Adventist Online

The SDA  church is mixed up in everything the world is in. The church celebrates all the Pagan holidays.  When and how will the church heed the warning to come out of Babylon?

Views: 198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"There is no particular sin in selecting a fragrant evergreen and placing it in our churches; but the sin lies in the motive which prompts the actions and the use which is made of the gifts placed upon the tree."

This is obviously a setup for compromising the way of God. It may have been more appreciated to say plant a tree in the middle of the sanctuary and call it the tree of life.

Everyone knows that the evergreen tree is a symbol of the Christmas tree. So, what would be the motive, to place gifts on the tree? (I’ve seen this in a church I attended).

Nowhere in the word of God does it promote such a way. God’s prophet Jeremiah says to Israel

NET Bible - The LORD says, "Do not start following pagan religious practices…

Brenton Septuagint Translation - Thus saith the Lord, Learn ye not the ways of the heathen

Of course in today's society this is not looked upon as pagan rituals, but God has not changed.

So, even if you don't do it the same way, the net result is the same; a compromise of God's way for pagan religious practices.

The church should be advocating for God and keeping God’s holy days, but this is what happens when God is compromised. EGW said, its nothing wrong with having an evergreen tree in the church. Yeah, but Satan is a lot more cunning.

Peace 

EGW: There is no particular sin in selecting a fragrant evergreen and placing it in our churches; but the sin lies in the motive which prompts the actions and the use which is made of the gifts placed upon the tree."

Gene wrote: "This is obviously a setup for compromising the way of God. It may have been more appreciated to say plant a tree in the middle of the sanctuary and call it the tree of life. Everyone knows that the evergreen tree is a symbol of the Christmas tree. So, what would be the motive, to place gifts on the tree? (I’ve seen this in a church I attended)."

This is your thinking Gene, I reject the notion that the evergreen tree is a symbol of the Christmas tree and its pagan roots. Because the world uses what GOD has made doesn't make it wrong.

GOD made the rainbow, if the colors GOD use to signify a covenant with the human race are use in churches, does that mean these churches are advocating a homosexual lifestyle? Of course not... 

You observed GOD annual Holy days, during the Feast of Tabernacles, if I'm not mistaken, the hadar tree was an evergreen tree. So GOD uses evergreen trees as well brother Gene. Satan is always trying to make a counterfeit. 

Lev.23:40 And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God seven days.

EGW : "The tree may be as tall and its branches as wide as shall best suit the occasion; but let its boughs be laden with the golden and silver fruit of your beneficence, and present this to Him as your Christmas gift."

From what I get, she is saying instead of decorating the tree, let it be decorated by the good we do, and let that be our gift the Jesus. 

I would agree with you that many SDA churches has more and more embraced and celebrated the time people know as Christmas like the world. Reform is definitely needed. 

Blessings! 

Ellen White was speaking of a specific time; Christmas, and about the specific tree; the evergreen which identifies with the Christmas tree in which the question was derived:

Shall we have a Christmas tree?

The tree may be as tall and its branches as wide as shall best suit the occasion; but let its boughs be laden with the golden and silver fruit of your beneficence, and present this to Him as your Christmas gift. Let your donations be sanctified by prayer and let the fruit upon this consecrated tree be applied towards removing the debts from our houses of worship…

This is polluted offering just as in book of Malachi.

7 Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee?

The Christmas tree is just that, but the compromise has render grieve consequences.

Peace 

Gene wrote: "Ellen White was speaking of a specific time; Christmas, and about the specific tree; the evergreen which identifies with the Christmas tree in which the question was derived: Shall we have a Christmas tree?"

I agree, EGW was speaking about the time known as Christmas (Dec.25), and yes, she was speaking about the evergreen tree, which the world knows as a Christmas tree, of course because it's associated with the time Dec.25th... However, it doesn't have to be, what if a church wants to put a evergreen tree in the church during spring or fall? How about in February? 

Just because the world has taken the evergreen tree and made a symbol for a time GOD hasn't ordained, that doesn't mean if a SDA church wants to have a evergreen tree during this time that it's wrong. What EGW was pointing out in my view is how we treat the tree, what we do with the tree. 

If the evergreen tree is treated like the world during this time, then it needs to be addressed... but EGW was saying be opposite from the world. Brother Gene, The world doesn't have the exclusive rights to the evergreen tree. 

Gene wrote: "The tree may be as tall and its branches as wide as shall best suit the occasion; but let its boughs be laden with the golden and silver fruit of your beneficence, and present this to Him as your Christmas gift. Let your donations be sanctified by prayer and let the fruit upon this consecrated tree be applied towards removing the debts from our houses of worship…
This is polluted offering just as in book of Malachi.
7 Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee?
The Christmas tree is just that, but the compromise has render grieve consequences."

Bro... are you understanding what she is saying? I don't think you are. She is saying The evergreen tree that SDA put in the church during the time of winter, for fragrance purposes... instead of the boughs being laden with golden and sliver fruit (like the world), laden it with the good we do... and let the good we do be presented as our gift.

Yes, she said Christmas gift, but again, she was giving a contrast, instead of golden and sliver fruit, instead of Christmas gifts, let the good we do be presented as our gift to Jesus. 

Unfortunately, I believe what EGW says here has given many to treat the evergreen tree like the world... and there are people like yourself that takes what she said as permission to treat the evergreen tree like the world. 

EGW wrote: "You can make it like the world if you have a disposition to do so, or you can make it as unlike the world as possible. "

Blessings! 

Do ye not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?

Loud and clear Reasoning.

Thanks to you all for responding. Very good deliberations  but may we take our slices out and adopt reformatory  practices and step right out of paganism  Babylon harlotary, culture and tradition to the Thus saith the Lord in total obedience. REPENT

Redva said, "The church celebrates all the Pagan holidays."

To which I replied, "Hmm... does it? I have never heard of the church celebrating pagan holidays."

Redva, you still have not given any evidence for your initial premise. Do you have any evidence that the church celebrates all the pagan holidays? You state that we need to, "step right out of paganism  Babylon harlotary [sic], culture and tradition" but what does that mean? You make a lot of accusations but give no evidence to support them.

What are you talking about? How can you make random accusations against God's denominated people with no evidence? 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service