Adventist Online

Given that the year is winding down to another Christmas celebration, to my brothers and sisters, I write to a commence a discussion on the Catholic celebration, Christmas, and their other activities and its implication to us as Seventh - Day Adventist. 

Question:

Given the fact that God condemns and speaks against this form of worship, Christmas, should Seventh - Day Adventist partake in it ? 

Additionally, should One partake in their events of lent, Easter etc?

In other words, We as Seventh-Day Adventist know the Scripture very well, and we know what Revelation 12, 13, 17 & 18 declare to us in respect to Satan ascribe worship through the Papal power; and, how the pope will seek to change laws and times, and blaspheme God. So I am arguing why are we still supporting catholic teaching by indulging in their practices and making excuses for doing so. If God said no - Do not be partakers of her sins...

“Come away from her, my people.

Do not take part in her sins,

or you will be punished with her.

5For her sins are piled as high as heaven,

and God remembers her evil deeds.

Why are so many of us are saying yes we know its not Jesus birthday, but we find it fitting to do x or y.... 

How can you know that these people's teachings are not of God or exalt Him, yet you indulge in their practices?

Views: 1357

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In reviewing the responses posed by some that one shouldn't condemn those who celebrate, or that its nothing. I have to say that him or her is treading a fine line. For if God clearly states in Daniel and Revelation what the Papal system will and did do; and, if this is part of Adventist teaching showing that they will blaspheme God, they will seek to change times and laws to suit their purpose. If Adventist purports and teach this, and yet their members are still swaying with the Catholic Celebrations, what is this really saying?

Garth, even God’s people like being in Babylon, its fun. They don’t want the mask pulled away because they may see the dead men bones, and that’s not pretty, and its not fun.

EGW said not to ignore Christmas. I don't know what to tell you,

Keith

Keith

The righteousness of EGW will only be good for her.  I can tell you that the word of God doesn’t subscribe to such a thing. It’s no different than Sunday or trinity, it all comes from the same system.

Are you saying we shouldn't believe in the trinity because Catholics teach it?

Keith

Keith,
Well, it's just good they at least Garth and gene, do not consider Sr White as infallible! That's healthy! And I want to stand by their convictions. Like Paul said in Romans 14

So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God . Let us not therefore judge one another any more : but judge this rather , that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother’s way . I know , and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus , that there is nothing unclean of itself : but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean , to him it is unclean .

Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace , and things wherewith one may edify another . For meat destroy not the work of God . All things indeed are pure ; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence . It is good neither to eat flesh , nor to drink wine , nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth , or is offended , or is made weak . Hast thou faith ? have it to thyself before God . Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth . And he that doubteth is damned if he eat , because he eateth not of faith : for whatsoever is not of faith is sin .

In verse 5One man esteemeth one day above another: : another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind . He that regardeth the day , regardeth it unto the Lord ; and he that regardeth not the day , to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth , eateth to the Lord , for he giveth God thanks ; and he that eateth not , to the Lord he eateth not , and giveth God thanks .

So Garth or Gene, if you feel convinced on Christmas morn as you sing, " hark the heralds" or " joy to the world" or Emmanuel, or any of the carols you are worshiping an idol, by all means avoid it. However as for me and others and apparently Sr White, we shall celebrate his birth and sing them songs, as we re fully persuaded of the life of Christ in our personal lives and we shall rejoice and point men to the lamb. John 3:14.
God bless.
Mutinta.

God calls us to serve and follow Him, not oppose everything that catholics do.

Romans 14:6  He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7  For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 8  For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. .......... 22  Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 23  And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Garth

You can always find something to condemn your brother about. I would be more worried about the evil within you rather than Christmas. So What I am saying is your personal salvation is to precious to waste time on this. I will say a prayer for you and others who are caught in the trap of trying to make themselves holy.

Leon

You make the call, choose which God you will serve.  This whole world order is coming down, and that’s why the God I serve said come out of her. When we are born into the world, everything is already fixed for us to embrace it.

Gene,
Keep looking up to that lamb. We may disagree but you are a free moral agent. Joshua said " as for me and my house". If you are fully persuaded its, don't celebrate or acknowledge Christmas, just be honest about it and say there are. Divergent views on this issue even amidst us. Last yr Eld ted Wilson, gave his Christmas gereetings, Danny Shelton always has a special Christmas program with his team, Saccentral and bible study hour have a special season when of singing only carols at this time, hope channel uses this period to highlight Christmas. I frankly find it a very uplifting season, especially focusing on something we rarely focus on in sabbath school quarterly. Singing the hymns in our very SDA hymn which would sound wierd if sang at another time.
Do not make it a test for faithfulness to God like the Jehovas witness do! For it is not!
Blessings

Our prophet told us that Christmas must not be forgotten because much good could be done on this day. Many are open to the Gospel during the season. On the other hand we should not celebrate as the world does with the drinking and exchanging of gifts etc. We should be giving the needed, poor, etc. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service