an Adventist, it didn't mean anything to me, and join in the worship or homage to whom the image of the beast is pointing?

If there is such a divide how can this church stand and on my many other issues as well. Christ didn't die, for example, and resurrected on the day Catholic set aside as Good Friday and what not, yet most persons are lured into the observance. 

Brothers we have a fight on our hand for worship, personal worship, and collective worship. Satan wants worship and he is working hard for it. So let God go and left God f

So, are you looking forward to Third Advent, or the Fourth Advent this year?

Garth

You must do as you see fit anything else is sin:

Rom 14:22  Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 23  And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Hello Ian

Does that include bacon (had to say it.)

Leon

Leon

Yes it does of cause, but God is not mocked.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service