Adventist Online

Colour scheme for GC 2015 most unfortunate.....*edited with SDA GC response*

Did anyone else notice the colour scheme behind the church logo??

https://www.facebook.com/GCSession

•  
  • Seventh-day Adventist Church's General Conference Session Thank you for your concern Adrian, but no, the colors in the background are not associated with the LGBT movement. Rather, the red logo is for session branding and the other colors are in the main decorations (carpet, wallpaper, etc) of the convention center in San Antonio. So the colors you see are really reflecting the location we will be holding Session.

https://www.facebook.com/GCSession

Views: 1929

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

NB I was not implicating the whole SDA church just those who were given the task of decorating the place. Don't you know that the gays are very good decorators lol, take MFG for example, these guys are talented. 

Peace

Jason: "NB I was not implicating the whole SDA church just those who were given the task of decorating the place. Don't you know that the gays are very good decorators lol, take MFG for example, these guys are talented."

Ok, so you believe the graphic designers who designed it is gay?

Again, that would be assumptions, do you have proof, I don't know but maybe those graphic designers are married with children and not gay at all, maybe They thought those colors would represent the place GC is being held, but that would be an assumption as well.. Why!? Because we don't really know.. But that's the statement made.

I like the colors of the rainbow, GOD showed those colors as a sign to humanity. For me the homosexuals has the counterfeit rainbow, and it means nothing to me. As I look, the colors in the SDA advertisement don't even have all the colors in the gay rainbow, if gay people made SDA advertisement why did they leave out some of their colors? There's no green or purple... So maybe I should assume gay people didn't make it and I should believe the statement made

".... no, the colors in the background are not associated with the LGBT movement. Rather, the red logo is for session branding and the other colors are in the main decorations (carpet, wallpaper, etc) of the convention center in San Antonio. So the colors you see are really reflecting the location we will be holding Session."

Why shouldn't I believe this statement, if it was associated with the LGBT movement then why leave some of the colors out? If they had the control to put their so called gay colors in the advertisement, why not put in the green and the purple?

As far as homosexual people being "good decorators" and "talented"... I'll just say a sense of style is not base on a persons sexual orientation... There are good and bad gay and straight decorators... and once again, we don't know who designed it, was it someone outside the Church, people from within the Church, if it is, since you don't believe the statement made on this matter, should we hunt them down and question them, let them give a report on their mental process and why they choose to go with those colors in the GC2015 advertisement?

Since We don't really really know, We're not in peoples mind who designed it, but it is my assumption that you guys might be making nothing into something, no matter what is told to you, your still going to believe what you want, totally based on your assumptions.
But just think, what if it's not what you assume, what if straight people designed it and the statement made was the truth... You, Ian and others would be putting a false light on the Church because of your assumptions. Some people do believe you and some may say you know what I'm outta here and leave the Church. The Devil would be happy.

I don't like to assume, I like facts, that's why talking about things that we can fact check with the Bible and SOP and history is the best thing to do. If there are actions and statements made that goes against that, then sound the alarm, sigh and cry.

Blessings!

Thanks Reasoning 

For your response Yes you are Right in that I have no positive proof. I was only trying to make folks aware that all is not well with the leadership. Do you think that they are whiter than snow? I have seen to many things happen in the church to think that the Devil has his foot well inside the door. 

This is not saying all has sold their soul to the Devil, bur clearly some have. As this photo will tell you:

Peace

Ian: "For your response Yes you are Right in that I have no positive proof. I was only trying to make folks aware that all is not well with the leadership. Do you think that they are whiter than snow? I have seen to many things happen in the church to think that the Devil has his foot well inside the door. This is not saying all has sold their soul to the Devil, bur clearly some have. As this photo will tell you:"

Thank you, no I don't think everyone are Wheat in the Church, I know there are tares and Satan planted them.  I understand you wanting to show us not all is well with leadership, but the color scheme in the GC2015 advertisement can't be proven to be one of them.. now, if you showed something that goes against the teaching of the Bible, then we have something to test it with.

It's the same for the picture of the 9 people only showing one eye... Your assuming that it means something sinister, hey, it could be, but we don't really know.

It could have been people in charge of putting these graphics together for an event and thought it'll  be cool to lined them up that way so they can all fit, and  not thinking anything about something occulted.   I don't know, and neither do you..  you have no positive proof.. that's what you said, bro we are to prove all things from the Bible, I believe this subject takes us away from that.

What do you think about the picture? because you keep showing it and saying this photo will tell you, what is it telling you? do you believe pastor Mark Finely, I think that's Ted Wilson and the rest of the SDA in that picture are part of something sinister or you think they don't even know about it?

I'm sorry bro. a picture doesn't mean anything to me,  give me something of them saying something against what the Bible teaches, then we have the Bible to test it, and then we will have positive proof to see if what is being said true or not.

The picture, the colors, and your view is base on assumptions, just speculations, because you said "... I (Ian, aka Lazarus) have no positive proof.". You could be right, but it's best to focus on the Word than that stuff... of course in my humble opinion my brother.

Blessings!

Thanks Reasoning 

Yes I understand you are in a polite way trying to make me shut up and not rock the boat. Let us try another perspective then. As you know the Church is representing God to the world. Would you think that we should make such a image clean? Would you think that showing the world images tarnished with LGTB colors and occult sublime messages makes a good image as a witness for God? Is not God about righteousness, Justice and Fairness? Does those colors and logos transmit these Ideals, tarnished with messages of occultism and LGTB? My Question is would it not be better to have a clean image that have no hints of these things? As a saying goes the right thing should be done and it should also be seen to be done. 

Peace

Ian: "Yes I understand you are in a polite way trying to make me shut up and not rock the boat. Let us try another perspective then. As you know the Church is representing God to the world. Would you think that we should make such a image clean? Would you think that showing the world images tarnished with LGTB colors and occult sublime messages makes a good image as a witness for God?"

I will never harshly or politely tell you to shut up brother, if you see something, say something, sigh, cry...

I'm just saying whatever it is, we must be able to prove it. The picture, the colors, and your view is base on assumptions, and speculations, because you said,  "... I (Ian, aka Lazarus) have no positive proof.". How is that done? How do we test something without proof brother Ian?

If you don't have any proof, then you might be wrong, and if your wrong, then you are shining a bad light on the Church...  it could be someone who just became an SDA and then they read your view base on assumptions (that you have "no positive proof" for),  believe it, and rather leave the Church.

The Bible tells us to prove all things, but your view has "no positive proof". So I ask you, if the Bible says prove all things and you have no proof, what should you do?

Blessings!

Reasoning 

OK I will shut up. 

Happy Sabbath 

PS you did not address the the question I asked. I put it in a simpler way. Do you believe that the Church should present a clean image to the world? Or is a image tarnished with LGTB and occult messages embedded in it is OK and we just need to lean back relax and say the devil can not harm the church? 

Peace

Ian: "OK I will shut up.... Happy Sabbath .... PS you did not address the the question I asked. I put it in a simpler way. Do you believe that the Church should present a clean image to the world? Or is a image tarnished with LGTB and occult messages embedded in it is OK and we just need to lean back relax and say the devil can not harm the church?"

Thank you, and Happy Sabbath to you as well..

Like I said, if you see or hear something, say something... but you must have proof!! Now, from your own words,

Ian:  "... I (Ian, aka Lazarus) have no positive proof."

If you have no real proof, then you can't prove the images are tarnished with LGTB and occult messages embedded in it. It's base on your and others assumptions, why waste time on assuming brother?.   

With assuming, you could be right or you could be wrong!

I did answer your question brother Ian, but it was with a question, and your answer will be the answer to your question...

the Bible tells us to prove all things, but your view has "no positive proof". So I ask you, if the Bible says prove all things and you have no proof, what should you do?

Blessings!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by