Adventist Online

Given that the year is winding down to another Christmas celebration, to my brothers and sisters, I write to a commence a discussion on the Catholic celebration, Christmas, and their other activities and its implication to us as Seventh - Day Adventist. 

Question:

Given the fact that God condemns and speaks against this form of worship, Christmas, should Seventh - Day Adventist partake in it ? 

Additionally, should One partake in their events of lent, Easter etc?

In other words, We as Seventh-Day Adventist know the Scripture very well, and we know what Revelation 12, 13, 17 & 18 declare to us in respect to Satan ascribe worship through the Papal power; and, how the pope will seek to change laws and times, and blaspheme God. So I am arguing why are we still supporting catholic teaching by indulging in their practices and making excuses for doing so. If God said no - Do not be partakers of her sins...

“Come away from her, my people.

Do not take part in her sins,

or you will be punished with her.

5For her sins are piled as high as heaven,

and God remembers her evil deeds.

Why are so many of us are saying yes we know its not Jesus birthday, but we find it fitting to do x or y.... 

How can you know that these people's teachings are not of God or exalt Him, yet you indulge in their practices?

Views: 1357

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I see.  Would you prefer Sister Elizabeth Barton?

Leon

Unlike you, I newer had a problem with EG White or the 28 Fundamentals.

Thanks Ian

I think you have made that point clear

Lying is a sin Mutinta. We do not worship Ellen White.

She is dead so she can't be your mentor, neither is it possible to see eye to eye, and you definitely cannot have an audience with her.

Hello Jason

Wise words, I wish you and other SDA's who constantly worship at her alter would heed them. It appears to me that you and others have been fully indoctrinated, and refuse to disagree with her. Perhaps I am wrong, but I haven't seen one post in which you have indicated disagreement.

Leon

Is there another preferable altar?

Jason,
Oh man! This thread is about christmas. You got issues. Sort them out with the LORD.personal issues are best handled there.
Blessings

I would hardly think Christmas can be called a Catholic holiday. Studying the history shows it has evolved from many different sources. But just because it has pagan roots shouldn't mean we can't still find Christ in Christmas. Gentiles were considered pagans and that's where Christianity came from. We can make it a Christian holiday, or leave it as a social holiday. that's the choice that each person has to make on his own.

Keith 

Could you expound on this statement: "Gentiles were considered pagans and that's where Christianity came from." ?   

No I won't. Why do you even ask the question,. No matter what I say you will say I am wrong. You know the answer, everybody knows the answer.and you just want to fight. I'm trying the forum because several members told me to ignore you and come back, so I'm ignoring you. I'm not falling into your non Christian trap.

Jason, just because someone doesn't believe as you do does not mean they should be thrown out of the church. Your way or the highway doesn't work with me.

I know you only asked a simple question, but with your reasoning I know it could evolve into me being of the devil, unfit for heaven so I'm not going there.

I really shouldn't jump on you like this, and I'm sorry, but I need to get an understanding with you, or forget this whole forum.

I assume you are very young and inexperienced, but that's really no reason to put people down the way you do. It's not only me..

Anyway a pagan is often referred to as a person that is not Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, or Islamic. A Heathen.

Paul took the Gospel to the Gentiles which was the beginning of the Christian church.

The object of my statement was that there are many sources from which Christmas evolved.

The Catholic church was one them, but not all of them. Just an observation Jason.

Now will you be alright, or do you still want me to leave. You choice.

Keith

Keith

You do not like to be wrong do you? here is another of your statements:

Paul took the Gospel to the Gentiles which was the beginning of the Christian church.

Whereas Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles, as far as I know he did take the message to the pagans from the Founder Christ. Apart from Luke there is only Jews writing the new testament. Have you new information Keith.

Ian,

Not really, I don't have a clue as to what you are trying to say.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service