Adventist Online

Given that the year is winding down to another Christmas celebration, to my brothers and sisters, I write to a commence a discussion on the Catholic celebration, Christmas, and their other activities and its implication to us as Seventh - Day Adventist. 

Question:

Given the fact that God condemns and speaks against this form of worship, Christmas, should Seventh - Day Adventist partake in it ? 

Additionally, should One partake in their events of lent, Easter etc?

In other words, We as Seventh-Day Adventist know the Scripture very well, and we know what Revelation 12, 13, 17 & 18 declare to us in respect to Satan ascribe worship through the Papal power; and, how the pope will seek to change laws and times, and blaspheme God. So I am arguing why are we still supporting catholic teaching by indulging in their practices and making excuses for doing so. If God said no - Do not be partakers of her sins...

“Come away from her, my people.

Do not take part in her sins,

or you will be punished with her.

5For her sins are piled as high as heaven,

and God remembers her evil deeds.

Why are so many of us are saying yes we know its not Jesus birthday, but we find it fitting to do x or y.... 

How can you know that these people's teachings are not of God or exalt Him, yet you indulge in their practices?

Views: 1352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jason,
Agreed. Am still waiting for your response on our IJ discussion.
Mutinta.

Jason

It’s easy to continue something you love, even when it’s wrong. When I meet God, at least I’ll point back to His word and say, God you said do this in remembrance of Me. Satan deceives us in many ways, he a very cunning foe; don’t keep Christmas the way the world keeps it, but you can still keep it, you’re just pretending you’re different.  Let’s stop pretending about this, and call sin what it is.

There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death.

I heard another voice from heaven, saying, "Come out of her, my people, so that you will not participate in her sins and receive of her plagues;

Some people don’t know, but God’s people know, but they just won’t do.

Thank you Mutinta,

I no longer partake of this Christian falsehood, nor do I go around making it a test for faithfulness to God, but in reality it is. Do you think it was easy for Abraham to turn away from his own father’s family teachings? I’m sure it was not, but the Bible says he believed God and it was account to him for righteousness. The question is do we believe God on this issue.  God says there’s sin Babylon; God knows that everyone won’t come out now. That’s why He didn’t say come out of her everybody, He said come out of her my people.  I’m sure we all have very fond memories of the Christmas season, but if we’re honest with the God of the Bible, this is not His way.  This may require us to do some soul searching, but the angel’s message is clear.

And he cried with a mighty voice, Revere God and give Him glory (honor and praise in worship), for the hour of His judgment has arrived. Fall down before Him; pay Him homage and adoration and worship Him Who created heaven and earth, the sea and the springs (fountains) of water.

What God are we really worshipping when we embrace these things in our mind? We are born into things, but God calls us out to worship the True and Living God.

Hello Gene

And this is why people are leaving as soon as they come in.

Leon

Leon please explain.

Gene

People are leaving because many are unwilling or unable to provide them with a venue for knowing Christ Better. For some reason many SDA's are too busy trying to distinguish themselves by restriction in an apparent attempt to make themselves holy. Rather than teaching fellow Christians how to abide in Christ through service, instead they condemn Christmas and other trivial matters. Delineating oneself from the world because of doctrine is not what Christ had in mind when he advocated for the service based life of Christians. People in this world need Christ, they need to be in a relationship with Him so they can be free from sin. If we teach people that they are highly valued and their actions can move mountains if they are connected to Christ, they will experience the love of Christ, and this will keep them in the fold.

Leon

Leon,
Well put.
Mutinta.

Agreed. That is very true Leon. Because Bible identifies somebody as the beast does not make us any better. We all need grace that only Jesus can give.

Herbert the Truth is people are leaving for some adventist members in presenting the Gospel, present a water down Gospel. For those who are not strong, this turns them away. I love Jesus, one brother (and that brother/sister well off) will say, but, a new convert just ask for a $200 dollars for he needs some food and to capture a job opportunity. The brother or sister will say I love you, ye, but I aint have it now. I sorry. But Sabbath afternoon you find the same brother in the grocery shopping. And the example can go on. Worship God, but honour Satan through his subtle ways. 

Leon,

I’m sure we have a different world vision. I’m certainly not saying that God has no concern for those other people, but God’s plan now is for His people. The reason is, God is going to use His people in the future, when Jesus comes to help save the whole world.  How can God use a people that doesn’t even respond to His call?

If we want to be one of God’s king priest in the future, we must respond to His call to come out.  Coming out starts in the mind, Babylon is a mindset. We have to repent, that starts in the mind.  We have to change our mindset from Babylon to the kingdom of God. Jesus said repent, change your mindset and believe the good news.  The good news is the kingdom of God;

Gene,

Do you feel we should still observe the feast?

Keith

Keith, I do.  These are the only days God has instructed His people to keep.  I’ve kept them with a smaller non-SDA group for twelve years, now I observer the best I can. It would indeed be glorious if the SDA had this understanding of God’s holy days, then we would see how disgusting Christmas keeping is.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service